It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by blocula

As I recall from the video of a few years ago of the ship, that mere "gash" was over a hundred feet long. No torpedo or interior explosion will leave that type of evidence. Unless you want to invent a conspiracy of coverup for this event, you gotta go with the evidence.

The reason it was more than a 100 feet long is because of the iceberg that everyone on board felt scrape along the side of the ship. You don't need a torpedo when you have several thousand tonnes of ice knocking on your hull. The U-boat idea is ridiculous anyway - why would the Germans risk a war over a ship, no matter who was on board? Besides, I'm not even sure that the Kaisermarine even had a long-range U-boat at that time. If I recall correctly they only launched their first diesel-engined boat in October 1212.
uhhhhmmmmm no...the reason for the 100ft or 200ft gash,or however big it is gash,was caused by the ship splitting and ripping apart while rising up into the air and while it was buckling and cracking,which all happened "after" the initial 12ft square hole,through which water started pouring in,a 12ft square hole that a german sub launched torpedo, imo,caused,or a german sub launched water mine caused,imo...
edit on 9-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I know that you don't care, but the "theory" in your post is incompatible with facts recorded from witnesses and with what we know about engineering of the Titanic.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by blocula

As I recall from the video of a few years ago of the ship, that mere "gash" was over a hundred feet long. No torpedo or interior explosion will leave that type of evidence. Unless you want to invent a conspiracy of coverup for this event, you gotta go with the evidence.

The reason it was more than a 100 feet long is because of the iceberg that everyone on board felt scrape along the side of the ship. You don't need a torpedo when you have several thousand tonnes of ice knocking on your hull. The U-boat idea is ridiculous anyway - why would the Germans risk a war over a ship, no matter who was on board? Besides, I'm not even sure that the Kaisermarine even had a long-range U-boat at that time. If I recall correctly they only launched their first diesel-engined boat in October 1212.
uhhhhmmmmm no...the reason for the 100ft or 200ft gash,or however big it is gash,was caused by the ship splitting and ripping apart while rising up into the air and while it was buckling and cracking,which all happened "after" the initial 12ft square hole,through which water started pouring in,a 12ft square hole that a german sub launched torpedo, imo,caused,or a german sub launched water mine caused,imo...
a 12ft hole was the initial damage sustained by the Titanic and no "side" scraped and "side" swiped iceberg is going to be able to punch itself inwards and then pull itself outwards really fast against a moving ship,which is exactly what the iceberg would have had to have done,in order for it to have created a 12ft hole,as this link cleary states,a 12ft hole is where and how the water started rushing into the ship...www.eszlinger.com... > Quote from link under collision/damage > "Though the damage in the hull was 220 to 245 feet long, the most recent evidence shows that there was only a 12 square foot opening (the size of a refrigerator) in the hull allowing water inside the ship"

Thats ^^^ the smoking gun evidence...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

So blocula a very nice link you posted there about the sinking of the Titanic as it really happened. Now then back to your conspiracy regarding the smoke belching, chugging, U-17 and it's crew,... they have been out now for a week and are p1ssed at doing 8 knots!, provisions long since gone,...they are now reduced to eating each others ear wax.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Highly unlikely maybe if it's closer to 1940s

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

Not exactly,because Reptilians were not publicly reported until 1934 as this link explains and the Titanic sank in 1912,now the Billionaire Industrialists on board could possibly have been Reptilians and the "Nordic" Germans wanted them eliminated and so maybe thats why they sank the Titanic...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I think this covers it. Has just as much possibility as your theory here.
Zero.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

reptilians,... (sigh) The War between Russia and Japan got Germany thinking about the possibility of submarine warfare,... (read Admiral Tirpitz). Infact they were late off the mark. The U program started in 1905 with,.... why am i starting to quote things?.

Stop,.... maybe U-17 disguised itself as an iceberg!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
survivors who were on board the titanic said they heard an explosion that must have been a boiler,how would they even know it was a massive boiler rupturing and exploding? They heard what a massive boiler rupturing sounds like before?... i seriously doubt it...

If it was a torpedo that made the explosion sound and i think it was,well those survivors wouldnt have even known what a torpedo exploding into metal underwater sounded like anyways,they would have had to have heard what torpedos exploding into metal under water sounds like before and i seriously doubt any of them ever did.So when they heard the explosion they wouldnt have ever guessed it was a torpedo.Its not like they heard the explosion and then ran around yelling "it was a torpedo" they would not have known it was a torpedo,or what a torpedo exploding into metal under water sounds like and they probably didnt even know what a torpedo was, especially in 1912...

And some survivors said they "heard" the ship scraping an iceberg.How would they even know what giant sheets of moving steel scraping against a gigantic floating iceberg sounds like? they heard those sounds before? no way,they just guessed it was an iceberg,or said it because it was the "rumor" that was flying around the ship,a rumor that was probably ignited by an implanted german agent who had orders to get everyone thinking it was an iceberg and an exploding boiler,anything but what it really was,a submarine launched torpedo...

People in a frenzied panic will believe just about anything and what they said they heard,"from inside the ship" was what someone else told them they heard,because i can guarantee 99.9999999% that those survivors that said they heard the ship scraping against an iceberg and heard a boiler explode,never ever heard those sounds before and did not know what they sounded like either...

If i never heard a wolfs howl and no one ever told me what a wolfs howl sounds like,then i would be totally clueless and have no idea what it sounds like and then if there was a wolf howling outside my house,i could never say "that howls from a wolf" because i never heard it before,so i could never accurately say thats what it was that made the howl...only if someone else was with me at the time and they told me it was a wolfs howl,thats the only way i would know and i still wouldnt "really" know,that person who told me could have been lying to me,because i didnt see what made the howl...

Just like those survivors who were "inside the ship",who said they "heard" the ship hitting an iceberg and that they "heard" a boiler explode,they did not know what those things sound like,they never heard them before,so they could not have known thats what they heard,they were told thats what they heard and in their panicked state,thats what they believed...
edit on 10-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And some survivors said they "heard" the ship scraping an iceberg.How would they even know what giant sheets of moving steel scraping against a gigantic floating iceberg sounds like? they heard those sounds before? no way,they just guessed it was an iceberg,or said it because it was the "rumor" that was flying around the ship,a rumor that was probably ignited by an implanted german agent who had orders to get everyone thinking it was an iceberg and an exploding boiler,anything but what it really was,a submarine launched torpedo...

And now there's an implanted german agent on board......
I suppose he had a James Bond jet ski hidden in a duffel bag so he could make his escape. No, wait, he was disguised as Astor's wife's nurse. Ah, I know! The non-existent UBoat beamed him off. Yep, fits right in with the rest of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe it was a typo. Instead of "sub" it could have meant "rub" (reptilian u-boat) and the hundred foot plus gash was a result of the reptilian/insectoid claws opening the Titanic like a can of calamari after the chitinous torpedo created the original 12 foot hole in the ship.

And the evil aliens harvested all of the lost souls to include DiCaprio and took them back to lobsterland to torment forever.

Thus the secret is still safe and the craft is explained to include all of the damage to the Titanic.............

or...

It was an iceberg.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Maybe it was a typo. Instead of "sub" it could have meant "rub" (reptilian u-boat) and the hundred foot plus gash was a result of the reptilian/insectoid claws opening the Titanic like a can of calamari after the chitinous torpedo created the original 12 foot hole in the ship.

And the evil aliens harvested all of the lost souls to include DiCaprio and took them back to lobsterland to torment forever.

Thus the secret is still safe and the craft is explained to include all of the damage to the Titanic.............

or...

It was an iceberg.

You forgot about the secret german agent that was infiltrated onboard the titanic so he could spread rumors of icebergs and exploding boliers right after the submarine launched torpedo struck...

seriously...i should be writing treatments,ideas and screenplays for films...i got a million of em...
edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

seriously...i should be writing treatments,ideas and screenplays for films...i got a million of em...

Seriously...maybe you should. Just quit trying to argue them as fact instead of fiction

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've got eye witness testimony regarding the collision. The struggle to close the dampers as the water poured in is a story in itself.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Prove to me there was'nt a secret german agent infiltrated amongst the passengers onboard the titanic,to spread rumors of icebergs and exploding boilers right after the german launched torpedo,or water mine struck, yeah,the U-17 had water mine laying capabilities...

You cant prove those things didnt happen...

Just like i cant prove they did,but,the Titanic was ripped open and is laying at the bottom of the ocean,so the odds are in my theories favor...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What about the Insurance Fraud conspiracy?

edit on 12-12-2011 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

www.titanicuniverse.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

As the water poured in through a 12ft square sized hole that was impossible for an iceberg to have made.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

the titanic was under-insured , so what about it ?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

what utter twaddle - its your job to provide evidence for your fantasy " german agent " , and as for evidence all credible evidence is for the iceberg explaination [ there is some scope for conspiracy in the actions of the titanic and carpathia prior , uring and after the collission - but thats another thread ]

there is no credible evidence for your u-boat fantasy

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't put this scenario as undoable. Its a very strong possibility and makes perfect sense. Since they had a book out coding their plan, with very strong parallels.

Sinking of the Titan.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLaKK
I've got eye witness testimony regarding the collision. The struggle to close the dampers as the water poured in is a story in itself.

Gettting close to it, is not the same thing as an iceburg actually doing all the damage. It was probably planned very carefully.

The sinking of the Titan shows the plan, and its chilling because they put all their plans out in the open ahead of time. So those in the know, know whats up, and everyone else is just in zombie mode.

Having a sub as back up to ensure it worked was probably the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join