It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Occupy... Group Just Elected Their First Leader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Plausible deniability and lack of responsibility.

As someone pointed out, this is precisely the tactics so many government agencies have taken, which seems to be one of the very things "OWS" wants to address.

The difference between most government agencies and the protestors is that government agencies have fall guys they willingly throw under the bus in order to maintain their plausible denial-ability but the protestors are not at all willing to throw any one of their members under the bus, so plausible denial-ability becomes less plausible for the movement.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Many can and have ran with "It was an isolated incident OR it was a few bad apples " etc.

but they are. when somebody robs a bank we do not spit on a whole community as being evil and theives.

but that is what the mainstream want to do, once there is a leader everybody who is disatisfied with the way things are will be lumped into a single entity and tarred with the same brush.

it is individuals that are unhappy with the way things are being done, not a organisation that is run by one person.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Is there any wonder why i can't take OWS seriously they elected A DOG!

I am just waiting for them to give it free health care,free food etc altho mind you makes sense for those that been paying attention to the last few weeks.

OWS=DOG someone always gonna have to take care of them and clean up their mess so publicity stunt?

No it's a most apt analogy for that "movement".
edit on 8-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It has been rumored that Shelby has sniffed the butts of of several other dogs. Gloria Alred is supposed to hold a press conference with a very sad Labrador later today.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by XPLodER

Ahhh!

Dissension in the Blind overzealous OWS supporter ranks!
Gasp!

See the problem with trying to throw the whole "Your Government" angle at me is that I KNOW they are corrupt and have issues. I have No issue admitting that but get an OWS supporter to admit that there is fault with the movement is like pulling teeth.

i admit anytime a large group of people get together some are always going to use the chance to cause trouble........

i would say that the large majority are there for ligitamite protests and a small percentage are there because they can have fun causing trouble.

happens everytime to many people are in the same place at the same time.

and you are right my blanket statement about "your" govenment is just as bad as the all OWS are hippies

i would like a balenced and sensiable discusion with out having to resort to name calling

thing is how can this movement ever be corrupted?
no leaders to sell out

xp

edit on 8-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
so plausible denial-ability becomes less plausible for the movement.

Didn't you read the OP Jean? The dog is now the fall guy, so denial-ability is perfectly pawsible (forgive the terrible pun)

My question is this: Can anyone tell me what the OWS has accomplished? I've looked and looked but can't find anything beyond raising this phantom 'awareness' which, conveniently, can't be measured....
edit on 8-11-2011 by relpobre000 because: eta

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know right?

That damn hippie dog should get a job and pay for it's own health care and food!

A haircut wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

i would like to,

it has served to bring together people "accross" political lines,
it has given a sence of comunity to people,
it has given hope the pieceful protests will work,

it has drawn attension to the criminal activity that got the homeowners of america into trouble,

it draws people togther and allows "ALL" to speak and have a voice

it reminds us that we rely on each other for a functioning democracy

should i continue?

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

really? I heard Herman Cain touched Shelby inappropriately? Get your facts straight.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To me
they should have never used the word
Occupy!

The United States practices that word daily.
We occupy Afghanistan
We occupy Iraq
We just occupied Libya
etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It has been rumored that Shelby has sniffed the butts of of several other dogs. Gloria Alred is supposed to hold a press conference with a very sad Labrador later today.

Well now maybe we'll get someplace and a real Agenda from them....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99e6f5c00486.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

But the thing about that is....you can't really prove that any of this is attributable to the protests (or that it's even taking place).

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Nothing may be heard... but a whiff of your post may certainly be smelled.

In related news.. Shelby spares no effort in searching for the elusive conservative brain. (hint: you're getting warmer)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Nothing may be heard... but a whiff of your post may certainly be smelled.

Dog humor?

In related news.. Shelby spares no effort in searching for the elusive conservative brain. (hint: you're getting warmer)

Did you think that one up all by yourself?

edit on 8-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'd refer you back to your own post.. and ask those same questions of you.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by XPLodER

But the thing about that is....you can't really prove that any of this is attributable to the protests (or that it's even taking place).

people who have never meet are helping each other,

and people who thought they were alone and had no voice
insert many videos of democracy of the people here

watch the vid and tell me there is no comunity spirit building,

and when a whole comunity decides to do something,
it will only be a matter of time before it is acomplished

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I still don't understand how this is democracy though. If the protesters weren't there in the first place, they wouldn't need anyone to feed them. It's a giant circular situation. People have been feeding the needy (truly needy) for a lot longer than this 'movement' has been going on.

You say 'when a whole community decides to do something, it will only be a matter of time before it is accomplished' but what have they set out to do? Be fed for free? Saying that they've raised 'awareness' is a cop out. What have they done aside from yelling in the streets?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by XPLodER

I still don't understand how this is democracy though. If the protesters weren't there in the first place, they wouldn't need anyone to feed them. It's a giant circular situation. People have been feeding the needy (truly needy) for a lot longer than this 'movement' has been going on.

You say 'when a whole community decides to do something, it will only be a matter of time before it is accomplished' but what have they set out to do? Be fed for free? Saying that they've raised 'awareness' is a cop out. What have they done aside from yelling in the streets?

1. a single occupy has grown to a world wide phenomonon
2. people are debating in public the actions of wall street and govenments
3. people are empowering themselves with action instead of feeling helpless in the face of big corps
4. people are deciding what the real problems are instead of fighting left right paradimes
5. the protestors have shown that people will not take criminal acts without prosicution.
6. by standing together the people are showing who holds the real power in sociity
7. when and only when there is a comunity consensus will there be a list of demands.

this means that before any action can undertaken the true power (comunity spirit) must be at an all time high so that a comitted movement can be self supporting and not waiver to small changes that address nothing.

now if you look people are debating the issiues,
when the debates are satisfyed and all have been heard the "consensus" of the comunity will have more power than just an idea,

they will have a democratically agreed agenda and the fortatude to ensure no half measures are allowed.

more people now understand how to protect a republic and are energized to do so

the movement has also shown that non violent legal lawful protests will gain world wide support.

over 2 thousand countries.

one idea whos time has come , can be stopped by no man

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
7. when and only when there is a comunity consensus will there be a list of demands.

Phew.... for a second there I was starting to take you seriously..

the movement has also shown that non violent legal lawful protests will gain world wide support.

over 2 thousand countries.

2 Thousand countries?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

2000 countries? is the world bigger than i last checked? oh and last time i look there was around 196 and 193 in the UN.

That is hilarious!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join