It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you will not resist when the government comes for you or your guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well OP good luck to you when you surrender the will to power.
When you write things like this you are creating the pathway to your own future decisions. While I remain capable of making my own decisions - surrender is not an option.

I know that we all harbor some irrational fears from time to time and the future can seem dismal, especially in these days of excessive media hype machines. But this is no time to go about living your life, trembling, waiting for para-military corporate mercenaries* to come knocking at your door.

*Notice: I didn't say "authorities".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

All of the constitution should be preserved and defended. We do what we can. For 1 and 4 it will be necessary to vote for people who will support that. The 2nd is different in that in order to violate it they would and come and see us individually. 1 and 4 are just as important, but the strategy to defend them is different because the rights are different.

One thing thinking people can do is not wait until they come for you. Get mad when they start violating the right of whatever minority group they choose to pick on first. Make no mistake, eventually they will get to each one of us in some way. Don't wait to vote in people who will bring back the constitution.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Where is the plan???

More important to know his past, what has he done, what does he think, who is he. Candidates will say anything to get elected. BO was an exception in that he told us what he was going to do to us and then was elected anyway. 

Ron Paul is a small govt guy. That is really the choice, you want them all in your business, or you want to minimize govt. Close big agencies. Kennedy was killed because he was going to disband the CIA. It would be foolish for RP to telegraph something like that. RP has discussed things like auditing the FED. Maybe a foolish thing to speak about until just walking in there. 

Probably no one can save us. You only have one vote. Vote for the one who is alike in thinking to yourself. Search his history. Pay no attention to what they say to get elected.

More important to know his past, what has he done

I know his past...which is a big reason why I don't support him. 

And I know what he has done...absolutely nothing...I even made a thread on it. 

www.abovetopsecret.com... 
Ron Paul is a small govt guy. That is really the choice, you want them all in your business, or you want to minimize govt. Close big agencies.

I'm not a small govt. guy...I don't believe that Corporations will regulate themselves...Ron Paul does. 

I don't believe the "free market" will regulate environmental issues...Ron Paul does...hence him wanting to get rid of the EPA. 

People say he is against Corporations...and yet he would give them everything they want...no or low taxes and zero regulations. 

I don't suppor that...I never will.

On another thread there was this exchange. Your neighbors, some of them, actually think big govt is a great idea. As the number of people living off govt jobs exceeds 50% of the voters, it will be impossible to ever go back.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I understand your theory on hesitation, but you also have to account for those who believe they have nothing to lose.

A dog who is backed into a corner, will bite.

If enough people believe they have already lost it all...well it becomes all or nothing. Those that feel that non compliance is their last stand and are armed, aren't going down without a bloody fight.

...Oooo, thisguyrighthere is going to have so much fun with this thread...
edit on 31-12-2011 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ballots or bullets.

We elect the people every few years, we can elect others.

Unless you think the voting system is useless in the USA, there is nothing to fear.

Next election, elect the reps that will allow guns again.

In the US, we don't give up so easy. The Scots that came to the US in the early 18th century
were the driving force for independence and human rights. We're still here.
edit on 12/31/2011 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well I guess it is my hope that we will resist before it comes down to that ...

Not sure how well that's working out

At any rate, I'm doing my best to perform my duty as a citizen to prevent such an extreme outcome from coming to pass ... as best as I know how anyway.

There is good left in this world and its worth fighting for - aside from that one simple truth, I would have no qualms leaving this world, even if by force. As it is, there is absolutely a duty on our end to fight for the freedom and preservation of the next generation. *sigh* Heavy topic ...
edit on 31-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Ballots or bullets.

The Scots that came to the US in the early 18th century were the driving force for independence and human rights

huh?....not saying they are not.,....just never heard of a specific moment that shaped policy or common sentiment spearheaded by the Scottish American....maybe they did....can you drop a little knowledge as to how or where.?
Honestly not being rude...I just never heard of this I´ll Google since I am interested....but do you know some good examples....?

edit on 31-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Resistance is futile. You can kill a few cops who are just doing their jobs, but more will come, and with bigger guns, so what would be the point of resisting? The people who they send are not the culprits, fighting them will get you nowhere, and by killing them you are hurting their families and friends. Don't fight fire with fire.

eta: Obama isn't going to show up at your door himself demanding you to turn over your guns.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

They have to actually come inside for any harm to come to them.

If they follow the law no one gets hurt.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by randomname

Come and get me.

Defense is way easier than offense.

My 3 friends Speed , Surprise and Violence of action say you're wrong. Your heart's in the right place , but your tactics are wrong. All things being equal ,action trumps reaction 99% of the time. You'll be stuck in the OODA loop and well ventilated before you knew what happened.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Vitchilo

And this is why I choose not to have guns and have alternatives. They would never be able to even GUESS all the alternative weaponry stuff I have so they may get part of it but there is stuff I am not even going to mention, they'd actually have to search my home with a warrant to even have a clue what types of things I have (some things from the middle ages).

Let us know how that goes, you with a ball and chain vs. 10 soldiers armed with machine guns. :-P Only works in the movies...
edit on 12/31/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Defense is way easier than offense.

Your heart's in the right place , but your tactics are wrong.

Okinawa
edit on 31-12-2011 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hope no one ever comes to try and take my legally owned guns, because it would end up being the last thing they ever did, and the last thing I ever did...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

why do you feel the need to have the power to take life???

why do you want to kill?

where in his thread does he say he needs to have the power to take life? where does it say he wants to kill?
can I ask you a question about something that I know nothing about that you have not written: why are you such a pacifist?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Resistance is futile. You can kill a few cops who are just doing their jobs, but more will come, and with bigger guns, so what would be the point of resisting? The people who they send are not the culprits, fighting them will get you nowhere, and by killing them you are hurting their families and friends. Don't fight fire with fire.

eta: Obama isn't going to show up at your door himself demanding you to turn over your guns.
edit on 31-12-2011 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

As per your theory, why try to vote out any elected officials if we can't get them all, or if more are around the corner. Why would someone do such a thing...cause they have hope. Just cause you are surrounded by 15 guys does not mean you just drop to your knees. You continue as long as you can. You try try try again. eventually some one will give up. Don't let hope die

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
So wheres the part where you tell me why I wont resist? And did I miss something, what makes you think they will try to make a run at our arms against the second amendment anyway? When have the US government said they are doing this?

wow, you really don't get the bigger picture of this thread do you? do you listen to the news either?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
No one wants to kill anyone here.

What we are discussing is the government deciding to violate the constitution and come inside our homes, unlawfully, and attempt to take away our property.

This is not complicated.

Posters who think shooting back is a bad idea, what would you suggest instead?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

We're entering into a new age of warfare and the government is building a what-if defense. They can have internment camps without ever needing to use them. It's not a pleasant thought, but they're for us in the event of a national emergency. Actually, viral attacks against America, if deadly, could limit transportation and internment for treatment and to prevent spreading. It looks like we have that kind of war coming to us and it would be foolish for the gov't to not be prepared.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I love where I live,,,
I am 450 road miles from the nearest metro area,
farmers, ranchers,
the folks from 75 miles around consider us "their people"
we will fight for each other no matter what
we are all waiting for the moment
we are all good Americans
Mother
foooo
bring it. We are ready
We take shyte from no one

mess with one of us...mess with all
edit on 31-12-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

That is why you prepare way ahead of time. Have the crap guns that you have ready so they can take those and hid the good ones you will need to hunt and survive. Better yet be aware and not even home when they knock on the door.
But wait, the best way to insure this does not happen is to not Let the situation get this far to begin with. An oz of prevention is worth a hundred pounds of cure.
TAKING THE TIME TO RUN FOR OFFICE AND ORGANIZE OR WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STOP THE NWO RIGHT NOW WILL TAKE FAR LESS EFFORT THAN TO FIGHT THE FULL FORCE OF A MOBILIZED NWO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OR MUCH WORSE SIT IN A CAMP WITH YOUR FAMILY AND DIE!!!
We can, right now fight this tyranny, publicly AND PEACEFULLY. There are many patriots in the wings waiting for the time to stand up and resist peacefully. Run for an office, get to know your sheriff confront the corrupt system. The NWO has been exposed and people are mad about the NWO agenda, exploit this fact just as they have. There are a lot of decent honorable people waiting for honest and genuine patriots to lead the charge, be one of those leading the charge. I have conservative political friends and I tell them my man is Ron Paul. They snicker but they are hopeful and just do not have the courage to support him publicly. They hide it by saying he can't win but that is being disproved right now. Don't wait for the thugs to come knocking on your door go to theirs right now while you can!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join