It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian police seize record $6 trillion of fake US bonds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I was wondering when this would happen again.

The PRESS barely covered the last time this happened;
Philippines : LINK
It was $2 trillion

In Manilla -- $3 Trillion
That case was interesting, because the suspects were LET OUT ON BOND. Of course they fled. Wonder who got paid for that mistake?

But the curious thing to me, is why is it assumed this is Counterfeit? I mean, someone comes to you with a boxcar of a Trillion in US Bonds -- and you wouldn't check them with every method available? You and I can get suckered with a counterfeit $100. But when you are talking about Investment Grade transactions -- that's a bit harder to believe.

And if you weren't transacting these at least $100 Million at a time -- you'd NEVER be done. This is too much money.

>> There are only three scenarios I can consider plausible here;
1) This is an attack from a country -- flood the market with phony treasury notes and you make them a bad investment. It's an economic weapon. China, Russia, and maybe a few other nations would benefit from that. Maybe Iran -- but I still figure we are frenemies and Israel and US need them to be a bogie man as much as their theocrats need the evil West to keep their populations in line.

2) Really, really rich people who have enough money to own the bank -- or are the bank, want to remove their Federal Notes -- either to get out of them altogether, or invest some while spending them. It's a flimsy scam for anyone without this money to try -- but if you can kill the bank manager's family, or make them a billionaire -- I'm sure it's the easiest scam to pull off. 10 years later, when someone checks on the Notes -- they turn out to be forgeries. The people who were in on it, have since had two different jobs and moved on -- it becomes a right-off that is dropped on the taxpayer, or the next bank manager just keeps his mouth shut because otherwise his country is bankrupt -- SEE? It's a flawless scam. Forte Knox might be full of gold-wrapped chocolate, but it would cause epic economic upheaval, so the US Government is you ally if you steal enough.

I personally know about a scam like this with Billions of dollars. It was Zero-Coupon Bonds out of Venezuela which were defaulted. They got a phony letter of credit to back up the bonds after they were worthless -- and suddenly they were worth 90 cents on the dollar -- everyone holding the bonds was suddenly a huge winner. The Bank which got scammed, never brought it up -- because they would lose their jobs. The credit never got challenged,...

.... what people don't realize is your paycheck and the money you buy groceries with, is REAL MONEY. But Billions, Trillions of dollars get traded or made based on illusions. The ONLY value money has is if it's dear to you and me. In the international realm -- it's only use is keeping us busy and distracted.

This leads me to the next possibility,...

3) The OFFICIALS involved, accidentally got in the way of an NORMAL international transaction. These transactions are what keeps the illusion of debt going. Offshore accounts merely produce enough funds to keep buying US Treasury Notes -- again and again. They MIGHT be groups like Haliburton or banks in the UAE, or the Carlysle Group. Groups that make sure our politicians keep creating debts for them, because their members are former political insiders. But I think it's just merely part of the scam -- creating demand for US Notes by buying them from bank transactions -- and who the Heck can verify that these transactions have funds? The World Bank.

This is another flimsy scam but it's one we don't think of, because we assume that there is some oversight and a justice department watching this. But seriously -- who watches the watchers? Who questions Hank Paulson?

The answer as to who can get away with creating $9 Trillion in phony treasuries is; nobody. These are REAL Treasury notes. They probably get bought and burned with FAKE electronic bank credits pulled from the aether. The real question is; Who can OWN the investigation and make transactions in the Trillions? You and I can't move $10,000 at a bank without it being recorded with Homeland Security.

How can ANYONE not a government move $100 Billion or more at a time -- whether or not it's counterfeit, and there be no record of HOW they got that? What, you found a briefcase? You won the lottery?

No -- these Treasury notes have been passing for some time, and it's just soaking up the excess capital to create demand for US treasury notes. We still of course have to pay the Fed 3% for this service. These transactions are being exposed at little islands where their law enforcement is not privy to the arrangement.

>> Why doesn't China or some other country blow the whistle? They want people to work for money as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe they mean a gazillian dollars.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The article states Bonds, not notes, there is a difference.

en.wikipedia.org...(finance)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another prediction here;

A Bunch of the investigators a year from now either quietly end up dead or retire -- fabulously wealthy.

The "counterfeit federal notes" will get burned -- without lot's of independent verification.

>> MY previous post is the supposition that creating this much in phony notes is nearly useless -- you have to have some COUNTRY or group of mega wealthy multinational corporations as your source for the funds, or of COURSE they are phony. So -- it's very likely they are REAL notes, and it's just the investigators taking the word of the US government that they are phony.

The only time I've heard of a large sum of Federal Notes being forged actually traced to someone -- was, and YOU WILL WANT TO verify this; The Bush family (yes the one with two Presidents and a Governor). There was a court case involving $17 Billion in fraudulent treasury notes that was going to result in a conviction. Lucky for them all the evidence burned up when WTC 7 came down.

>> Another prediction; we won't find out what location was the shipping location for the Notes. It's either a bank in Dubai or one of the offshore accounts that don't keep names. These situations where police "accidentally" come across these huge sums happen on small little island countries -- my guess is that there are more official channels in the US, and the wealthier nations, where lower level law enforcement can be steered clear of getting in the way and accidentally doing their jobs.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So wait, this means that lawyer from Nigeria was telling the truth?

There really are warehouses with U.S. bonds in them?

Damn it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
The article states Bonds, not notes, there is a difference.

en.wikipedia.org...(finance)

Treasury Bills, are short-term instruments with maturities of no more than one year.

Treasury Notes are intermediate- to long-term investments, typically issued in maturities of two, three, five, seven and 10 years.

Treasury Bonds cover terms of longer than 10 years, and are currently being issued in maturities of 30 years. Interest is also paid semi-annually.

>> Bonds are much better to have snuggled away, no doubt. However, a news service isn't going to often distinguish between such things, and the term "note" can be used to cover any sort of financial paper used for transaction other than money.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
So wait, this means that lawyer from Nigeria was telling the truth?

There really are warehouses with U.S. bonds in them?

Damn it.

Nigeria is a hub for people who deal or should i say live on that fringe side of life.

btw..your avatar is cool

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
[

>> Bonds are much better to have snuggled away, no doubt. However, a news service isn't going to often distinguish between such things, and the term "note" can be used to cover any sort of financial paper used for transaction other than money.

That is the comfort and security zone of a news network. It purposely leaves out the fine line between the two although as a news medium it should on an ethical level make it clear to viewers the distinction between the two. But given the implications and the magnitude not to mention the reach and depth of this news it would and obviously they have to ride the wave and see how far they can surf without falling of the board..so to speak.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
6 Trillion!, wow.........that's enough to give one pause. Plus, they were alledgedly going to use some of the proceeds to purchase plutonium!?!?

God help us all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jihadoflove
6 Trillion!, wow.........that's enough to give one pause. Plus, they were alledgedly going to use some of the proceeds to purchase plutonium!?!?

God help us all.

Not sure about the plutionium part, that sounds like hogwash to sway the people into thinking those guys are "Bad people" for moving their legally owned, non-fake bonds.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
very interesting video uploaded 16th february of Lord James of Blackheath addressing the House of Lords (uk) regarding 3 bank transfers of $5 trillion each that went into HSBC and was to be passed on to the Royal Bank of Scotland, and also about how the federal reserve is owed $16 trillion by banks, also about 1 man who has $36 tirllion (Yohannes Riyadi) and how the federal reserve paid $500 million to him in order to buy back "worthless" bonds. It seems to show how TPTB have laundered $15 trillion into the banking system, claiming it was backed by 750,000 tonnes of gold, when, in fact it seems it's only backed by 700 tonnes of gold.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have every confidence in the financial revelations of Wilcock and Fulford.....
The fact is Fulford really is well versed in the history of ecinomics and the machinations of the NWO financial swindles fo the past.
This is very likely a false claim that the bonds are fakes.....and if they point to several misspellings and such as proof, well the originals were printed that way to allow the verification that they are GENUINE!
This siezure is just the tip of a huge iceberg.!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have every confidence in the financial revelations of Wilcock and Fulford.....
The fact is Fulford really is well versed in the history of ecinomics and the machinations of the NWO financial swindles fo the past.
This is very likely a false claim that the bonds are fakes.....and if they point to several misspellings and such as proof, well the originals were printed that way to allow the verification that they are GENUINE!
This siezure is just the tip of a huge iceberg.!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

[

That is the comfort and security zone of a news network. It purposely leaves out the fine line between the two although as a news medium it should on an ethical level make it clear to viewers the distinction between the two. But given the implications and the magnitude not to mention the reach and depth of this news it would and obviously they have to ride the wave and see how far they can surf without falling of the board..so to speak.

In OTHER WORDS, the press has to cover the event, to make people think there is no cover up. They inform us with just enough to feel like things are being done -- but not so much that we might think.

>> The "Bonds" will be burned just like the Steel i-beams were carted off to China to be recycled before they could be inspected for the same reasons.

These Federal Bonds will be called forgeries -- whether they are or not. But how the Hell could ANYONE do anything with trillions of forged Bonds? $100 does NOT have a track record. But a Trillion Dollars is something that effects a nation.

>> I'm not even reading the article, because I know that anything other than the fact that trillions were found is liable to be total propaganda. Just assume you are being lied to.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

It's so very easy for the Federal Reserve, World Bank and other very large financial institutions, to create these ONE SIDED transactions.

The REAL threat here, is if people discovered these were REAL Treasury Bonds and investigated the transaction. Then they might find that the bonds were paid for by gold foil covered candy bars, or electronic bank fund transfers (ETFs), from the account of Scooby-Doo.

The FBI is busy taking down websites or catching kids downloading MP3s. The last "Big Fish" our FINRA caught was Martha Stewart for a bad stock tip. Kucinich and Ron Paul asked for an audit on the Federal Reserve and Hank Paulson more or less told them; "Um, I'll just keep pretending you guys run things if you can shut your mouths."

I believe that there is no REAL oversight on the huge financial transfers. It's in everyone's best interest to balance Federal Note transfers with hot air -- creating the illusion that SOMEONE is still buying Treasury Notes. For instance Chinese are busy buying property but have trillions in fed notes so they won't spill the beans.

>>> All Americans know is we've got this huge Debt and so much of it is OWED to offshore accounts. Every nation on earth is going to OWE some unlisted bank account int he future.

The richest people on earth don't OWN ANYTHING, but they walk around with credit cards with no limits that pull funds from the Cayman Islands.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

[

In OTHER WORDS, the press has to cover the event, to make people think there is no cover up. They inform us with just enough to feel like things are being done -- but not so much that we might think.

>> The "Bonds" will be burned just like the Steel i-beams were carted off to China to be recycled before they could be inspected for the same reasons.

These Federal Bonds will be called forgeries -- whether they are or not. But how the Hell could ANYONE do anything with trillions of forged Bonds? $100 does NOT have a track record. But a Trillion Dollars is something that effects a nation.

>> I'm not even reading the article, because I know that anything other than the fact that trillions were found is liable to be total propaganda. Just assume you are being lied to.

Go and look at Nigerian and Sudan export mining deals and its debt towards china and you begin to see a link emerging. This is why i quoted the Nigerian link, someone needed global capital and fast. The time stamps are hours difference, in short, it all broke out within hours of one another. Perhaps they intercepted the bonds so as to tie in another 5 decades of debt to keep an underdeveloped nation into underdeveloped for the next century. I don't see this as a simple case of fake bonds but link in a chain that wraps far more nations with as i mentioned global economic ripples for decades to come.
edit on 18-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

UPDATE 1-Sudan delays China debt, exports $400 mln of gold

Feb 18 (Reuters) - Sudan has secured a five-year delay on its debts to China, the finance minister said on Saturday, part of efforts to make up for the loss of revenues from the oil-producing south.

Ali Mahmoud also told reporters the United States had offered Sudan more debt forgiveness if it meets conditions including bringing peace to its southern border regions..

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Go and look at Nigerian and Sudan export mining deals and its debt towards china and you begin to see a link emerging.

Those cunning Asians.

They deliberately allow European powers to carve China into colonial spheres of influence to distract them from their plan to send massive amounts of gold to North America, where they secretly build a railway system disguised as slave labor. To lull the European powers into a false sense of security, they allow the Americans to pen them into ghettos which they periodically burn to the ground.

Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheExopolitician

Go and look at Nigerian and Sudan export mining deals and its debt towards china and you begin to see a link emerging.

Those cunning Asians.

They deliberately allow European powers to carve China into colonial spheres of influence to distract them from their plan to send massive amounts of gold to North America, where they secretly build a railway system disguised as slave labor. To lull the European powers into a false sense of security, they allow the Americans to pen them into ghettos which they periodically burn to the ground.

Brilliant.

Given that the Euro is in sudden need of capitol or so it says..it is intereseting to see what they were reporting only two years ago.

Nigeria’s massive borrowing: China’s $900M, Eurobond $500M and other debts Featured

afripol.org...$900m-eurobond-$500m-and-other-debts.html

Feb 18 (Reuters) - Sudan exported 7.2 tonnes of gold between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15 of this year at a value of $55 million per tonne, the finance minister said on Saturday.

www.reuters.com...

Everyone is moving gold form one point to another, so i assume this intervention on behalf of the swiss is more or less a directive from the warm fireplace of the fed.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here's how the game works:

First, obtain a cache of worthless, but high quality, 1930's vintage paper. Plenty of companies went bankrupt back then, you can use their old stock certificates. Next, remove the ink. Then, using modern computer techniques, cut metal plates that look like they might be genuine US Treasury Bonds. When it comes to denominations, the sky's the limit. Use the plates on an old fashioned printing press to turn the washed paper into credible looking bonds.

Presentation is everything, so create some official looking brass boxes. Soak in sea water for several months to create a convincing patina. When suitably aged, dry off, insert paper and miscellaneous forged documents to support your story and rent a private vault in an extremely discreet Swiss Bank. All of this is expensive and time consuming, so your first score needs to be a big enough one to recoup your investment. $100 million would do nicely.

Now it's time to play. Contact several despots, revolutionary leaders and drug cartels in disparate locations. They should all be in need of funds and have access to easily fungible contraband that they are unable to move on their own. Suggest that you would be willing to take them off their hands for a one time payment. Spend a great deal of time haggling, until they feel they have made a great bargain at exactly $100 million dollars.

By now, your mark is quite certain that you are an extremely shady but powerful customer. When they ask how you intend to pay for the goods, grow very serious. You cannot tell them just yet how you will pay, but if they accompany you to Switzerland, you would be happy to show them your collateral.

You bolster your credibility with your mark by buying them a first class ticket to Zurich. (After all, this is a business expense.) Surrounded by your largest, brawniest, baldest associates in their most ill fitting suits, you extract a promise that your mark will never, ever, breath a word of what he is about to see to another living soul.

You take him to the bank, where the banker ushers you into a private vault and retreats to allow you your privacy. You tell him your story:

"It is a delicate situation, you see. In 1935, the United States government loaned the Allies $50 billion dollars in order to reconstruct after the First World War. Rather than ship actual bullion, the US Treasury issued bearer bonds that could be redeemed for gold. The loan was to have been repaid by the Allies through the reparations specified in, yeah, that's it, the Treaty of Versailles...

"In July of 1940, Marshal Philippe Pétain secretly moved France's share of these bonds to a vault in Vichy. The SD learned of their location, and in 1944, fearing the inevitable collapse of the Reich, Heinrich Himmler ordered the chests seized and hidden in 'The Redoubt,' somewhere in the Salzkammergut in Austria." You pause dramatically.

"Yes, this is the fabled Nazi Hoard. It is pure gold... American gold, and they are obliged to honor these instruments under international law. These chests were discovered by an advance team of British Intelligence officers who agreed that they would share it according to the ancient British tradition known as a tantine. I trust you have read your Kipling. They used their intelligence connections to smuggle the hoard to Switzerland, where they placed it in this vault. When all but one of the officers had died, the survivor inherited the lot.

"As you can imagine, it was only too late that the winner appreciated the irony of his fate. The smallest bond in this collection is for $10 million. Should he try to redeem it, questions would be asked. Since the US Treasury Department keeps the numbers of all its bonds on file, they would know where it came from, and quickly deduce the truth. Naturally, he came to us for help...

"We agreed to take possession of the hoard in exchange for a generous stipend, to be paid monthly until his demise. He received three payments before his unfortunate mountaineering accident." You cock a knowing eyebrow at your mark.

"Alas, we face similar difficulties. We cannot simply present these bonds to a bank. There is no bank on Earth that could cover their much inflated value. However, we would be willing to exchange one of the smaller denominations at face value for merchandise we have the means to distribute..."

Several days later, a simple exchange is made: your mark hands you a gym bag filled with tiny white uncut diamonds, you hand him a fancy briefcase containing a piece of paper you have assured him will be honored by your best pal, Viktor Bute.

Repeat as many times as possible before someone actually tries to buy something from Viktor Bute.
edit on 18-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That's some serious cheddar I wonder how they would have spent all of that if they didn't get caught.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join