It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should/Why do gays celebrate christmas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So, I was browsing yahoo answers when I saw this question:

Why do gays celebrate christmas?
You know God and Jesus aren't too fond of you, to put it mildly, so why do you acknowledge the day? Straight people wouldn't celebrate a gay day, why don't you have Buttmas in January or February?

When I saw this question It was a little like this:

SO

HERE ARE MY TOP THREE REASONS WHY GAYS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS

1. We are religous!
What? A religous gay? Yes, its true, we are not actually demons who burn on the very mention of the catholic chruch, in fact, I currently have a energy drink by me because I just went to midnight mass. Yes. I go to midnight mass. On easter and christmas. I also attend stations of the cross. and regular mass every sunday. And most days of obligation. Yet, according to a lot of christians, gays like... I dont know, burn or something on entry to a church??

DID YOU KNOW: The catholic church DOES NOT ENDORSE hating on gay people? They condone homosexuality but have pope john paul II said "The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships, but teaches that homosexual persons deserve respect, justice and pastoral care."

2. God doesn't hate gays!
If god hated gays, would he have put genes in the body that change brainshape that has been directly related to sexuality? Would he have made it that gay men produce phermones that are significantly more attractive to gay men? Would he have made almost every animal (Including us) Have some instances of homosexuality? Would he?

3. Christmas is no longer a catholic exclusive holiday!
Yes, its true, christmas DOES celebrate Jesus's birth (Even though Jesus was born in late spring early summer, because mary and joseph were heading to the roman census, which was held in early summer and the only reason it is on Dec. 25 is that they wanted to convert more pagans.) BUT christmas has become an AMERICAN holiday. It is a time for americans to gather with their familys, share gifts, eat, and be social!

So...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, GAY, STRAIGHT, BLACK, WHITE, OR ALIEN.
*Note: I may be adding more reasons as I think of them.
**Notenote: Move to rants if you want
edit on 25-12-2011 by darkredfish because: Edits

edit on 25-12-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Star, flag and bump.

The OP title does generalize somewhat though. Not all Christians are homophobic.
ETA: I see that you changed the title.... Before I posted! Cool beans.
But good points that you make! Merry Christmas (To all)!
edit on 25-12-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
People lack choice in life these days
So the feel the need to poke their nose into other peoples lives and try to tell them how to live.

And buddy who asked the question had no right to talk as if he knew who jesus was and who jesus didn't like =P.

Christmas is for anyone who wants to celebrate and be with their families. Regardless of sexuality/color/etc/

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Star, flag and bump.

The OP title does generalize somewhat though. Not all Christians are homophobic.

Stop with the homophobic junk, homophobia is the irrational fear of gays. Nobody is afraid of them they just think two dudes/women tagging each other is gross.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Obviously that poster on Yahoo! Doesn't know that Buttmas is in April...
Duh.

Great topic and merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If gay people want to follow the invisible ghost in the sky, why should anyone care? It's not like they're alone in the insanity of it all! Besides they bring a festive air to the proceedings with amazing ensembles.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Star, flag and bump.

Stop with the homophobic junk, homophobia is the irrational fear of gays. Nobody is afraid of them they just think two dudes/women tagging each other is gross.
Quite right.

I continue to use it because,from what I can tell, that is the term used by straights, gays and bi's for the dislike or hate of gays. It is used in the wrong sense and I would rather use another word.... But I'm not sure what word to use.

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yahoo questions & Answers never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how some of these people have enough brain power to blink & keep breathing.

A couple of my favorites...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Christmas is also an Australian holiday.

I'm pretty sure it's celebrated in England, too.
Probably in South Africa and France as well.

This isn't all about America, and here's why.

Santa was originally an Alien, so it is actually a Martian Holiday, celebrating the day Santa finished High-School and went on to become a successful History Teacher.

The only reason people keep claiming it to be an American Holiday is because they're totally into old fat men, and cookies left as bribes.

Or something like that.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Star, flag and bump.

Quite right.

I continue to use it because,from what I can tell, that is the term used by straights, gays and bi's for the dislike or hate of gays. It is used in the wrong sense and I would rather use another word.... But I'm not sure what word to use.

Any ideas?

I dont think there is a word for the hate of gays, so I guess homophobia is the best we got. I mean, it IS irrational enough...
Lets make a new word!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Star, flag and bump.

And likewise, not everyone who is against homosexual sex is terrified of gays.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Yahoo questions & Answers never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how some of these people have enough brain power to blink & keep breathing.

A couple of my favorites...

My personal favourite:

edit on 25-12-2011 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

How about this.....

Homo-misanthropic?

Too long and hard to spell for some, I guess.

edit on 25-12-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I dont think there is a word for the hate of gays, so I guess homophobia is the best we got. I mean, it IS irrational enough...
Lets make a new word!

Perhaps Homosexualist will do the trick?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Why dont we just say sexualist to discribe somebody who is against any other sexuality besides heterosexuality?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Honestly to me and most other people, Christmas has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion for the matter. It is simple a time to be with your loved ones, and have fun, be glad that your together and enjoy it.

On paper im a Christian, but I dont go to church, and I dont consider myself a Christian nor an atheist, I believe something none of us understands yet is out there, but what? I dont know, and I dont think any of us do. In my opinion all the religions have got it wrong, and yet all the religions have a good message, be kind to your fellow man, and be good to others. Thats the bottomline of every religion. And that bottomline is the way I celebrate christmas, and I think many feels the same way.

So yes, gay people should celebrate christmas if they want to. They should be with their loved ones and have some fun. Cause thats what it is really all about. Loving each other and being together through thick and thin. And if Jesus and God is up there somewhere looking down, I am sure they will feel the same way.

Humanity have moved beyond scare tacticts like hell and eternal judgement. It is not needed anymore, so why keep holding on to something, we all know deep down really is not true?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Agreed. I think Christmas has long been split from the religion stuff, there's a reason more and more people don't even use the word Christmas but rather say "Happy Holidays" or use other words.
I'm basically homosexual, in a relationship with my girl and while i don't see much in 'christmas' i celebrated it every year with my family and it's always a very nice time. Don't know why i shouldn't be allowed to have a good time just because i don't get #ed by guys

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Exactly, there is no reason to mix Christmas and religion anymore, christianity took it from some old pagan ritual, and humanity has now taken it from christianity, which in years will be a pagan ritual aswell.

Some christians out there might not like it, but thats a minority, cause most christians, most people in general see christmas as nothing more but a holiday, where you spend time together with your family.

On an off note, I need a lesbian friend as a wingman..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Exactly, there is no reason to mix Christmas and religion anymore, christianity took it from some old pagan ritual, and humanity has now taken it from christianity, which in years will be a pagan ritual aswell.

Some christians out there might not like it, but thats a minority, cause most christians, most people in general see christmas as nothing more but a holiday, where you spend time together with your family.

On an off note, I need a lesbian friend as a wingman..

I disagree, christmas needs to remain a religous holiday.
HOWEVER, I do not think it should be EXCLUSIVELY christian.. I think that there should be two holiday cultures coexisting at the same time, the religous one, and the non-religous one.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Star, flag and bump.

Quite right.

Any ideas?

Not sure, I don't hate gay people so it's not usually on my mind lol.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join