It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Spotted on Venus - Russian Scientist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If this image is authentic then we must look closely into the Mesopotamian ancient history and artefacts left behind over six thousands years ago by Assyrian.
See the image of Assyrian god and the top of the arc showing in your image.
Is there a connection?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There are 'camps' of folks who so much want life on other planets, and once LIFE is mentioned, imagination runs wild as to what 'type' of 'life' we are talking about, is it simply the possibility of inert mineral auto-genesis into a simple RNA molecule which would require as far as I know H and O and lots of the other RNA components to form a life that I could ask to paint my house, or build a lunar manufacturing infrastructure, or simply a goldilocks zone favorable for the production or replication of viruses, which do the viruses no good without a host source of cuisine to feed on.

We have no lack of speculative text like this in New Scientist that areas of the Venusian atmosphere resemble the temperatures and atmospheric pressures we enjoy on earth as likely 'homes' for life to genesis on Venus. We even have sources that contend parts of the surface of Venus could

Hydrogen sulfide powered bacteria, if they can actually make it at 400° C (720° F), might, with special conditioning, qualify for life on the "ocean floor" of the Venusian atmosphere.
Sourced by unaltered Magellan Spacecraft readings. Apparently the Russians are very interested in trying to find life on Venus, perhaps they are seeking technical wherewithal for their space program.

Well, that's all for now, if one wishes to explore the reference links in the articles I lend, by all means, find me the Venusians we can sit down with and exchange ideas over a beer, preferably, chilled.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

After working for 15 seconds, braking parachutes further reduced the descent speed of the lander to 50 meters per second. At the altitude of 62 kilometers above the surface, three main parachutes with the total area of 180 square meters had deployed. Four seconds later, the lower half of the protective sphere separated from the lander and fell off under its own weight, while the lander continued slow descent through the layers of clouds. Main parachutes were jettisoned at the altitude of 50 kilometers above the surface and the lander was then in a free fall, slowing down only with the help of a disk-shaped aerodynamic break. The descent velocity increased immediately after the release of parachutes, however started decreasing again, as the atmosphere around the lander was becoming more and more dense as the lander was approaching the surface.

Russian Space web.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lol people will go to such lengths to disprove stuff it's hilarious.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Lol people will go to such lengths to disprove stuff it's hilarious.

I would say that there is a flip side to this, that most people don't go far enough to prove something.

Interesting link from the op.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Fantastic article, would be great to hear something more from the Russian scientist..
Or from any scientist willing to comment.

Considering we believe Venus was once earth like with oceans, it might make sense that there could be tiny remnants of life left over, assuming life was there in the first place.
They say the Oceans on Venus boiled away, would this boiling be slow enough to allow some life to evolve with the change?
If there was enough variety of life to begin with maybe something managed to find a way to survive..

This is all assuming there was life when it was Earth like.

I wonder if this story will go anywhere..

Venus: Earths Twin Planet?

Early Venus had Oceans, May have been Habitable.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think its important to add that not all life forms have to be based off what we live on here on Earth. If there are other life forms out there, on Venus or some other planet could they be living off other types of elements? Elements that haven't been found yet? Another very interesting story, perhaps this astronomer can provide further evidence to substanciate his claims.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
bout all I want to say is there are Beings that are Humanoid like that don't need what we need to survive such as Oxygen and until that can be accepted ............................. why do you think the land on Earth hasn't been taken oven....they can't survive on the land because of OXYGEN however they can survive above and below.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

That has been thought of but carbon enables the most robust life form possible to grow into something large enough to become a stable apparatus to use tools, and evolve.

Carbon has the ability to form very long chains of interconnecting C-C bonds. This property is called catenation. Carbon-carbon bonds are strong, and stable. This property allows carbon to form an almost infinite number of compounds; in fact, there are more known carbon-containing compounds than all the compounds of the other chemical elements combined except those of hydrogen (because almost all organic compounds contain hydrogen too).
The simplest form of an organic molecule is the hydrocarbon

Carbon, the unique element.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

If you haven't noticed yet, water by molecular weight is mostly oxygen. 8>2.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Looking at this disc-ish' shape on the ground, something comes to mind... and that is that the descending craft w/parachute could have had a piece of parachute debris waft to the ground as seen in the picture. It then could of been repositioned by even a faint breeze depending on the weight of the fabric used, thus being blown to this new orientation. The 'scorpion' .... now thats a bit more of a stretch to me, though there is a deffinate shape to be accounted for.
V V V

"photo at the top of this article). According to Leonid Ksanfomaliti, on the surface of Venus are inhabited by many such creatures, but most of them left the landing area of ​​Soviet robotic probes, since they made a loud noise at planting, with the explosion cutter fired a parachute, which descending probe. The scientist says, that similar moving objects have been found in other photos taken on the surface of Venus, but while there is a further analysis of these photos,"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

As I linked above, the last of the parachutes where jettisoned 50 km above the surface. Most likely a titanium lens cap.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This is the object the author of the article calls a "scorpion" since quote "its structure resembles a large terrestrial spiders or insects."

Ksanfomaliti is making his claims based on the fact that objects appear and disappear over time as the probes took pictures of the Venusian surface.

In particular, the "Scorpion" appeared around the 90th minute from power on camera, but after 26 minutes he was gone, and in its place left a groove in the ground.

In these panoramas Ksanfomaliti discovered several objects that appear and disappear in a series of consecutive shots.

The objects range in size from 10cm to 50cm (about 4" to 20"). I am a little dubious calling these objects animals as they could be anything being blown around by the wind. Some inorganic material being blown around on the surface does not mean life.

One source: translate.google.com...

Click on the upper right of the browser then View: Translation to see it in English

Microbial life may be a different matter, as extremophiles could possibly exist there. In 2002 two planetary scientists said microbes could exist in the clouds of Venus. They based their speculation on the strange chemistry being observed there.

www.solstation.com...

In any case, we will know more when we (or other members of ATS) get our hands on the original article by Ksanfomaliti.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
how can people say no one can survive there when we only have 5/6 senses that pick up a LIMITED SPECTRUM OF FREQUENCY that we call reality? How can you be so sure what exists and what doesn't when we only see a limited reality?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is great news and some of us think its laughable, because of the temperatures. This Russian scientist could be very right about this , the reason I think he's right because it shows that life can flourish on volcanic grounds.

NG

Strange Life Clearly Seen Water heated as high as 760°F (404°C) by magma from Earth's interior billows from a seafloor chimney. The surrounding ocean is just a few degrees above freezing. When the two fluids meet, iron sulfide precipitates, giving the "black smoker" its color. In these dark depths, chemosynthesis—based on thermal and chemical energy from the vents—is the primary mechanism sustaining life.

Creatures living on violent undersea volcano give climate change survival clue

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Keep this in mind, And place this on another exotic world. Then probably Jupiter's moon Europa and Titan could also harbor small lifeforms

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

This Russian scientist could be very right about this , the reason I think he's right because it shows that life can flourish on volcanic grounds.

There is no doubt that life can exist in almost every nook and cranny (on Earth at least and probably elsewhere).

I just don't think his proof of scorpions on Venus based on just things moving around is very strong. Applying Occam's razor, wind blown material is the simplest answer.

At the surface of Venus, the winds are strong enough to "kick up dust and push around small rocks".

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Average temperature is well above 1500 Fahrenheit. Whatever would live there cant be carbon based. Atmosphere is primarily Co2. Our hypothetical scorpion would have to resist high temperatures and breathe the way trees breathe.

Many animals, like bees, frogs, and yes - some scorpions, do have breathing mechanisms similar to trees. That is, they breathe through their skin.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder how difficult it would be to send a probe to skim through the atmosphere and return some samples similar to the probe that returned samples from a comet? If germs are blowing to Earth from Venus it would be good to sample and study all the different germs that might live there so we can design treatments. (Of course it goes without saying that finding life in the atmosphere of Venus would be interesting. Maybe Earth's life came from Venus originally.)
edit on 21-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hello. I didn't read all the thread, but I've been coming to this site for long enough to imagine all the replies and rebuttles to the replies, and I'm sure it's an interesting thread. But I've already come to my own conclusions on this issue YEARS ago and no one is going to convince me one way or the other off of what I think/believe here. I can sum it up in one sentence...........

"John Lear Proven Right Yet Again."

He's been telling us about this for YEARS. That the russian scientists that worked on the Venera Missions (sp?) saw FAR more than the publically released images. And by the way, all the images posted on page 1 of this thread at least are all old publically released images. According to John Lear there are FAR more images. ANd years ago, John specifically mentioned a "scorpion" "disk" (which at the time I thought he meant disk as in a UFO), and he also said in certain images there was a city and "dome" on the horizon.

I want to see the REST of the Venus images from Russia. Not the ones that show nothing interesting really, i.e. the images on page 1. I want to see the secret ones that are being kept from the public, because I guarantee those cameras weren't "melted". Because that 900-1500 degree, 90 bars of pressure, sulfuric acid atmosphere version of Venus is complete non-sense sci-fi sillyness to keep us (the people) uninterested for who knows what reason. Maybe there are people there who don't WANT anything to do with us, and who can blame them. I believe the Valiant Thor story, and I think they were deciding if they liked us, and by the end of their trip, they decided they didn't (and who can blame them?) and told our leaders to keep their civilisation on Venus a secret for now. Probably to send more ambassadors in 50-100 years from then to reevaluate.

But the fact is, what NASA/JPL tell us Venus is, is 100% non-sense. ANd the Russian missions prove it. Because those missions landed on Venus the way the Viking laner landed on Mars: with a parachute. A parachute wont even work in a couple inches of water, it collapses (learned in 5th grade science people), and that's only slightly over Earth air pressure. So how would one work on 90 times pressure? It's impossible.

And also, what parachute material existed in the late 70's that even if it somehow WOULD work in 90 bars of atmosphere by some miracle, would survive a slow decent through a 900-1500 degree atmosphere that could melt a camera? Can someone PLEASE tell me what parachute material from the era could do that?

We're being lied to about Venus just like we are about our own moon and Mars, and probably other places as well.
What is it about the TRUE history of humans in this solar system that's SO scary that TPTB feel they need to keep it hidden from us? Apparently at almost any cost.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
But I've already come to my own conclusions on this issue YEARS ago and no one is going to convince me one way or the other off of what I think/believe here.

So you came to a thread with Venus in the title, clicked it, didn't bother to read it, then spouted off your opinion (and in the process shouted over others), without any regard to those who have had the courtesy to read, think, then post their thought's on the matter.

Feel better now? K, thanks.

People, now that high and mighty has finished, I think we are safe to start discussing again.

edit on 21-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join