It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large numbers of US households to be denied heating assistance this winter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Glad I spent the $$ a few years back and installed a wood burner in my home. Whenever possible when out and about we try to collect any wood laying around thats burnable and then buy in the summer for the winter when cash allows. Only problem for me nowdays is that I recently had back surgery and can no longer split and process wood, which when you have a nice big pile that needs it is aggravating to say the least. And as a side note when fired up my house stays a nice even 74* even on the cold winter days in Buffalo area of NYS. I wouldn't even be able to imagine how much gas that would require with a conventional furnace, which we do occasionally run as I am anal when it comes to keeping the chimney and fireplace clean ( every other week). And I have heard of some people living on a fixed income, well mine is broke!!!

Not sure if You've seen this but this may help with the wood processing.

solar powered wood splitter
edit on 8-11-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Call Chavez in Venezuela. I'm serious. He helped poor cold Americans just to embarrass Bush and his Big Oil cronies back in 2005. I'm sure he'd help out again.

Chavez Ships Discounted Heating Oil to Needy US Families

Despite record-breaking profits in 2005, all the major U.S. oil corporations reportedly refused to participate in similar programs.

"We are committed to working for a hemisphere with less poverty and more development, whether by teaching 1.5 million adults to read in Venezuela or helping Massachusetts residents through a long winter." And he puts his money where his mouth is. Ya gotta love it.

It's a conspiracy to make Big Oil and the Bush administration look bad.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

That is pretty neat
. But a lot of the pieces I have are about 2 feet in diameter. Way too heavy for me to even lift onto a splitter anymore, if I had one. And Too big to split with a wedge.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Coming from someone who lives in Jersey City, NJ I can attest to this!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join