It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘-– Michelle Fields!’ — Interview With Reporter Harassed at Occupy DC Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Michelle Fields, a young video reporter for the Daily Caller, was assigned to cover Friday night’s Occupy DC protests outside the Americans for Prosperity “Defending the American Dream” conference at the Washington Convention Center. In an interview Saturday morning, Fields described how she was targeted for harassment:

theothermccain.com...

Related Article with Video Content:

Grim perfection from Glenn Reynolds: “I guess they really are taking Tahrir Square as their model.” Let it sink in: Their protests now need rape shelters. This is actually happening. And New York City lets it go on.

hotair.com...

I am a vocal critic of OWS for good reason and there are many and Tahir square comparison should wake people up considering in the arab uprising's a reporter was raped and after considering the number assualt's and rape's that have gone on.

Watching that video and there are many other's like it and many other stories not being told for the simple fact that some media outlets sympathize with OWS and are not vetting it indeed like the did with the TPM.

What is going on and continues to go on and is defended on here and by media shills and socket puppets on here is seriously disgusting.

To disrespect a woman like this simple because they do not agree with her?

That isn't right and they all know it isn't right because those same people would not sit there and let someone do that to their sister's or wives or girlfriends.

The true face of OWS? some people will say no no they are not all like this but a lot of video evidence is out there for anyone to see.

I will never support OWS never.
edit on 6-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Nov 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And they said it wasnt about political party. hahaha

this is a liberal movement.

It could have been more, but they messed that up themselves.

In the end, it always comes back to political party.

Their message is losing all my interests when they start behaving like the people that they are protesting against(Actually acting worse).

So yea, without a clear message for what they represent, I will know only from what I see of this movement with my own two eyes, and so far, they are not painting a pretty picture of their movement.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Neo what difference does it make whether she the jounalist was a woman or not? I hope that doesn't mean that you are supporting one standard for men and another for women.

Obviously some at OWS have aren't happy with the hostile view coming from media such as the Daily Caller. It doesn't matter what OWS does because people like yourself or the Daily Caller are against them no matter what, so there is no incentive to roll out the red carpet.

Bottom line is that I'm sorry but people around the world are dying, there are wars and there are really serious issues being raised by OWS. I am not going to start crying or whining because a biased reporter got called a few names.

To cap that maybe you could explain to me how what was on the video is comparable to rape in Tahiri Square - the only possible crime committed was that of the driver allegedly running down protestors.
One last thing, on that point I wonder if that driver was the same one some protestors were blocking, if so then I wonder why the Daily Caller cut that piece of footage out.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

read his second source. Its on there.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
this is not a liberal movement it is an american movement.

how many ppl have been arrested on rape charges so far?

even if there are rapists in the area they would have nothing to do with what the occupy movement stands for, so stop playing you little party war because divided we fall.

edit; the occupy organizers are trying to protect women by setting up separate tents. it's not their fault rapists exists.
edit on 6-11-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

Did you watch the video?

Who was hostile there she wasn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

no post it. i think you are missing my point.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Zuccotti Park has become so overrun by sexual predators attacking women in the night that organizers felt compelled to set up a female-only sleeping tent yesterday to keep the sickos away.
The large, metal-framed “safety tent” — which will be guarded by an all-female patrol — can accommodate as many as 18 people and will be used during the day for women-only meetings, said Occupy Wall Street organizers.
“This is all about safety in numbers,” said Becky Wartell, 24, a protester from Portland, Maine…
Some of the male OWS protesters remained in denial over the growing number of sex attacks.

From OPS source- For those that dont like to go to the source I will put it right here for all of you to see.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks neo for your great thread, wow them ows are some evil cats, iso 1 journalist is attacked, it must mean that the thousands of protester where all included in this attack.

Oh and how many rapes have happened since the start of the ows, im guessing thousands.

So we need to start rape shelters at all ows protest, cause you know them animals cant stop themselves

thanks again neo great work

cough cough

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What a bunch of worthless animals! OWS isn't highjacked or misunderstood. They didn't have message because had they revealed their message, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have already.
I'm not surprised in the least that people are getting run over by the traffic, why would that guy be surprised?
Playing in the road, intimidating and blocking cars can be dangerous little boy, just as touching a hot burner... duhh.

I wonder how long these criminals will get away with this? Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to the liberal mob.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Lol last time i checked driving over someone was a crime, but heck your mst eb right, them animals need to be put down.

Maybe reality is not something you find worth living in.
edit on 6-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: added right letters

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon

Lol last time i checked driving over someone was a crime, but heck your mst eb right, them animals need to be put down.

Maybe reality is we just saw an elderly woman injured from the scummy leaches who don't deserve their freedom?

Did you see the video?

Do you approve of the mob blocking people who are trying to get home?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Last time I checked, playing in the road was dangerous and if you're dumb enough to think you can block and intimidate people, ..... you have another thing coming.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh sorry i didint now that 1 event paints a whole mural of people, sorry but stupid things happen every day, so if you want to use a few incidents to make sure we understand how you feel, well thats just great reporting.

Keep on truckin

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And does that have anything to do with the ows, if you want to call people names good on you, it just proves you have no valid point

keep on truckin

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yeah OWS is just full of angels.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol so you using some media story makes the ows evil wow, seriously, wow but with you i am not amazed anymore...

Thanks for having an agenda and trying to make sure we know about it, its really important

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh sorry i didint now that 1 event paints a whole mural of people, sorry but stupid things happen every day, so if you want to use a few incidents to make sure we understand how you feel, well thats just great reporting.

Keep on truckin

Funny how so many people always use the 1 event doesn't paint the whole mural of people.
One event?
Please defend them better than that.
This 'OWS" movement is a joke and the greedy spoiled brats and leaches have nothing else better to do with their life. It's party time..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join