It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent: Wake up now!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This isn't a beauty pageant..."I hope that one day there will be world peace." There will always be evil, greedy corrupt people. In a perfect world, we can just send them all to a remote island to just destroy each other. We don't live in a perfect world. All we can do is work hard to give ourselves the best lives we can. We can do tons of research and vote for the people we think...and hope will make a change for the better. It's sad when we are lied to. When we are told about all of the positive changes we will see, and nothing changes...things get worse. Corrupt people will always be around. Greedy people will always be around. That is not something we can change. Violence will only make things worse for us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'am packing my stuff right now and going to occupy Helsinki. Population like half dozen tents and growing slow but steady, location: across the street from parliament of Finland until police/military remove us "for our safety and well being".

I was about to find out that being a student can cost me a fortune.

Estimate of student life expense:
Going to school by a buss and a train because school campus is overcrowded = 50€/month train pass + 2xride 22 daysx7,5€/buss ride(with discount) + 20€ card 9€/semester Student card to get buss ride discount.
(a car would be 700€ insurance + 5000€ for a reliable car + gas price which is ridiculously high in Finland)
BBA school books prices are astronomical lets not go there= I use the library mostly
Cheapest one person apartment 460€/month + 20€ internet plan (student has to use the Internet to learn stuff) + 50€ electricity/heating/water bill
Phone = 25€/month smart phone with internet (business students just love business phones)
Shopping low quality food super smart 5€/day, leaves me hungry. Buying snacks or soda allmost double my food costs to a more realistic 250€/month
Buying luxury items leave you more in debt and you get frustrated when you have to sell those to make rent payments.
Local gym 50€/month (easy and cheap option for physical exercise if you dont have school gym)
cheapest 150€/year for healthcare travel and home insurance for student

Work my ass off summer "vacation" 5500€/8250$,
Too tired/impossible to attend school properly if I work during week because of stress.

summary:
no car, no luxuries, no expensive hobbies, no going to party often, no smoking/drinking, no team sports, no paying for tv permit (300€ tax in Finland)
transportation: 409€
food&shelter: food 250€ + apartment 510€
communication: phone&internet 45€
Taking care of health: gym 50€
"income" max social benefits for student 202€ for house and 300€ for studying, after tax(wtf) around 460€.

A month of going to school and living like a normal human being in modern society.
-1264€ + social securities +460€
804€ in the red, max amount of loan a student can withdraw per month is 700€ and it is not enough

(modern slavery) Doesn't matter how hard you work you still going to end up in huge debt pit.

My precious savings from "summer vacation" keep me going for about 5-6 months in theory but in reality I act like a consumer and buy unnecessary stuff like
iphone4 and build a new computer and get a Canon DSLR camera.
Buying luxury items leave avarage students in debt and you get frustrated when you have to sell those to make rent payments.

Sounds #ed up but don't feel sorry for me. I'am one of the luckiest ones who can land a job and I have my family to back me up.
I feel sorry for those who are forced to withdraw maximum amount of student loans just to have food on a plate and go to school.
Being 10000€+ in debt causes huge amount of stress and makes people act stupid. You basically become a cash cow for the banks after you graduate.

I'am posting here because many fins(finnish people) visit this site and it is good place for a random rant.

I felt like writing after I played spent it made me think (spent is a minimum wage worker simulator flash game), I lasted 30 days by the way. I made my dad play, he lasted only 3 days, I gave myself a double facepalm.

Occupation Student -> Occupation Protester -> loses human rights in eyes of the government.
Peace out ->

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
What will be the hardest part then? Enlighten me?

Have you ever cracked a history book? I understand your naive world view seings you're so young, but have you ever studied a revolution? A single one? Maybe the hardest part will be the years of instability, and when a nation is unstable it is violent. Maybe it will be having to possibly fight on opposite sides as loved ones. Maybe it will be that dawning point of comprehension when you realize entertainers like immortal technique aren't out there on the front lines, and never gave a flying ____ about you or yours.

OK, maybe it won't be over in a few days, IDK, some revolutions have happened like that.

Which ones? Which revolutions have been planned, executed, and stabalized within days? Name one.

Especially since 95% of Americans don't really care or are too young or old to participate. If it lasts for months, I won't give up until I'm arrested or killed. Simple as that.
If this is how you feel, you surely will be arrested or killed. And if 95% don't care about what you have to say, then you don't represent 99% of anything. Simple as that.

I think one plausible scenario is that many of us talking will get out there and get massacred, and then only after that everyone will wake up and realize what really happened, and then there may be a peacefully revolution.

That wouldn't be a peaceful revolution. That would be like the founding fathers suggesting that the revolution started when the english surrendered.

I honestly don't know. I just know I am willing and ready and I trust in God and let my heart guide me.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So whats your plan then?

I hear everyday on loads of sites to say wake up etc etc, Yea I'm awake yea I know what you mean....

But what exactly is your plan on beating these people? what is your plan to same humanity?
What is the plan, the greater good that we are all meant to do.

Its all very well saying THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL, but what is your plan??

We can all give the wake up call chat, but without a plan your words will fall on deaf ears....

Tell us your plan and you might just have the people on your side

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Change is coming, people.

I knew it in that moment, when OWS was shown solidarity from people in China.

chinastudygroup.net...

Maybe for the first time in human history, there's a real global consciousness in progress.

More and more people all around the world are realizing, that they share something with their fellow human beings all around the world:

They're all f***ed by corrupt governments and greedy corporations that are willing to sell countless souls to make countless money.

It's difficult to say, how it finally will play out.

Will we see a global revolution, resulting in total chaos and our final destruction? Will we see an evolution, bringing peace and prosperity for all?

Only time will tell.

But change, of course, is on the way.

Maybe all those turbulences are just the labor pains of a new mankind.

We'll see.

Peace and all the best to all of you!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sandwhale

I can't believe you're complaining. Did you expect to be treated like a king at university? 10,000 in debt is nothing my friend. That's not even 1 semester at most of the universities here in California, but people find a way. quiting buying luxury items, don't go to a gym (you can exercise at home, WTF do you need a gym membership for?) and don't splurge on summer vacation. Save your money. I went through 4 years of university without a single vacation, cuz I had my responsibilities in order. You have no excuse for protesting other than having bad money management and expecting to be spoiled (or to not be in debt upon graduation, which is insane cuz 99% of ppl are. I was $40,000 in debt but paid it off in 1 year after graduating).

I honestly don't know. I just know I am willing and ready and I trust in God and let my heart guide me.

lol^

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
This isn't a beauty pageant..."I hope that one day there will be world peace." There will always be evil, greedy corrupt people. In a perfect world, we can just send them all to a remote island to just destroy each other.

That's how Australia was born.
edit on 16-11-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thank you for this post. You are echoing my sentiments exactly. I am soooo frustrated with people. We know the elites are taking over, we are warning people, we are urging people to act...but

even the awake people are just watching TV!

It is really frustrating.

I've come to discover people around here just like talking about these issues...

but they really don't want to do anything about them.

It's maddening.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Im a peaceful laidback kind of guy but in the scenario of an elite takeover like everyones been talking about, Id stop at nothing, and I mean nothing to stay out of their grip. No morals, no compassion just a relentless counter attack with anyone who is willing to stand up. Im with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Sorry I am one of the people you were talking about that is lost. I'm new so forgive me. I am very interested in what I have read but what is the OP? I take it, it is more information on the subject and I would love to find it and read up on it. Can somebody please point me in the right direction..... Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by krazykiller79

Reading up on the Bavarian Illuminati and New World Order is a good start. Good luck with that, there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding this issue but that is to be expected. Trust your instinct when researching and look at history and the state of the world right now to be able to see how many things have been corrupted by them. You will find the truth if you allow yourself to so.

I wish you the very best in the journey ahead and if there is anything you wish to ask or discuss, feel free to send me a message

IT--

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Thank you so much, and if I have questions I will certainly throw them your way.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
put up or shut up!!! ok, I have lived rich, lived poor. have lived without running water and electricity. I have voted, and not voted. I have packed a gun for uncle sammy and even myself. I have 2 combat loads for every weapon I have. I can be mobile or sit. What else can I do. Living rich made someone else money, living poor is uncomfortable, Voting got me nowhere. I dont have a job to quit to make that statement, I dont have a bank account to move from a bank to a credit union. whats up with that. switching from a bank to a credit union? PULLEEZE

As long as america only cares about dinner and getting hooked up for the night, forget it. THEY OWN YOU

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
suggestions on action to take, which make coherent sense.

Drop out. Remove the slaves from play. Stop feeding the machine. Enjoy how humorous it looks from the outside.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by edog11

It was funny cause OP thinks he can make a difference...

Man I miss being young.

Unfortunately, it has been with that attitude spread across our nation, that we have allowed "it" to come to this point. In a world of selfishness and greed in our "me first", ego driven society, an amazingly efficient facade of delusion and ignorance, has evolved. We are so caught up in holidays that have lost their meaning, fantastic sporting events, the images on our TVs and even with aiding those affected by natural disasters, ignoring our own "un-natural" disaster, on the other side of the world. Thats not to mention provide for your spouse and your 1.34(?) children. *fun fact - avg family size in the US is pi (3.14). My point is that our frenzied family (personal) lives and the relentless bombardment by the corporate powers, has turned our world upside-down. We've chased the rabbit down the hole and found ourselves in Wonderland. Conformity is the new Individuality. We, the consumers, have become the consumed. We are now considered guilty, until proven innocent. Love thy neighbor is now, loath thy homeless and hungry. The American Dream has become merely a pipe-dream. And our, "Land of the Free. Home of the Brave."... i think you get the point. What our society desperately needs is an old fashioned "attitude adjustment" of epic proportions. Our increasing awareness, by itself, is fueling that process. The ball is already rolling. And, YES each and every individual CAN make a difference. Now lets DO THIS S***!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
-deleted-
edit on 25-4-2012 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join