It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots: Metropolitan Police raid 100 homes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
What the # is up with you people? These people were not demonstrators or great political protestors. They were criminals. Simple as!

I say congratulations to the police for smashing their doors down and taking back the possessions which they gained through criminal acts.

Day by day I wonder why I visit this site. Infested with lunatics.
the problem is some of the police smashing doors in are worse crooks than the rioters.i know this as fact from personal experience-thieving swines stole a grand from my house during a drug raid,just vanished into thin air.the corruption of them was then covered up by their inspector who then sent 10 bobbies to search my house again for the missing money.they were searching for 12 hours and then added every other penny in the house together and said this was my thousand pounds.they then swiftly removed the money as evidence.i had to get a solicitor to get my money back and of course the missing grand was never found,swept under the carpet.just because you are a cop doesn't mean you are trustworthy!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
when goverments overthrow other elected governments,steel,kill,lie and many other things of the like,and we are going to sit here and argue if they are doing rite or wrong for getting looters into "justice" wile they go unpinished for worse crimes?what is wrong with our thinking? if you breed pitbulls,what are you expecting to get?chiwuawuas? wow i just had a flash thought,lol,who do you want to be let loose?jesus? or barrabas?now look carefully! it could be decieving.
edit on 21-12-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I was referring to the American Police State but oh well...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sadly we are years ahead of America with regards to the police state, most CCTV covered country in the world I believe, no guns, terror laws being wrongly applied to increase detention times without charge etc etc

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You can also bet that the copper who shot Mark Dugan ends up with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, even though it should be murder. As another poster has also stated I've been on the receiving end of the Met's idea of justice and if it wasnt for the fact it was so seriously biased it would make you laugh. In the end a good barrister and the prosecutor realised that plod were just trying to be vindictive

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't feel sorry for anything that happens to England. Not one thing. This may sound harsh, but you guys lay down and take everything the government throws at you without so much as a whisper of protest.

They took away your guns, and you handed them over. Now you get walked on.
They put CCTV all over your cities, and you smiled for the camera.
They took away your freedom of speech, making racial slurs a crime.
I'm tired and those are the only things I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've missed at least a few hundred more examples of rights you were so eager to throw away.

America may be inching closer to total oppression (or maybe not, we could all just be paranoid), but England has been sprinting there. It seems you people long to be controlled and herded.
edit on 12/21/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They should be made to clean up the mess and restore the neighbourhoods, I am all for going out and making your voice heard, but not going to the local corner shop to loot. It just damages freedoms we currently have, not that we have many freedoms outside of the eyes of the government.

Originally posted by Adyta
I don't feel sorry for anything that happens to England. Not one thing. This may sound harsh, but you guys lay down and take everything the government throws at you without so much as a whisper of protest.

I'm tired and those are the only things I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've missed at least a few hundred more examples of rights you were so eager to throw away.

America may be inching closer to total oppression (or maybe not, we could all just be paranoid), but England has been sprinting there. It seems you people long to be controlled and herded.

Because guns are a solutions to mankinds problems...

Because racism is a solution to mankinds problems...

I am curious as to where you come from, let me guess you are in the US?
edit on 21-12-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Read some british history. And then you can talk from a glass house if you wish.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

would never happen, it seems it is happening though.

This part caught my attention:

"Searches like those carried out today are happening on a daily basis and my message to those who were involved in criminality is that you will not get away with it."

The good people of the UK need to stand up against this police state they have been put up against. This is just too much.

So what your saying is criminals need to stand up against this sort of thing, andprotect their rights..SHOP LIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND TAKE OVER etc etc etc.

What bollocks...if you had a hand in the trouble and you get caught you deserve what you get.
Police state?
The police are arresting the wankers that robbed shop fronts and burnt cars, they deserve what's coming to them,

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't understand why you think it's a bad thing that these looters and rioters are getting arrested. If these people were dumb enough to destroy their own community then they should expect to be arrested.
edit on 21-12-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Let's be honest here England and America are just as bad as each other-With the second Amendment being false flagged and people getting offended because 'their not PC enough'.

Most in the Northerners still do own guns,but they don't use them...

Don't forget that the 'Americans' were the ones that wrote A BILL on it (NDAA).I don't even think North Korea does that,they just do it...
edit on 21-12-2011 by Revelation11 because: NO REASON

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Speaking as a Brit , this country of ours is corrupt from top to bottom , has been for decades, what with the MPs expenses farce , the tabloid press mafia , the cash for peerages shenanigans , the corrupt metropolitan police and other police forces around the UK , the UK media , UK government , Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs , UK military , if I have missed anyone off my christmas card list .............shoot me , ohh that's right we no longer have
any firearms to call our own as Brits , as pointed out in another post before this one.
Guns are not the answer , BUT if my worst case scenario becomes reality , then YES I would want a firearm , if anarchy was the narrative on British streets etc .
The fact that all these public bodies have been over the years doing as they pleased , treading on the little people ,
when I see posts from people saying , yes arrest the looters , charge them etc , we have been looted for decades by the banks and the politicians, they are the real culprits.
The way the media time and again run these dodgy benefit stories.......OK the person has fiddled there unemployment , housing , child allowence benefit and then they run stories of the public saying this is not on , we want justice , jail them and make them pay it all back , meanwhile the banks and now HMRC have one rule for the small people, while the big boys default on tax payments or they are not chased up for the outstanding tax
The narrative being let the little people squabble amongst themselves , while the establishment carry on doing what they have done for decades.

So as a Brit I have no problem with the looters , rioters , they are emulating what the big boys have always done .....STEAL. I have never broken the law myself , I fear this may change AND my conscience WILL be clear of that I have no doubt , 100% I am soooooo glad I have woken up unlike the majority of sheeple around me.

Great to have ATS as a forum, great info , great members, always food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

So what your saying is criminals need to stand up against this sort of thing, andprotect their rights..SHOP LIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND TAKE OVER etc etc etc.

No.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I thought it was quite clear. I'm on my mobile so perhaps I will clarify later.

Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Because guns are a solutions to mankinds problems...

Because racism is a solution to mankinds problems...

I am curious as to where you come from, let me guess you are in the US?

Guns can be the solution to some problems. If I recall correctly they were the solution to a rather unpleasant infestation a few hundred years ago.

Racism is wrong, I get that... but being jailed for it is even worse.

Originally posted by Revelation11
Let's be honest here England and America are just as bad as each other-With the second Amendment being false flagged and people getting offended because 'their not PC enough'.

Most in the Northerners still do own guns,but they don't use them...

Don't forget that the 'Americans' were the ones that wrote A BILL on it (NDAA).I don't even think North Korea does that,they just do it...

I'm still allowed to own guns, and the last time I checked the racist old man next door wasn't in prison. I'd say you are far worse off. Your northerners may have their antique blunderbusses, but how many people do you know that legally own a handgun, or assault rifle?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

There are over 1 million legally owned firearms in Britain. There are two 'tiers' of gun ownership, a 'shotgun certificate' and a 'firearm certificate'. People with firearm certificates can own a variety of weapons, though the most common are higher caliber hunting rifles etc, and as the name would suggest shotgun certificates allow you to purchase a shotgun. Shotgun ownership is relatively common outside of large cities and there are many places throughout britain where competetive shooting takes place. It is a common misconception in America that Britain has had it's guns taken away, that is simply not the case.

All of that aside, the riots would have happened regardless of how many privately owned guns there are in the country. The cause of the riots was a weak first response to disturbances in London which resulted in people taking advantage of the situation by going out and destroying their own community in 'copycat' style violence. Anyone who thought they could get away with going out and destroying other peoples property deserves their inevitable punishment.
edit on 21-12-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Raiding houses? Uhhh can we say overkill. Arrest the suspected offenders or summon them to court. Why in the world would they need to raid their house..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

uhhhhh northern USA have antique blunderbusses? What are you even talking about? Another foreigner thinking they know anything about the USA.

I live in the Northern USA and know a ton of people that have legal guns, usually more than one. I have a shotgun in the room next to me.

The only real place that illegal guns are in the USA is in the ghetto. Criminals could care less about gun laws.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

no you are wrong ,what the uk people are really sick and tired of is the courts handing down a slap on the wrist sentences.
the judges are so out of touch and the criminals know that the chances of suffering any real punishment are slim

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I never said that the north was 'better off' I only refered to the north because I don't know anyone personally from Scotland or the south...

I do however know 50 or more people in my local neighbourhood alone.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

You have shotguns and hunting rifles. Not very intimidating to a tyrannical government. I can go out right now and buy an AR-15 with a 200 round drum magazine, an underslung grenade launcher, any type of optics my heart desires, a slide fire stock that pretty much converts semi-auto rifles into full auto, and a massive selection of ammos. I can go get all of that, without having any kind of permit... and would only have to wait 10 MINUTES for the background check to come through.You have hunting rifles and shotguns.

When I bought my first handgun, I went into the store, and walked out a gun owner in less than 15 minutes. How many hoops do you have to jump through just for ONE shotgun?

I never said guns would have stopped the riots. I was saying due to the fact you guys are throwing your rights away like they're stale bread, I feel no pity that your doors are being kicked in by the hundreds.

reply to post by mnmcandiez

My post was referring to northern England...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join