It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover police cleared 'to have sex with activists'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Okay, now the story here is focused on British Police and specifically speaks of units working around London, but this ought to be an eye opener all over, I suppose. I've always known cops used deception and lying was a part of the job. It's also been an endless source of amusement to cops I've known over the years when people say they must say yes if someone asks them if they're actually a cop.
However.... This isn't all that funny here:

Undercover police officers routinely adopted a tactic of "promiscuity" with the blessing of senior commanders, according to a former agent who worked in a secretive unit of the Metropolitan police for four years.

The former undercover policeman claims that sexual relationships with activists were sanctioned for both men and women officers infiltrating anarchist, leftwing and environmental groups.

That got my attention, but this next part was a real showstopper in the attitudes they have about this:

The one stipulation, according to the officer from the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS), a secret unit formed to prevent violent disorder on the streets of London, was that falling in love was considered highly unprofessional because it might compromise an investigation.

He said undercover officers, particularly those infiltrating environmental and leftwing groups, viewed having sex with a large number of partners "as part of the job".

So basically, they've been all but openly encouraged to sleep with anything on two legs which may help bust protesters and activitsts, but don't ever develop feelings for the vict....err...suspects, since you may be busting them in the not too distant future. Oh, that is something else.

"The best way of stopping any liaison getting too heavy was to shag somebody else. It's amazing how women don't like you going to bed with someone else," said the officer, whose undercover deployment infiltrating anti-racist groups lasted from 1993 to 1997. Two years later the SDS became the National Public Order Intelligence Unit, the secretive organisation that employed Kennedy and whose activities are the subject of three investigations.
Original News Article and Source

The attitude on display here is what I am most deeply offended by. There is Undercover work and then there is pure emotional cruelty. It suggests a cultural reality about police work there that is accepted and considered to be expected among the cops. That doesn't come and go quickly as an institutional thing and I'd bet it's still the attitude about infiltrating movements today.

NOTE: The dateline for this story originally ran in Jan 2011. I rather doubt much has changed and when searching the headline text or key parts, I found nothing in ATS search. This seemed worth posting, despite the date. I suppose having a male or female seemingly fall in love with you at a protest or Occupy camp doesn't mean they aren't a cop...it might actually indicate the opposite. How vile!

What say ATS about these despicable tactics?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Makes me wanna go and protest, really. How is this bad?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
dp

edit on 30-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That anyone who is surprised by them must be very naïve indeed. And that anyone who disapproves of them is being rather silly.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Cops are basically organised crime with better funding and government sanction.
The ends justify the means so long as the ones paying for it aren't offended.

Instead of seeing anyone who's not one of them as a 'mark' for the swindling they see everyone else as a possible enemy.

Modern law enforcement in virtually every country, despite being very, very nessecary, is heavily flawed and needs some serious reform.
But the police sure as hell aren't going to do it.

Who do you go to for immediate help if the police are attacking you? (immediate being the operative word here)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think it is state sponsored rape. It would leave an activist feeling deceived and violated. Rape by deception, if you will.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
FINALLY! A use for my criminal justice degree! And to think I forgot about it to pursue a more lucrative career!

In all honesty I find this a bit creepy. Good spot OP. There are a ton of legal problems I could see stemming from this in the States, I don't have a very good grasp on law in other countries. Also, yuck. Not until my full body condom has completed clinical trials.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I think it is state sponsored rape. It would leave an activist feeling deceived and violated. Rape by deception, if you will.

Yup, i agree... surely the police need to maintain some kind of standards....
Your best bet is to be a good little sheep and hope your never in a situation where either the police or criminals can exploit you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
where do i sign up

edit on 30-12-2011 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Agreed and thank you. I'm kinda surprised anyone would see it otherwise. In reading about this I wasn't "turned on" at the idea of being a cop or something, as perhaps others may think of. I also see it as a type of rape and I was horrified.

I'd imagine the cops have little trouble staying unemotional. After all, they know how it all ends while setting everyone else up to fall. It seems like emotional rape of the worst possible kind for the "left wing protesters" it's done to though. How many would have had deep emotional connections start to form? Just terrible.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hmm promiscuous cops eh? well... if she is good looking im willing to take that risk. hand cuffs and all. every body loves a kicky chick.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I see you are one of those people whose definition of rape is elastic enough to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Rape is forced sexual intercourse. Which would be unlikely to yield anything much in the way of intelligence.

What we are talking about here is consensual sex. Deception is a part of every sexual relationship.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

That anyone who is surprised by them must be very naïve indeed. And that anyone who disapproves of them is being rather silly.

I'm not really surprised it happens from time to time. The proven criminal cases about Police abuse in departments like New York and Los Angeles were epic in a few notable examples. What leaves me somewhat stunned was the apparent acceptance and total carefree attitude about it.

I thought stunts like this were cruel beyond measure when I saw it being done in school and later in Job Corps. Heck, people were all kids then though..and kids are little twits at times. Cops though?

If NO limits exist, even as the starting point to enforce...then exactly what makes THEM cops and the OTHERS criminals? The line doesn't seem to be recognizable these days....

edit on 30-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I say, at least someone can admit it and make people think about who they are going to start screwing around with. that's a really creepy thought.... getting screwed by a cop who has a secret and it's probably to cause all sorts of trouble for you... but he's banging you.

what douches... and where he has more than one incentive since it's a job perk, no pun intended.... the one getting screwed is probably putting some kind of personal hope in a lie.... and what's worse, if he is exhibiting criminal behaviour as an undercover. SHE is probably inclined to go along with it a little more if he is acting like it is what he wants....and peer pressure IS a factor even if sometimes it's not really a factor.

not only is someone getting screwed, but it could actually encourage MORE crime by association, rather than prevent it.

I can't call it shocking, but I can certainly call it incredibly stupid... but they just want to shove more into the system. We all know they bilk the prisoner budget on their own behalf!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
dp

Are the undercovers down with that?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
dp

Are the undercovers down with that?

Of course, DP, atm's, bdsm.
Down with anything everything.
I'm not to worried about this though.

Cops can have sex with anyone they want
and it is not rape if the other person
is going along and willing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is simply a carryover of modus operandi from the intelligence community.
Women operatives ala Mata Hari have long been used to infiltrate organizations.

Remember Monica Lewinsky ?

She was MOSSAD tasked with the blackmail of Clinton and more importantly to disrupt the Peace talks Bill Clinton was backing between Yassar Arafat & Israel by orchestrating the entire sex scandal leading to Clinton's impeachment.

from whatreallyhappened site....mossadbug....
Wont post the link due to new censorship measures implemented here ...

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

This is simply a carryover of modus operandi from the intelligence community.
Women operatives ala Mata Hari have long been used to infiltrate organizations.

Remember Monica Lewinsky ?

She was MOSSAD tasked with the blackmail of Clinton and more importantly to disrupt the Peace talks Bill Clinton was backing between Yassar Arafat & Israel by orchestrating the entire sex scandal leading to Clinton's impeachment.

from whatreallyhappened site....mossadbug....
Wont post the link due to new censorship measures implemented here ...

Peace

hmmm.... is there a thread about that. I agree the sex scandal was bull# but only had mere speculation to go on to figure out why exactly.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by hadriana

I see you are one of those people whose definition of rape is elastic enough to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Rape is forced sexual intercourse. Which would be unlikely to yield anything much in the way of intelligence.

What we are talking about here is consensual sex. Deception is a part of every sexual relationship.

I wont pretend to know anything about your relationships, but if every single one of them has been riddled with deception, I feel pretty sorry for you. Apparently, "what goes around comes around." However, please do remind me to stay far away from you, and anybody else who views deception so casually. I'd hate to be the person you're befriending for whatever malicious intent you might have.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I disagree that deception is always part of sex-that seems to me like how losers might have to get sex. Love how they assume all activists are 'loose' too. I think if you can be guilty of theft by receiving you could be guilty of rape by deception. I bet some of these PEOPLE would rather loose an eye than have sex with a cop.

<<   2  3 >>

join