It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a social experiment..........get up and dance.,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a buddy and i were visiting a local coffee shop.
for some reason the tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife.
was speaking with a very nice lady when this song came on the radio.

dance tune

she gets up, walks over to the stereo and cranks it up.
i join her in our little jig, a few others joined in.
a few looked at us like we were nuts, a few had facws of actual disgust like we were interupting something really important.
i had to laugh at the responce.
the point of this, i realized is that it made it quite simple for me to pick out who in the entire coffee shop i'd be interested in meeting.
so, get off your ass and dance, look around and see what kind of responce you recieve.
the odder the place the better. cubicle jokeys included.
to those incapable of dancing, i apologize.
are you of the same mindset as me, or would you rather meet those who did not look at you in a good way?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
lol....I like the idea.....it appeals to me a lot. But...I think I'll choose a song that's not about a kid killing everyone in sight.....This would be my tune

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Smile......it won't crack your face

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Lol. an example of someone I would not want to meet in person.

Relax guy. You weren't even there and you're getting upset.

You know you're gonna die one day, right? Go have some fun.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That was cute, I wish I knew more spontaneous people like that. This kind of reminds me of the people that hug people at random, I always thought that was sweet.

Maybe if dancing isn't your thing, giving out flowers to random people. We live in a world that perceives people as bad, or malicious, when in fact there are some people out there that need to smile, have fun, and yes sometimes even with a stranger.

Peace, NRE.

S&F

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

I have plenty of fun. I dance with my little son even to this very song. I just dont feel the need to put on a spectical in society to do it. Clearly you knew you were pissing people off, you even said it in your OP. You did it anyway and judged them even though you were the cause of their frustration. Your sooooooo cooooooool!

When you hit puberty you will understand.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This sort of "flash mob" thing isnt tired and passe yet?

The first time it's shocking.
The second time it's cute.
The third time it's an annoyance.
The fourth time somebody gets punched in the face.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

I have plenty of fun. I dance with my little son even to this very song. I just dont feel the need to put on a spectical in society to do it. Clearly you knew you were pissing people off, you even said it in your OP. You did it anyway and judged them even though you were the cause of their frustration. Your sooooooo cooooooool!

When you hit puberty you will understand.

Amen to this statement!!
lack of respect and i honestly don't care to impress "society"

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Public dancing is for the ladies and gay guys, so - as I fall into neither of those two categories - I'm afraid that I won't be able to oblige with this experiment.

So I'm guessing that puts me firmly in the ''people you'd not be interested in meeting'' bracket. That's OK. I can just about deal with that.

I like that song, though. I'd never heard it before.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

First of all, I'm not the OP. The OP is the OP. I'm me.

Second, a little spontaneous fun in a public place isn't evil or anything. Honestly, how often does this even go down anywhere. I promise such a happenstance won't ruin your day (unless you are in fact evil, or have no sense of humor, which is the same as being evil). Wasting mental energy being pissed about such a thing is pretty silly. And being pissed at a story online about such a thing is hilarious.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Sci-Fi_entist because: grammar

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
WOW!!! What a bunch of cold hard cynics posting here. I'd much rather my day was interrupted by a spontaneous dance or song than almost anything else. This life is supposed to be a joy-ful experience. I appreciate that after spending some time reading the news or ats we may not always feel that way....but really the occasional celebration of existence is good for the spirit/soul.

I work with perfect strangers day in and day out - despite the impression the media would give us most people are decent, nice....and fun.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lack of respect? Impress Society... ? I'm not sure any of that was intended in the happenings of the OP's story...

I think it was just a bit of spontaneous fun. In the moment stuff. Can none of you relate to that?

Yeesh.

You guys are no fun.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
♫ Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine! ♫

I personally wouldn't, but I can see how some people would get mad about this. Screw em, says I. They're probably daft, boring people wallowing in their own self-imposed misery.

I think the world would be a better place if it were like a musical and streets full of strangers really did break out into spontaneous, well coordinated song and dance.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist

You guys are no fun.

I know, right? Nothing beats the fun of imposing your will onto other people. Whether it's blasting music from your car or ipod so loud the people at the back of the bus can hear it or cranking up a stereo to dance in front of a bunch of other people who arent there for dancing or music it's all a complete blast!!

Woo-hoo! Impose that will!

And folks wonder why I hate every last human on this planet. I do my best to leave them all alone. To not interfere with their lives. They seem either unwilling or incapable to extend to me that same courtesy.

Perhaps I can claim some intense crippling people-phobia and collect social security so I'll never have to leave my property again if this is how the population insists on behaving.

If there is room enough go ahead and dance. Turning the music up crosses a line. I can ignore the dancing. I cant ignore the music blaring.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of this.

First time I saw it I cried like my heart was broken.

Thanks for giving me a chance to post it again.

Peace on you and yours!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And folks wonder why I hate every last human on this planet. I do my best to leave them all alone. To not interfere with their lives. They seem either unwilling or incapable to extend to me that same courtesy.

Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we were all like you.....good grief
edit on 15-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we were all like you.....good grief
edit on 15-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

It would be a far less annoying place. And perhaps a far less violent place as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Not if we're all walking about with hatred in our hearts....how can you possibly think that? Hatred eats at your soul and blackens the heart. The only thing it will ever damage is you

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Not if we're all walking about with hatred in our hearts....how can you possibly think that? Hatred eats at your soul and blackens the heart. The only thing it will ever damage is you

Tell me how you make the leap from being annoyed by annoying things and living with some all-consuming black hatred filled heart?

I'm not full of hate. I love just about everything on this green earth. With the exception of human beings of course. To the point of tears. Hell, I hug trees. Literally.

To be annoyed by annoying things is not the same as being filled with hate. Not by a long shot.

This idea that to not find some frolicking idiots interfering with my coffee break by blasting their music and stomping around the shop to be inspiring an great is even remotely related to a condition of blind hatred is what I'm talking about. Imposing your will on others. And grossly caricaturing their dismay as some qualifying proof that your will is the righteous will.

You really dont see anything wrong with that? Like Lao Tzu would just start stomping around the deli counter with boombox in hand while you're trying to get a half pound of cheddar cheese? Would he do that?

<<   2  3 >>

join