It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the stories of 911 "jumpers" true?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They are jumping because they can not breathe, imagine everything being black with smoke so thick you can not see anything and you are up the top of these buildings, you have 2 options:

Try to find your way down the building through the black smoke and face almost certain death as you are already low on oxygen OR find your way to the nearest window and break it/open it.

I believe most people in this scenario would go for the window option dispite being previously told to keep them closed, they then would have stuck their head out to try to suck in some air only to find they cant because the combination of smoke billowing out with air rushing feeding the fire is hindering them. I believe most would have just jumped simply for the ability to breathe again, not really of their own will but more their bodies will to surive overriding their inhibitions.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
I do not know where all these videos are surfacing from...When I watched the coverage that day, all I saw was one person jump from the buildings...

That is because cameras turned away from the jumpers. It was even announced on TV that they would not show the people jumping from the buildings, but they did report it. However there was plenty of independent photographs from people on the scene that day. There are countless reports from people who were there that day.

Sorry but the jumpers are very real.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Was this photo supposed to be an official photo taken on 911?Pretty gruesome to say the least but I do see what your saying there is snow on the ground,and one of them holding the plastic is wearing mittons.I've only see people wearing mittons in very cold weather.I can't believe they would have presented this photo as a real 911 victim.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by septic

Are the stories of 911 "jumpers" true?,

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!!!

edit on 26-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by septic

One of the ways propagandists control you is through the use of fear.

You sure? Control and fear do not go hand in hand. People do not act rationally or predictably when confronted with fear. Look at the propoganda of the nazis. Most of it was centered not around fear but around hatred and envy.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There is also a precedence of people jumping from buildings that are on fire. In other words... it has happened before.

Case in point, the MGM Grand Hotel fire in Las Vegas back in 1980. It was a 26 floor building, ladders from fire trucks at the time were only able to reach the 9th floor. Some people made it to the roof and were rescued by helicopter. Many people broke out windows in an attempt to get air, but this backfired and actually let more smoke pour into the rooms. Some people choose to jump from the higher floors.

I have no idea what I would do in such a situation, but I can only imagine how tough it must be being trapped in a burning building, smoke pouring in and you are unable to breathe, and at some point jumping 10-20-30-40 stories seems like the best option.

Anyway, it has happened before. It will happen again. However it is silly to deny all the eyewitness accounts and say the jumpers are faked.

edit on 26-12-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by septic

If you read the OP, I make the point the jumpers can be considered part of the fear propaganda, and that my first reaction was to hold them in a kind of reverence, much as you are.

Why is it so important to believe hundreds of people jumped, and if the story was true, why would any single image be proved fraudulent?

edit on 26-12-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by jeichelberg

I saw many. It's all a matter of perspective.

When someone says to something witnessed by over a hundred thousand people that it was fake, I question that person's mental state. It's just on principals. Nothing personal.

Your response is to question a person's mental state? Nothing personal? You're right, on ATS such responses are considered "on topic" when discussing subjects off the beaten path of acceptance.

I don't believe you, and I question the mental state of someone who would fabricate such a thing. So there.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by septic

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by septic

If you read the OP, I make the point the jumpers can be considered part of the fear propaganda, and that my first reaction was to hold them in a kind of reverence, much as you are.

Why is it so important to believe hundreds of people jumped, and if the story was true, why would any single image be proved fraudulent?

edit on 26-12-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

Text and if the story was true

Text and if the story was true

Enjoy the holidays...Good night.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have every newspaper published on 9-12 through 9-15-01.My Time Magazine has a full spread on all the pictures of these jumpers. Yes, they were real!

And if I were in the building suffering from the heat rising, I too would have jumped. I would rather free fall into oblivion and keep my eyes closed than burn alive!

Also, if you were able to watch it live, it showed people jumping!!!! I was in disbelief as it happened live, later on the news they didn't show it but LIVE TV is different. If you subscribe to Science channel, or History channel, every year they show the videos...

You must be young to ask this question with all honesty, and that's ok. Just know, yes these people were real. Bless their souls.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by septic

One of the ways propagandists control you is through the use of fear.

You sure? Control and fear do not go hand in hand. People do not act rationally or predictably when confronted with fear. Look at the propoganda of the nazis. Most of it was centered not around fear but around hatred and envy.

The Nazis were copying American propaganda techniques.

“Hitler learned to admire American propaganda through a young American expatriate who described to him, in glowing detail, how Americans enjoyed the atmosphere at football games. This American expatriate, with the memorable name of Ernst "Putzi" Hanfstängl, told the Führer how Americans could be whipped up into a frenzy through blaring music, group cheers, and chants against the enemy.”

www.purewatergazette.net...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I have every newspaper published on 9-12 through 9-15-01.My Time Magazine has a full spread on all the pictures of these jumpers. Yes, they were real!

And if I were in the building suffering from the heat rising, I too would have jumped. I would rather free fall into oblivion and keep my eyes closed than burn alive!

Can you provide any of those images that are real? If you believe the story simply because you believe the pictures, let's look at the pictures, because honestly I have tried to put myself in their shoes, and I think I'd brave flames rather than certain death.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
*** REMINDER ***

BE CIVIL and no NAME CALLING.

Posting Bans await.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
While the video in the OP does expose media fakery to illustrate their story - people DID in fact jump. How many I don't know; but, I spent the day of 911 and night of 911 and half of 9/12 online counseling a 12 year old who witnessed jumpers. He felt his parents had jumped. (Both of his parents worked there in janitorial services.)

At one point he said he saw a couple of people jump; at another point he said he saw several people jump. As a child, the terms couple, few and several were hard for me ... and I presume the same for this boy. So, at LEAST two people DID jump ... and that I can say for sure.
edit on 26/12/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
While the video in the OP does expose media fakery to illustrate their story - people DID in fact jump. How many I don't know; but, I spent the day of 911 and night of 911 and half of 9/12 online counseling a 12 year old who witnessed jumpers. He felt his parents had jumped. (Both of his parents worked there in janitorial services.)

At one point he said he saw a couple of people jump; at another point he said he saw several people jump. As a child, the terms couple, few and several were hard for me ... and I presume the same for this boy. So, at LEAST two people DID jump ... and that I can say for sure.
edit on 26/12/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

The TV was traumatizing enough, but the fact remains that for an unplanned event with thousands of witnesses there are a paltry few photographs to support the jumper story, and what few there are appear to be fraudulent. There is no rational excuse for any single one to be fraudulent.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You (OP) and some others make the mistake to assume we are dealing with a rational decision "whether to jump or not".

Again: ABSURD!

It's not a rational decision by a long shot - people are simply holding on to those ledges outside...literally up to the point where their hands/arms are SMOKING and on fire. (There are some pictures indicating some "jumpers" were very badly charred, basically down to the bones!)

In other words: They held to the window ledges...until it was physically impossible continuing to do so..because their bodies sometimes literally burnt while they were still holding.

Now don't bring that incredible stupid argument about "rational decisions" and whatnot..alone the term "JUMPING" is absurd in such a situation. In fact, they could have tried to hold on to the ledges as long as humanly even possible even with their arms/hands already burning to a lump of coal.

Does someone need to get even more graphic to describe how it would possible that people fall ("jump") in such a situation?
edit on 26-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by septic

Originally posted by Starwise

Can you provide any of those images that are real? If you believe the story simply because you believe the pictures, let's look at the pictures, because honestly I have tried to put myself in their shoes, and I think I'd brave flames rather than certain death.

I have my Time Magazine which has the spread, google it. I do not have a scanner to scan it, and they are packed away nice and safe. As far as some of the jumpers, I watched it LIVE on TV. You can google falling man on 9-11 images and he was real, he looked like he was falling in the shape of the Tarot Card The Hang Man, HIM I will never forget.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
You (OP) and some others make the mistake to assume we are dealing with a rational decision "whether to jump or not".

Again: ABSURD!

It's not a rational decision by a long shot - people are simply holding on to those ledges outside...literally up to the point where their hands/arms are SMOKING and on fire. (There are some pictures indicating some "jumpers" were very badly charred, basically down to the bones!)

We're talking about the WTC. To my knowledge there are no such images of bodies charred to the bones, and every image I've seen of the alleged jumpers was a fraud. That's not saying I've seen them all though, so if you have any genuine proof, this would be the forum.

Again the point remains, NO images should be fraudulent had the event actually occurred, and any single fraud should shed doubt on the whole jumper story.

I marvel at how strongly people like to hold onto their horror stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join