It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most will end up in Hell.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's estimated that there have been 100 billion people born on this planet.

It's also estimated that the infant mortality rate has been around 50%.

Thats 50 billion children and babies that never had the chance to join the OP's 'gang', and thus are now roasting in a lake of fire.

If this particular theism was true, I would upon my death, tell that god to......(fill in the blanks)

He would have a lot to answer for (thats putting it mildly).

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Gosh, that Matthew seemed to have a teeth fetish comparable to the Egaeus in Poe's Bernice ..

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:11-12).

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42).

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:49-50).

And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 22:12-13).

The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:50-51).

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:29-30).

But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out (Luke 13:27-28).

Since I'll probably end up in hell anyway I suppose it doesn't matter that all this WEEPING, WAILING AND GNASHING OF TEETH has never failed to start me off chuckling since I was a kid.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Animals don't get to go to Heaven because apparently they have no soul...
Poor Snufty

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

meh, its all aload of scollops

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
It's estimated that there have been 100 billion people born on this planet.

It's also estimated that the infant mortality rate has been around 50%.

Thats 50 billion children and babies that never had the chance to join the OP's 'gang', and thus are now roasting in a lake of fire.

If this particular theism was true, I would upon my death, tell that god to......(fill in the blanks)

He would have a lot to answer for (thats putting it mildly).

You say that but once you stand before the Creator and Judge of mankind you will cower in fear knowing your fate.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Que the "Much wailing and gnashing of teeth" thing...
Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

To me, scollops rhymes somewhat loosely with a nickname for testicals. I am ok with this.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

indeed lol, nothing harmfull towards a chip
. just an expression which fitted well i thought

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaitingThePublic
wouldn't Hell be like the Heaven for "sinners"?

Theologically speaking .. you are very close.

People in Hell WANT to be there. They want no part of God. Therefore, even if the gates of Heaven were thrown wide open, those in Hell would run the other way .. deeper into Hell to get away from Heaven. They hate God. They want no part of Him and they want no part of Heaven.

For them to go to Heaven, it would be even a greater Hell than Hell is.

Just the fact that God holds them in existence is what Hell is and that touch of God upon their souls is what burns ... not real burning like here in a physical body .. but the touch of God holding their soul. God's touch is love .. they are hate .. God's love 'burns'. That is what the 'burning' in hell is ... that God still holds them in existence and that touch from God is what hurts them because they hate God. The closest human understanding comes to that spiritual pain is saying 'burning fires of hell'.

That's the (Catholic) theology.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by Hecate666

Animals don't get to go to Heaven because apparently they have no soul...
Poor Snufty

That is a lie...

All life has the eternal spirit within...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh? OH NO. Wait, Hell, is a place in Norway, isn't it?

I just came in for a cheap chuckle.

Ta ta

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Alice Cooper went to Hell in 1976 and yet still continues to make great music. So Hell can't be that bad

In all seriousness: It's the 21st Century and people still believe this crap? Hell? Heaven? I think that's the main reason why humanity is doomed. 90% of all people believe every crap they get brainwashed into.
Alice Cooper find Christ Jesus as wel, he is Christian too!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
You'll see the reality of Hell when you wake up there after death. Satan has you all convinced he isn't real nor is Hell.
The reason why they react is to choose what the most of them choose too.. they scare the hell of it if it is all be true. They're cowards because they're don't dare to go against the stream.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarky1965
Which hell would that be? Hades? Sheol? Or Gehenna? Two of these words mean the grave and one referred to the Valley of Hinnom outside of Jerusalem where the trash was burned?

Yes, those of us who are educated, and those of us who research these matters know this, but brainwashed Christians do not know this. However, being as in the next Dimension, where all will go, whether they like it or not, whatever one thinks becomes instant reality, I am quite certain that most Christians, those who strongly believe, will find themselves in the very Hell they condemn us to.
So be it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I think you really need to read Ephesians 1 a few times and then do a bible study on what it means that "God is Sovereign"
You seem to be getting a little ahead of yourself.
Its worth your time.
Cheers
No no, that ain't work... we'll have to pray for them, not for a blessings but the opposite! The sooner they came in troubles the sooner they pray to God, because they will realise they can't do it by their own.. even they think now!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos

Originally posted by Unrealised
What if a person can't read, because your God has placed them in some bad circumstances?

Will they go to Hell for not reading the Bible?

I should hope not, because it would be God's fault.

Yeah what about blind and deaf people with no fingers to read braille?

Joh 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yep, you betcha!
I'm going to put my faith in a BOOK written by MAN!

I'll get right on that.
Yeah, because science books and articles aren't written by MAN! *sashays off into the light* lol seriously?! Your point is WEAK, man!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

We'll I guess I'll greet you there when you arrive with a cocktail.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yep, guess I'm going to hell then.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BaitingThePublic
wouldn't Hell be like the Heaven for "sinners"?

Theologically speaking .. you are very close.

People in Hell WANT to be there. They want no part of God. Therefore, even if the gates of Heaven were thrown wide open, those in Hell would run the other way .. deeper into Hell to get away from Heaven. They hate God. They want no part of Him and they want no part of Heaven.

For them to go to Heaven, it would be even a greater Hell than Hell is.

Just the fact that God holds them in existence is what Hell is and that touch of God upon their souls is what burns ... not real burning like here in a physical body .. but the touch of God holding their soul. God's touch is love .. they are hate .. God's love 'burns'. That is what the 'burning' in hell is ... that God still holds them in existence and that touch from God is what hurts them because they hate God. The closest human understanding comes to that spiritual pain is saying 'burning fires of hell'.
This makes some sense to me because the bible says:
So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God. -1John3:10
All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. -John3:20
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. -John8:44
He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. John3:8
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God. 3John1:11
Pay attention to the last part. People think that just because many haven't heard the Jesus story that those who haven't heard of the name of Jesus are going to hell, well, the bible says that ANYONE who does what is good is from God, now, try to convince me that no one has any clue about right and wrong and I shall disagree with you. Tell me that you are incapable of doing what is right and I shall tell you otherwise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join