It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo14: unusual reflective objects on the ground at "Station B1".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The first picture in the OP with 'object and astronaut' is different than the others showing rocks, even the light source is coming from the opposite direction.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The first picture in the OP with 'object and astronaut' is different than the others showing rocks, even the light source is coming from the opposite direction.

Exactly smurfy.
Two different shots.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

In the future, please have the courtesy to check correctly your images before try to debunk what ever...

In this case You Give us the Proof the THE OBJECT WAS DELETED FROM NASA IMAGE or THE OBJECT FLOWN AWAY......

IN BOTH CASES "THE OBJECT" EXIST!

The fact that you continue to violate ATS T&C by refusing to identify the source of the image you posted strongly suggests that you know you have something to hide.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That's why I asked for the AS numbers, which Arken deliberatley avoided answering...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I suggest you look at the op again he claims 2 objects, pic 3 and 4 are supposed to show the floating object, pic 4 is a close up off pic 3.

That's the picture I used and if you look at his attempt to show the shadows his angles are wrong.

There is only one light source you have to know the shadowsposition of camera in each picture to work out what's happening.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing
That's why I asked for the AS numbers, which Arken deliberatley avoided answering...

Well, as he don't want to post it, I will do it for him

Source is Google Earth 6.1.0.5001 Gallery (with Google moon), from "Chipdownload". See here.

Who want to check other there?

edit on 24-11-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I understand that he got the image from google...however, those images have been edited - they're panoramic. I want to see the original hi-res NASA scan. Only then can we do any meaningful analysis.

So... still waiting for the AS number!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

I suggest you look at the op again he claims 2 objects, pic 3 and 4 are supposed to show the floating object, pic 4 is a close up off pic 3.

That's the picture I used and if you look at his attempt to show the shadows his angles are wrong.

There is only one light source you have to know the shadowsposition of camera in each picture to work out what's happening.

I am referring to picture 1 only, that's all I'm interested in. What I am saying is that it has no bearing on the other pictures, they are rocks. So the only thing anomalous looking is picture number one, and I know there is only one light source, and in that picture it is coming from the left.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting.

Requests were made for the source of the photos and when the information was not forthcoming the thread degrades into incivility. Exactly the kind of incivility we try to stay above here on ATS. However, proper sourcing of information could have avoided such anger repeated requests.

Thread Closed until AS numbers are provided to staff.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arken

In the future, please have the courtesy to check correctly your images before try to debunk what ever...

In this case You Give us the Proof the THE OBJECT WAS DELETED FROM NASA IMAGE or THE OBJECT FLOWN AWAY......

IN BOTH CASES "THE OBJECT" EXIST!

The fact that you continue to violate ATS T&C by refusing to identify the source of the image you posted strongly suggests that you know you have something to hide.

The source of the image is in the Opening Post Image! It is Google Moon!

I took the image from Google - APOLLO 14 Landing Site - "Fly in this High Resolution Image" Credit: NASA/LPI - "Mitchell and the view at station B1"

BUT

I'm Right Now in the Apollo Image Atlas 70mm Hasselblad Image Catalog Apollo 14, Magazine LL Images AS14-64-9046 to AS14-64-9201 www.lpi.usra.edu...

AND

THIS PARTICULAR IMAGE SIMPLY DO NOT EXIST!
There are three images of the same area and these three shots at very closer time, but The ONE that I posted Siply there is NOT! WHY?????

The fact that YOU continue to try to debunk with different images, strongly suggests that... YOU... have something to hide, DJW001. What?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

THE MYSTERY is that there is NOT the "AS number" for THE OP image that I've posted.

THIS IS ANOTHER MYSTERY!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

THIS PARTICULAR IMAGE SIMPLY DO NOT EXIST!
There are three images of the same area and these three shots at very closer time, but The ONE that I posted Siply there is NOT! WHY?????

Because the image you posted was made by taking two successive photographs and pasting them together. That's what a panorama is:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Here's a different version:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And a third:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

This one appears to be the source for the VR image on Google:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

This montage is the closest to what you posted as the supposed image:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

All of these can be found here:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Now do you understand why it is important to be able to identify the magazine and frame number? You couldn't provide them because the image you posted isn't a photograph, it's a montage. This process can create any number of artifacts. Putting them on GoogleMoon tends to make them worse. Please be aware that GoogleMoon is not a valid source for primary information about anything.
edit on 24-11-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The fact that YOU continue to try to debunk with different images, strongly suggests that... YOU... have something to hide, DJW001. What?

Clearly, I have nothing to hide, that's why I provided the explanation above. I apologize if I implied that you were deliberately hoaxing in this thread. It is clear from your more recent posts that you simply did not understand what you were looking at. Please learn to do a little research before posting something "mysterious," and be open to people who are trying to explain it in all earnestness.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is the image in the pan to the left of astronaut. It matches the Google image but the "unsual object" is not in it.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Here is the next image, with Mitchell in a completely different situation than the Google mosaic shows. Again no "unusual object"
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Google took his upper body from that one and attached it to his lower body from this one.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Google's "artistic license" has created the "unsual object" and a Frankenstein's astronaut. Don't use Google Moon for "research".
edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Op
Dude you do find the weirdest and interesting stuff
Yes sure metallic objects one hovering. Nice find.
If you question nasa may be they have an explanation.
In any case looks like all the apollos were never alone on the moon.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The same area but.......This is not the same image......

OMG!

THE OBJECT ... FLOWN AWAY!

Replies like this really undermine your credibility. 'Object flown away' is a silly explanation for what is internal lens reflection. The 'object flying away' is in direct alignment with the lens flare.

It's fair enough when you make errors of judgement in misidentifying prosaic causes as 'flying objects,' but this example is more like deliberate deception.

You've read and replied to dozens of posts explaining internal lens reflections and lens flares. On that basis, I'm respectfully calling you out as a deliberate hoaxer.

You've been around long enough to know better and, in my opinion, you are actively seeking to deceive other members. Not good Arken. I've long held a suspicion you're an ex-member who has come back to troll. If you are who I suspect you are, you've let yourself down. I hope I'm wrong because that guy continues to have my respect.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Again: the images that you provide have nothing to do with the one in the OP.
Absolutely different position of the astronaut.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Google's "artistic license" has created the "unsual object" and a Frankenstein's astronaut.

Sorry, Phage this is your personal speculatuion and I strongly disagree.

This is a NASA/LPI image.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken. I am correct. The "object" is not in the original images from NASA/LPI. It is in the mosaic created by Google from those images. It seems to be the tip Mitchell's fingers.

AS14-64-9088

AS14-64-9089

Google Moon

Google Moon close up

Google Moon close up

Don't use Google Moon for "research".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Google's "artistic license" has created the "unsual object" and a Frankenstein's astronaut. Don't use Google Moon for "research".

Yes!!

And I just reply to DJW001 on another thread about the problems that come from using Google:

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by DJW001
You forgot to mention that many of these "anomalies" only turn up on Google! The images on GoogleMoon, GoogleMars, and GoogleSky are stitched together, which causes imperfections in the image.

Yes, you've got a good point!

Almost each time there's an 'anomaly thread', Google is invested....

- Google Street View:

- Google Earth:

- Google Mars:

- Google Sky:

- Google Moon:

So maybe I should add to the thread title: "....especially coming from Google!"

No way Google is a start point for beginning any serious picture analysis...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join