It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Area 51 lost its certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Back on topic...

Area 51 is still a place where secret tests are conducted due to its extreme isolation. You can't really find a place similar to Groom Lake anywhere in the US. It is the most private area with such a large, flat, bottom lake bed.

I agree BIGPoJo...It's still probably one of the most isolated and secured military areas. I guess I was just inquiring about its mystique? Does it still hold us in awe? I find myself more interested in Area 51's terrestrial operations than its "suppossed" extraterrestrial operations.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I am from that area...and I would say that there are more remote locations in the U.S. for sure...I went to high school in Tonopah and lived close to the area most of my life.

Area 51 may be a secret to the nation as a whole but for those that were close to the area...the mysteries are far and few between...at least in introspect.

My dad was a contract welder that worked at area 51 for awhile and although he was limited to certain areas and certain tasks...he did say that he never personally witnessed anything out of the "ordinary"!

No doubt there are secrets buried in the history of area 51...but recently I would have to say that the national secrets are being carried out somewhere altogether different today!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Double post....
edit on 11-11-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Many states in the mid-west, south-west, and north-west are ideal locations for isolated and secured facilities, whether its Area 51, Tonopah, or White Sands. They are ideal locations for flight testing, radar testing, missile research, drone development, foreign materials and technology exploitation, and don't forget chemical, biological, and radiological testing.

Lots of remote and isolated areas ideal for such activities.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If Groom Lake is so yesterday, would someone please explain the tall triangular tower? For bonus points, tell me what exactly is in that new big arse hangar.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
If Groom Lake is so yesterday, would someone please explain the tall triangular tower? For bonus points, tell me what exactly is in that new big arse hangar.

That tower is pretty awesome looking..."The triangular structure near the RCS range was built in 2006, 160 ft tall, sides are about 40 ft. wide. The tower can rotate around its center. There are no support buildings nearby, but the proximity to the RCS rage could suggest that it is controlled from there. Around there are 2 dish antennas."

That new hanger is HUGE! Maybe they are consolidating some of the space and the larger hanger is more efficient for aircraft storage???? Maybe the Stealth Blimp is stored in there?

I'd love to know!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah Jerry... what IS in that big hanger since you're in the area and seem to know more than the average joe...and how much activity do you notice going on now compared to in the past years? Do you think most is done underground now, as in Dulce?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by gariac

That tower is pretty awesome looking..."The triangular structure near the RCS range was built in 2006, 160 ft tall, sides are about 40 ft. wide. The tower can rotate around its center. There are no support buildings nearby, but the proximity to the RCS rage could suggest that it is controlled from there. Around there are 2 dish antennas."

That new hanger is HUGE! Maybe they are consolidating some of the space and the larger hanger is more efficient for aircraft storage???? Maybe the Stealth Blimp is stored in there?

I'd love to know!

This tower sounds like they use it to test stealth profiles on mock-ups.

Check out this link to dig deeper.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Does any one remember, A T.V show that claimed that Area 51 had closed. For Kicks the guy drove right up thru the main road. Started looking in hangers and walking around an no one stopped him. Or Am I alone in Remembering this.

It just seems odd that they would show some thing like that a few years ago. Than continue with all the testing, Maybe they shut it down for a little to save money on the budget. When the they had a little extra, They reopened?

I would also think that underground wouldn't be much help for testing weapons. Maybe bio-weapons, and research but I don't think any thing else other than that would really require an underground complex.

Just my 2 cents

Also my back round is Military Police

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Jim Wilson from Popular Mechanics started the "Area 51 has moved" nonsense. He took Mail Box Road from the ET Highway and forgot to turn down Groom Lake Road. That road leads to a gate on Range 61, which had a small repeater site there for a while, but nothing in the way of infrastructure. Hence he declared the base to be history. The story was on the PM website for years after it was debunked, but I don't see it there now.

If there was a TV show about this, they certainly didn't visit Groom Lake. You may recall Glenn Campbell's visit to the Green River Complex.
area51looseends.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join