It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘-– Michelle Fields!’ — Interview With Reporter Harassed at Occupy DC Protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
reply to post by Common Good

Oh thanks again for making sure we understand the real issue, the OWS is not a group of criminals, there not evil, but you cant see the difference between what you think and the reality of the movement.

So thank you again but there is no proof to any of the attacks againts the moement, no proof whats so ever, if a crime happens it happens, its not an indication of anything, its a disease in society, it has nothing to do with the protest...

So plz find proof instead off how you feel inside

See, thats why people dont take your seriously.
First off, you should really spend more time on your reading comprehension and your selective reading problems.

Once you do that, then me and you can have a conversation.

One where both sides of the arguement are understood.

You obviously dont believe any wrongdoing is happening in this movement, so who is really the blind one?

You can act oblivious to it all you want, because in the end, it wont hurt me, it will hurt you =)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

The longer I'm on ATS and paying attention to politics and groups like OWS, the more I begin to realize names and labels play a small part in the lives and actions of people.

OWS it seems, is what the individual wants it to be. Just as Obama's "Hope and Change" did to the good people who are sick and tired of the same lies year after year.

There's too many empty areas so we fill in the gaps. We fall for what they're selling and it's next to impossible to change both our mind and heart. So we defend them to the end

The mobs in the video are individuals who claim to be a part of something, just as others claim to be Democrats or Republicans. Ugh, I'm not explaining myself very well.
The thugs in the video are individuals who will hopefully pay for their actions.
Your perception of OWS is just one of thousands who also had to fill in the gaps.

I've seen and heard a lot of lies and negative persuasion coming from users like Micheal Moore and others, so there's no way I could embrace something like OWS.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So lol your thinking for me now, oh and now my problem is my comprehension lvl lol, wow and how is that constructive to anything...

You put all ows people in the same boat, wow, how is anything your saying helping anything...

the ows isisnt the ennemie, but im sure its because my english comprehension is not at your lvl wow...

bah bah bah

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I never asked you to like them, but why cant you find proof of the entire movement behing evil, you just cant, so lets go round and round and lets not find a solution...

So this thread is about rapes that dont happen and how the evil movement threats outsiders, which dosent happen lol, anything else do we need to analyse

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So lol your thinking for me now, oh and now my problem is my comprehension lvl lol, wow and how is that constructive to anything...

You put all ows people in the same boat, wow, how is anything your saying helping anything...

the ows isisnt the ennemie, but im sure its because my english comprehension is not at your lvl wow...

bah bah bah

I repeat, really work at your READING comprehension. haha.
(I never said english comprehension). So that adds more fuel to my point right there.

Its constructive because at that point, you MIGHT have a valid arguement if you knew what you were arguing about.

I didnt put these people in the same boat, they did.

BAH BAH BAH was the most understandable point you have made thus far.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Lol so how is any personal attacks making you sound smart lol, english is my third language, so i guess that must make me dumb...

And how is calling me dumb not off topic or worth readinf lol, i guess your highly edumacated person must be right lol..

No proof check

Calling peoples names check

Trolling check

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Lol so how is any personal attacks making you sound smart lol, english is my third language, so i guess that must make me dumb...

And how is calling me dumb not off topic or worth readinf lol, i guess your highly edumacated person must be right lol..

No proof check

Calling peoples names check

Trolling check

Personal attacks? I didnt call you any names.

Again. Reading comprehension.

I never called you dumb.

Im done with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

Both sides of this OWS need to ratchet it down a notch or two.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

temporarily closed to allow members to read these links.

Reopened.

However, further disruptions will result in a permanent closure.
edit on Sun Nov 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

I'm glad for the break, a bit like a cold shower.

I was hoping to get an answer to a question that seems to be underlying this discussion. Pro-OWSers, what kind of evidence would it take to make you question the movement, to step back and say, "Wait a minute, this isn't going right?"

I'm not saying that OWS has gone bad, but a plurality of Americans (39%) do not support it. (See my post about a page back for source and more details.) Is there some test? Say, in three months we will have accomplished so and so? Or, we will stop all vandalism in areas we control, or, we'll get 1/3 of americans to support us?

Is the movement falsifiable?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You want to know what I see? I see a MOB, a very far left liberal mob

You ever been to a protest? how bout a few of them??

You're just going by what media says..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That's just one poll others say different and regardless, polls aren't an accurate barometer. In my opinion there isn't evidence out there to make me question my support because in my opinion it's been shown to be extremely overblown or dirty journalism.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thanks, Kali74, appreciate the response. May I toss out a few more questions? If you distrust all polls, I can see that, but is it all polls, or just OWS polls?

And do you think that the 30% or so of people who claimed not to know enough about OWS is roughly right? I don't know how so many people could have no opinion about it.

Just had a thought. If we don't trust OWS polls, how do we know if it's making an impact?

Anyway, thanks for your time

Charles1952

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't trust any polls even the ones I like the results of, I can't see how a poll possibly asked every american or even every registered american voter. I do think it's possible that 30% of people don't know about or enough about OWS, believe it or not not everyone has the internet and more than likely local news would only cover the issue if it were happening locally. It is getting more widespread but it's a long way from completely national...yet

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You just said something that really interests me.

It is getting more widespread but it's a long way from completely national...yet
Ok, let's say that every city with a population over 50,000 has a movement. Maybe figure one in a thousand actually occupies. Then, what happens?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hopefully the will of the people is actually carried out by our government at that point.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Dear Kali74,

I'm sure you can understand if I get confused at this point. We can't find out the will of the people by polls. We can vote, but lots of ATSers say the people are just sheep who will be manipulated by the media, or politicians, or somebody, besides, we're voting now.

The country was founded on the idea that it would NOT be a democracy, with everybody voting on everything. So do we switch our governmental system away from a republic to a democracy? That will be a chore.

My problem, I guess, is one of vast confusion. I'd consider supporting it, but I don't know what I'd be supporting.

By the way, I wonder what happened to the guys who wanted to draw blood on this thread. Anyway, thanks for talking to me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No, we don't need to switch to a true democracy. We need to ensure that our will is done by the representatives we vote for in each individual state. The problem is that once they get to DC they seem to get seduced by money. I don't know what the answers are but I know that identifying and labeling the problems is important. There a few very focused on issues such as getting money out of politics and getting that Citizens United nonsense done away with but why should we stop there? A lot has been wrong for a very long time...how can there be one single encompassing slogan?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very disturbing videos coming out of that attack on innocent people that have absolutely nothing to do with what these !@#holes claim to be angry about. This coverage really got my blood boiling today. So, these losers are making this political by targeting a conservative group for no reason. I'm conservative and sure as hell not part of the 1% these babies are crying about and I seriously doubt that those attending this function fit the mold either.

I'll keep saying this till I'm blue in the face to the Occupy crowd, especially those in DC. Why are you giving our elected officials on Capital Hill a free pass? Why a free pass for the White House?

It just proves that these idiots could care less about a solution and that all they want is confrontation and collapse.

Good Luck! The little game is going to get complicated for the OWSers real soon if they keep pulling mindless stunts like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know, Kali74, that jibeho has a pretty good point. It sound like you, as do I, believe that the problems come from Washington corruption.

I know that OWS doesn't know I exist, but my idea would be to focus on DC. I would tell them that there is too much power there, people want to grab that power and will use any corrupt means to get it and use it. Therefore, Washington, give up most of your power and money and send it back to the states where the people can watch over it.

I'd let Washington run the military and diplomacy, maybe a few other departments, but let the states do the work. The states are probably more inventive than DC anyway.

Help me get down from my soapbox, won't you?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Watch this video. Observe the glazed look in the eyes of the protesters. Watch how they locked the doors from the outside with a broom stick or pipe of some sort. Listen to the laughter from the protesters and watch how they scramble to hide their identities from the camera. Meanwhile, the woman in the wheelchair simply wants to go home.

Pathetic.

This video is nice because the OWS mother actually brought her kids to this event in a wagon and then uses them as a human shield. She actually brought her children and put them intentionally in harms way. Great example. She's oblivious to the fact that the kids are crying and clearly terrified. She can't shut her mouth.

Pardon the language.

Just a couple of proud moments for the Occupy Bunch. What are they protesting again??
edit on 6-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join