It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony alert: U.S. calls on Russia to respect peaceful protests

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Obama : "do as i say not as i do"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

By repealing Citizens United, demanding term limits, outlawing lobbying with dollars (legal bribery) and campaign finance reform we can begin to lose those that seek office to make personal millions. These are some of the main goals of Occupy. The camping part, though not by choice, is mostly over and was done to raise awareness and give central easy access and enable direct and swift action. The movement gained numbers and now it's on to bigger things and will not stop growing until our government once again recognizes the will of the people and remembers that we are the ones in control.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
Obama : "do as i say not as i do"

In Russia...

Putin: "Russia does it to you"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

YES! I definitely agree with term limits.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So...is it a federal move sanctioned by the president to crack down on protesters? I must have missed that news clip.

Or...are the nerds at ats just being disinfo tards again by saying russia offically cracking down on protests is the same as some idiot individual cops being asshats (or even entire departments).

Let me guess...

Yep...anyhow, this is why conspiracy theorists are never taken seriously. a bunch of liars and crybabies. Now, if Obama truely did sign an order demanding the military crackdown of ows or something, ya..you got me in your corner...otherwise you need to at most look at the mayor of whatever city your discussing for its local law enforcement idiots.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes respect peaceful protests in russia but in america the cops will beat you over the head with a #ing billy club.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Is it possible for a communist to capitalize? The emotions that OWSers are real, a lot of people hold the same feelings. They were created by Capitalism. The problems we have today weren't created by communists. If communist groups join in on the OWS movement, it's because they want to voice their self, as it's a opportunistic time, BECAUSE the OWS have a lot of bad feelings towards capitalism. That doesn't mean they are anti-capitalism, they are against where capitalism is leading us.

Sure! I’ve heard China mentioned many times as a model the US should follow . They are a communist nation practicing capitalism, are they not? There really is very little difference between crony capitalism (which we have here) and communism. The main difference is that ON PAPER the government doesn’t own the companies here. Here, the companies own the government….it’s still crooks in charge!!

What do you suggest? A peaceful takeover of the government?

Yes…How about you occupy a voting booth and put people into office that can fix this mess through constitutional means??? What a concept!!

Where are the government protests at? They don't exist.

Damn good question! You should pose that question to your OWS buddies. The last serious protest I saw against the government was 9/12/2009 and it was the Tea Party marching on DC. Since then they have put people into office who have blocked some negative legislation proposed by the Dems and Obama. It’s a start but they don’t have the numbers to repeal stuff……YET!! Wait until next November!!

OWSers are protesting because they can feel what is coming and it's not going to be pretty. How could a sane person that understands what could be in store for us stand and do nothing?

Protesting is to raise awareness and draw attention to your issues. That’s all it does! In essence, OWS is doing nothing now…the mission is complete! We’ve heard the 700 versions of what you want. Now what?? More protesting and beating drums?? Good luck with that!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You know you guys complain about police brutality in the occupy protests but the funny thing is...you don't know the position the police were in. And neither was I. For all you know, they could have been attacked first. Don't judge if you don't know the situation. But of course the protesters will be the first to cry brutality, because they hate the police, but yet when they're in need, who do they call? Oh yea, the police. That's* hypocrisy. Now of course there will be some* cases of brutality, but those are a dime a dozen, and the government cant be responsible for every individual officer.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you kidding me? The message was heard? What have the politicians done to show the protesters they had heard the message? NOTHING! A kick in the face, a spray in the eye, and a zip tie to the wrist. "Yes, your message has been heard, and we don't give a **** about it, you dirty hippy!"
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do as I say, not as I do, said the Pope to the priest.

Bump, with S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by TheOracle
Why do you go to great legnths to protect the US govt? Are you getting a salary or allowance from the state?

Yes...

But no dental plan and only two weeks paid vacation.

It's a rough job.

I appreciate your obsessive fascination with me though.

I'm flattered.

Yes, fascinating you are indeed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I may be misunderstanding you. You seem to be saying that the goal of the movement was to get the politicians to actually do something. I thought the movement's goal was to raise awareness of certain issues.

Do you disagree with OWS? What actions do the politicians have to take?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by AnonymousFem

You know...

I haven't heard one ioda out of anybody in this thread so far condemn the Police brutality of the Protesters yet. It seems many are more concerned about posting about supposed "Irony and Hypocrisy" instead of the well being of the average Joe/Sasha Muscovite protester.

One would expect some sort of sympathetic message in their support against Police brutality [whether at the hands of the NYPD or Moscow Police etc] of any Protesters.

Now why is that?

Protesting ANYTHING America=Good

Hypocrisy = ATS Posters
edit on 12-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Comparing the OWS to what is happening in Russia is absurd. I don't know any other word that would adequately describe the comparison.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So...is it a federal move sanctioned by the president to crack down on protesters? I must have missed that news clip.

Or...are the nerds at ats just being disinfo tards again by saying russia offically cracking down on protests is the same as some idiot individual cops being asshats (or even entire departments).

Let me guess...

Apparently you don't read the news.

Is DHS coordinating attacks against OWS with Mayors?

It's all coming from the top.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join