It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is gathering momentum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by DBCooper71

reply to post by CREAM

I may not agree with what she say's, but I'l defend her right to say it.

what she says cannot be defended.

its that simple.

Well, punish her then....lock her up, and take her kid, that'll teach her.

after stating you would defend what she said you changed your tune very quickly?

what she said cannot be defended. it can be forgiven.

she could be helped, educated. why do you want her locked up and her kid taken away?

I don't...I was being sarcastic.

What happens, if she tell's you to, stick your help and education where the sun don't shine.....what then?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thank god for the first amendment

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
well, i could keep trying to offer suggestions and you can keep saying what if.........

i think she needs help. don't know if she will get any.

she will proabably be prosecuted. which will probably make some people happy and other people angry.

it would be a start if she was brave enough to come out with an apology straight away. i wouldn't hold my breath for that though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Well I agree, she needs help.

Especially when she's recognised, out and about on the street...I don't think she'll walk away from this unpunished anyway.

Which will make some people happy.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

Oh and out of curiosity, this is to the non white members of ATS,
Have you, or someone else of your own race,ever got offended and upset when someone has made racist and offensive remarks about white people....just wondering

It's called disturbing the peace.

"Have you, or someone else of your own race,ever got offended and upset when someone has made racist and offensive remarks about white people....just wondering"

I don't remember the last time that has happened to me IRL. I don't know where you live. Hell, I haven't seen racism like this toward black people(well, to the face of a black person) where I live IRL either. Your silly.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

What I was trying to get at was, how many times have you seen a white person get upset and offended, when another white person makes a racist and offensive remarks about black or Asian people....Well I've seen it happen quite a lot.
So I was wondering if people of other races do the same thing when one of they're friends or family make a racist or offensive remarks about white people....because I've never seen it happen.

edit on 28-11-2011 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The 34-year-old from New Addington in Croydon, south London, was held on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence after a video came to light on YouTube.

A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “A 34-year-old woman from New Addington was arrested on Monday, 28 November on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

what she says cannot be defended.

its that simple.

Well, punish her then....lock her up, and take her kid, that'll teach her.

after stating you would defend what she said you changed your tune very quickly?

what she said cannot be defended. it can be forgiven.

she could be helped, educated. why do you want her locked up and her kid taken away?

He said he'll defend her RIGHT to say it. Not that he agrees with the content of what she said.

@The video, who cares? Outbursts like this are infrequent and it just so happens one of them got caught on film so a bunch of mooks can watch it online and act like it's a new phenomena brought on by socioeconomic change. News flash: race discrimination has been around since the dawn of man and it will always exist--at least until the far, far future when mankind becomes so mixed and androgynous that we all look the same. Yes people, spoiler, we will become like the Greys.
edit on 28-11-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

I absolutely do not condone this type of behaviour.

She has a right to say it, but she should choose not to.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

He said he'll defend her RIGHT to say it. Not that he agrees with the content of what she said.

I understand that he wanted to defend her right to say it, not defend what she said. That was a mistake in my reply and I apolgise for making a mess of my reply. That was not my intention.

it does not change my opinion that she does not have the right to speak like this to other humans she is sharing this planet with.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

please explain what gives her the right to behave like this?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I understand that he wanted to defend her right to say it, not defend what she said. That was a mistake in my reply and I apolgise for making a mess of my reply. That was not my intention.

it does not change my opinion that she does not have the right to speak like this to other humans she is sharing this planet with.

so you're willing to devote your time and energy saying this woman doesn't have a right to say what wants.

yet we are silent on the issue (in this moment) about war, poverty, famine and destruction of cultures?
(not saying you don't oppose those) but our time and efforts could be directed somewhere MUCH more important.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you but racism is always an issue. Obama was hailed as a great leader just because they call him black, and he's only half black, but if it helps their agenda it's not racist, it's only racist if some white guy talks about racism. Or if its farrakan, they call him racist but I think its more truth than racism but it goes against the main stream meme so it's called racist. So some moron made a racist youtube video, you are only furthering it's advertisement.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

please explain what gives her the right to behave like this?

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by PrimalRed

I absolutely do not condone this type of behaviour.

She has a right to say it, but she should choose not to.

I said she shouldn't behave like this...you're not on a roll today eh? lol.

We all have a right to say what we want and how we want. She chose to say it and now is paying the consequence.
But at what point do words take on new meaning and the authorities have to move in and silence someone?
What is the line between this and saying something that could offend anyone else?
Or talking bad about your government?
Is free speech truly free? or is it only free if everyone you're talking to agrees on what's "free"?
thats not very free at all..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It's pretty bad when you're called a racist just for saying the President's full name (primarily the middle name) in public.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

it is not about free speech.

she does not have any right to behave like this. it is not free speech being exercised here.

she is full of hate. she is verbally abusing other passengers. it is abuse. it is bullying.

anyone who trys to excuse or defend behaviour like this by rolling out the 'free speech' card is being very immature.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well that's your opinion, and I respect that, and I can see where your coming from.
But I'm of the opinion that we have full freedom of speech or none at all.
Like I said, I don't agree with what she said, but I'll defend right to say it, the same as the lady at around 1:20
who say's the only reason they're here is because the English are to lazy to work...I don't like it, but I'll defend her right to say it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

its not about freedom of speech. this is not acceptable social behaviour. its abuse. on this occasion its racist abuse.

you cannot start screaming abuse at members of the public. it is not acceptable social behaviour.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

she does not have any right to behave like this. it is not free speech being exercised here.

she is full of hate. she is verbally abusing other passengers. it is abuse. it is bullying.

anyone who trys to excuse or defend behaviour like this by rolling out the 'free speech' card is being very immature.

have you considered whether that hate is actually justified or are you just against this?

you are painting me out to be something i'm not, and i'm glad my posts can speak for themselves.
I have already said twice that I do not defend this behaviour, how many more times will appease you?

I DO NOT CONDONE THIS BEHAVIOUR.

BUT SHE HAS A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE WANTS. JUST LIKE ME, JUST LIKE YOU.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

have you considered whether that hate is actually justified or are you just against this?

you are painting me out to be something i'm not, and i'm glad my posts can speak for themselves.
I have already said twice that I do not defend this behaviour, how many more times will appease you?

I DO NOT CONDONE THIS BEHAVIOUR.

BUT SHE HAS A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE WANTS. JUST LIKE ME, JUST LIKE YOU.

whats with the block capitals?

how i am painting you anything. i have not referred to you at all. i keep refering to her?

i know you do not condone this behaviour.

and i know you have said she has a right to say what she wants.

I am stating that this has absolutely nothing to do with free speech. Nothing.

This is disgusting behaviour. It is abuse. She is shouting racist abuse at other members of the public, She is abusing other people. Do you understand that?

It is extremely silly an immature to try and defend what she is saying under the banner of 'free speech'.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join