It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

the popular kids made fun of you in high school didnt they? and u do understand that it cost more to put someone to death than keep them in prison for life.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Absolutely agree, troll alret. I suppose if someone is caught smoking weed, which is a crime in most states but not all and not all countries either then they should be shot on sight. That'd make the conservatives happy.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh great after you kill everyone who commits a crime you can start killing all GAYS as well(the OP's way of thinking I wouldn't be surprised at all) You should've been around in nazi times during hitler Germany (not modern day 2012 Germany I love it) who banished free thinking, killed all Jewish people by gas chambers and captured any gay homosexual guys suspected to be sent to prisons then killed in different ways (one method is getting eaten alive by German shepards)

Your reality for such a rule is dangerous to society but not only is it dangerous yet unrealistic when it comes to drunk driving because it'll still happen, weed isn't a crime and shouldn't be illegalized but I agree anyone under the age of 18 shouldn't smoke it, 50=70 percent of the population would be dead as everyone commits some crime (parking tickets, speeding tickets, accidentally driving without a license even if you have one, teenagers using their parents credit cards, blah blah blah)

Murder by every crime...you are insane!!!!!
edit on 15-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

the popular kids made fun of you in high school didnt they? and u do understand that it cost more to put someone to death than keep them in prison for life.

OP'er is insane.......but your post is mad as well!......how the hell does it cost more to kill someone, than to keep them in prison for 30-40 maybe 50 years?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

life in prison is a far worse punishment than death. With the death sentence, you are dead and your suffering ends. Spending 30-50 years in a cell is much worse.
edit on 15-2-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm risking ATS policy, but I think your mentally unstable and need psychiatric help. Normal people DON'T think the way you do, if this is not all some game your running, your really a sick puppy.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i was attacked by a bully twice my weight and a good foot taller than me. i defended myself, ended up in cour on a charge. t, the womens friends lied, i was found guilty of attacking her.. I should be put to death for defending myself against a violent fool? or perhaps i should have allowed her to really hurt me?

if the same happened to you, you would happily die because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time? I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My problem is with the idea that "a few legal mistakes" should be acceptable to have a crime-free society. In my opinion, there can be no justifiable reason to execute an innocent man. Especially in a society where the smallest crime incurs the harshest penalty.
I like the post which pretty much said that we are responsible to/for ourselves and should not need laws to tell us how to behave.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by tzdub

OP'er is insane.......but your post is mad as well!......how the hell does it cost more to kill someone, than to keep them in prison for 30-40 maybe 50 years?

Actually, someone on Death Row is there for many years. Most laws require automatic appeals to their sentence. Lawyers, paperwork and filing, and the court's time on these appeals cost money, normally at the tax payer's expense.
A prisoner on Death Row is not normally among the prison's general population and is instead kept isolated. They also have increased amount of security too keep the prisoner "safe" (ironic, isn't it?). The cost of prepping and getting the execution is also expensive, and then there is the transport of the body afterwards. If there is no family to bury the executed prisoner, the tax payers again pick up the dime on that.

Prisoners not on Death Row, do not require as much security to "keep safe" unless they have been moved to protective custody (for numerous reasons). Many prisoners, even "Lifers" will actually do work (helps pass the time. There is saying in prison: Do the Time. Don't let it do you. Depending on the work they do, they may actually be saving tax payers money (road crews, etc) and private industries use inmates also for labor.

In South Carolina, Prison Industries (aka PI) use inmates to package all sorts of good that are sold in stores: detergents and cleaners. Gloves (of all kinds), tennis balls. In one prison (Kershaw I believe it's called) inmates make furniture. In another place upstate, they actually make hardwood flooring that is sold and put down by proffesionals.

Inmates that are on Death Row are not allowed to work. They are required to sit there and wait, for either an appeal on their sentence, or until the day they are transported from Libra (name of the prison where Death Row is), to the Death House at Broadriver in Columbia, SC, for the day of their execution

So I believe that statement is true about ones executed cost more money.

And if you want to know how I know all this, let's just say I was a "guest of the state" for about 3 years for something stupid I did many years ago. I was at a work camp, with no fence even around the place. I did work for the state, did my time, and got out. Met some really good people (both staff and inmates) while I was in.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Trolling

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Death to those who wear blue jeans!!!!! It is a crime after all in West Chester PA. oh, and so is throwing rotten pickles in the street on Sunday. (real laws, btw.) how about eating ice cream without a doctors note after 6pm in Jersey?

Or we could go just kill everyone, since everyone is a criminal. Guess the US decided to take they same stance as the pharmaceutical companies. "a healthy person is a lost customer", so they have a disease for each and every person, oh, that they can treat the symptoms of. Just like now, there is a law that can apply to every single person in the US. Speak against the government? you are a terrorist. record cops harassing people? you are a criminal. Play a song for your friends? you are a pirate. hell, just playing a song on the guitar perfectly and you don't own the rights to that song, you are guilty of piracy. It does say on every piece of media that even public (meaning with anyone other than the consumer) display, listening etc, is a criminal offense. See a pretty girl and look at her for more than a sec, and if she sees you and doesn't like it, then you are guilty of sexual harassment..

So you think people should just sit in a small cell, isolated from anyone, not think, not speak, not live. Everyone is guilty of SOME crime, legit or not, it is still a crime somewhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Let me state my case: Crime is blight upon our planet and a gross embarrassment to the innocent and blameless. All crime should be met with capital punishment.

The human misery and financial cost of crime is enormous and never in question.

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Rich liberals will say ‘what about the wrongly convicted?’ and some will say ‘all crimes? Even shoplifting?’

Yes.

A few legal mistakes would be the acceptable cost for a virtually crime free planet.

We are now evolved enough as a species that something must be done about crime. Just knowing that even the smallest of crimes could result in the ultimate cost, would bring down crime in dramatic terms.

The benefits would be fantastic.

No more ‘no go’ areas.
Less murder.
More conscientious behaviour to fellow man.
No more organized crime.
Greater respect for law and justice.
Happier citizens.

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

The situations for crim would go far beyond balck and white. Remember what Jesus said "Let he amongst you who have commited no sin, cast the first stone". Basically, every single one of us should be put to death under your rules. If a guy has to steal something because someone has kidnapped his wife and children and to keep them alive, he must steal, should he be put to death for commiting the crime? I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. Everybody may have been born in the same world and in the same way, but we are taught and raised different and what may be deemed sacred to one is abominable to another. We all see life through a different filter and what YOU may consider a crime others may see as a normal way of life. Anyone who has had anything other than missionary sex would be put to death,......this is a law, believe it or not. I really can't believe I even responded to this.

No more ‘no go’ areas. = No one left to go there after everyone is dead from even the smallest of accidental crimes or just ignorance of the law. not everyone is a lawyer you know.

Less murder. = more murder....of most people in the world...everyone runs a red light accidentally on occasion.

More conscientious behaviour to fellow man. = Really? This would be a free for all for anyone who hated anyone else, set them up, frame them for a crime and your fellow man is dead for no reason.

No more organized crime. = Real criminals fear no death and they infact, enforce death, so they would only exploit this situation to their advantage.

Greater respect for law and justice. = Everyone would fear law and justice.As the Jews were murdered for various crimes they didn't commit and were set up for death, I am sure there was no respect for authority...at least not the German authority. Incidently while in the camps they had 'no-go' areas.

Happier citizens. = I could hardly see this as a utopia. Everyone would be paranoid....including you.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OP this is literally the worst idea, and most poorly thought out post I've ever read on here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
by the very fact that you post that ignorant thread deems you, and most of society, blissfully unaware of what ACTUALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE. it isnt up to you, me, or the govt to convict anybody. karma will have its way. i say find an island and let them fend for themselves. remove them from society. ooh hoo hoo, weve advanced in society without crime, dont commit one and WELL KILL YA. hypocrite much? if were violent enough to kill somebody over a snickers bar at bp, then what makes you think we arent violent enough to not give a !&$%?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
what if somebody accidentally does a crime? just the other day i was in home depot. i selected some bolts, went about my business. i bought a chainsaw blade and went to the cashier. within this time i placed my screws in my pocket to examine the other merchandise. i paid for my blade, and walked out. i got about 3 steps out and realized what i had done. i promptly went in and paid my 3 dollars for my bolts. i didnt get caught but what youre tellin me is, i made a mistake, and if i should have got caught, i should be executed. logic much? i was well intentioned, just missed the ball for a second. doesnt mean im a criminal, just forgot. but i should have paid with my life for it right?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Earth is a school. That means its to learn and grow, and everyone here, especially the so called criminals, because alot of laws are crimes, so the law makers would be the criminals then, count very much.

The OP is a demonic post, someone who wants to live in hell. And his world would be a hellzone. There are worlds like that, lower frequency ones, and if a person keeps on wishing for that they may inherit that for some extra lessons if not careful.

Just start to help others and judge yourself the most. Always extend complete mercy and understanding for others, only be harsh on self.

Personally, if Higher Self was harsh and gave a person a dream where they lived a whole lifetime in another realm in one night, and it has happened, in a place like that, it would be really hard to endure, even if it was just a realistic dream.

Oh, that reminds me of earth. A dream school.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

Guess again, jack.

What happens when YOU get charged with a crime and you're innocent? You scream about how you didn't do it, but alas, a few innocents lost is a fair price to pay for a safe society, right?

But I guess you'd be exempt since you came up with the idea. Sounds familiar...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I just jaywalked...someone seen me

Well, might as well murder all whom has seen me jaywalk...death sentence either way...no sliding scale based on seriousness..
therefore, all crime, no matter how small, will be defended through murderous actions in order to not be caught.

what a stupid idea..is there some sort of elementary school break?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Absolutely! And don't forget "ignorance of the law is no excuse. "

And since there are WAY too many laws for everyone to know, there are bound to be people who break them unwittingly and then we get to kill them!

Your a wonderful death merchant for sure!

Jaywalking? DEATH!!!

U-turn? DEATH!!!

Not a complete stop at a stop sign? DEATH!!!!

Tag expired? DEATH!!!!

Laws make criminals. Our sick society creates criminals.

Being well adjusted to this diseased society is no measure of health.

Obeying laws JUST because they are laws is the height of ignorance. We need to do away with laws and fix society - not kill people for breaking them.

Non compliance of the system is the way to go. If every American said, "No! We refuse to obey your stupidity! " Then there would be NOTHING they could do. They don't have enough people to arrest the country and no place to put them.

Don't comply with their bull# and take back your power we've handed over to our corrupt government.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Contactee Alex Collier once said the off planet civilizations grade the evolution of a planets inhabitants by how they deal with social offenders. The very bottom of the rankings of civilizations are the ones who still use capital punishment. I believe you and people like you will keep us from first contact. Why don't we stop the wars and the killing and live in peace? Just a thought

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join