It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes hits 2 Occupy Oakland protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

What a jackass. Man I say that a lot. I'll admit fantasizing about running down punk kids who pretend to drop things in the middle of the road and sllloooooowwwwwwwllllyyyyyyy pick them back up but actually doing it? I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Why do I have a feeling that soon this drivers info will be spread all over the interwebz?

Yeah, I hear you. The guy is at the very least, a complete idiot... I mean, what could he possibly have been thinking? I bet he crapped his pants from fear with the hundreds of people surrounding his car ( I assume he) and yelling at him...

Yeah, if they have his license plate number you can get the info if who the car is registered to and all that... Where I am I think there is a 10 dollar fee.... So, if they can, they probably will get this guys info and spread it around...

I hope their is no mob that goes after the guy though. Simply because it may endanger any innocent people involved. I hope this guy does get the book thrown at him.... I am honestly surprised they just let the guy go though...

Do you think that means the cops figured it was an accident? Or what would that mean?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I doubt the driver is part of the 1%.
Something tells me the Benz was targeted.
This thing is getting chaotic for a reason, who is to blame?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Ok, so what people are supposed to wait an indefinite amount of time for this 'march'?!? I am not saying it's right to run people over, but give me a break these protesters are a bit much.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Hope he gets murder charges, sent to prison for 30 years, raped hundreds of times and see if he learns anything from the experience.
edit on 2-11-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

Good god. What the guy did was wrong... But we don't even know if it was on purpose or an accident or anything yet.... Not really....

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You want this guy to received murder charges ( NO ONE DIED), sent to prision for 30 years and raped hundreds of times?

You are a very violent person..... Gross.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Do you think that means the cops figured it was an accident? Or what would that mean?

Actually yeah I think it would. If it was intentional that would be assault with a deadly weapon and a slew of other charges. I don't think he would be able to make bail that fast. One thing I've noted with a number of stories recently is that they are very one sided. A few people send out tweets saying the guy did it intentionally, the whole internet gets riled up before they get the facts and there is an e-lynch mob.

From a conspiracy angle perhaps those awful soulless pigs
let him off the hook for running down hippies.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

If he is at fault I hope he gets the figurative and literal book thrown at him. Hmm perhaps the US tax code in hardcover would be big enough to each him a lesson. That would leave a mark.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

right...civil disobedience in which you obey all civil codes? when is the last time you saw an attempt at revolution where the protesters waited for the walk sign to cross the street? or only used the sidewalk or bike lanes?

this was planned.. and widely publicized. the police were on site, and they didn't say "HEY, USE THE SIDEWALKS AND WALK ON GREEN ONLY"...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

As a BMW driving 'douchebag' I will say I get more flack than in any other car or truck I've ever owned. People automatically assume I'm a rich arrogant snob. It wouldn't surprise me if the driver was targeted for his choice in automobile. I reserve my anger until I get more information. I may even rescind my jackass comment though hitting a pedestrian that is part of a 'march' seems fairly hard.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Hmm perhaps the US tax code in hardcover would be big enough to each him a lesson.

You have been reported to the cyber police for death threats. You sick sick individual.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Actually yeah I think it would. If it was intentional that would be assault with a deadly weapon and a slew of other charges. I don't think he would be able to make bail that fast. One thing I've noted with a number of stories recently is that they are very one sided. A few people send out tweets saying the guy did it intentionally, the whole internet gets riled up before they get the facts and there is an e-lynch mob.

From a conspiracy angle perhaps those awful soulless pigs
let him off the hook for running down hippies.

Yeah, see, that makes sense.... It does sound more like an accident...Like you said, if it was determined to have been on purpose this person would have gotten arrested. On purpose would make it assault with a deadly weapon. True.

Yes, that is one thing about the internet.... a story can get twisted and turned into something it is not. a few people spread a rumor that the person got mad and just floored it.... But, that does not exactly make sense.... For the reasons stated above...

I actually feel bad for the person that hit the two people... First, you know they would be scared out of their minds with hundreds of people surrounding the car and yelling at them... Anyone would...

Anyway, I am getting the impression that conclusions were jumped to as far as intention. It really sounds like a terrible accident to me....

But the facts will come out and we will know soon enough. IF it was on purpose I hope they throw the book at him, as they should... If it was an accident, I hope for the safety of the driver....

As you said, it is very possible that this guys identity could be spread all over the internet, which could be a great risk to him....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

If he is at fault I hope he gets the figurative and literal book thrown at him. Hmm perhaps the US tax code in hardcover would be big enough to each him a lesson. That would leave a mark.

Oh, if it was done on purpose, I honestly hope the book is thrown at him big time. It would be assault with a deadly weapon.

If not, I feel bad for the driver.... Think about it... you just hit two people and then your car is surrounded by hundreds of people yelling at you! People have poo'd them selves for less...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I understand your point and like I said earlier it is an unfortunate situation. It seems everybody is assuming it was an intentional act, maybe it was an accident. If the guy was being harassed for driving a Mercedes he may not have been focusing all of his attention on the road.

We don't know all of the details. If it was intentional then yeah throw the book at him.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix

I understand your point and like I said earlier it is an unfortunate situation. It seems everybody is assuming it was an intentional act, maybe it was an accident. If the guy was being harassed for driving a Mercedes he may not have been focusing all of his attention on the road.

We don't know all of the details. If it was intentional then yeah throw the book at him.

and there we have it. like 2 reasonable individuals, we agree.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Anonymous

we are legion, we know you do not forget, you do not forgive, we expect you!

It may not be politically correct or even fair to judge someone who drives a Mercedes differently than a person driving some other car... but I hope this dude goes to court for this! I know SOMEONE on the internet is posting this dude's license plate numbers.

Would also be helpful if we knew for sure whether the driver got talked to and released, rather than talked to, appropriate information gathered to be filed later, and then released.

jus' sayin'

ETA - anyone know the HTML code used on ATS to do the large heading? [H1] [/H1] isnt working...

edit on 3-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Hmm perhaps the US tax code in hardcover would be big enough to each him a lesson.

You have been reported to the cyber police for death threats. You sick sick individual.

Hahaha, nice one!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
right...civil disobedience in which you obey all civil codes? when is the last time you saw an attempt at revolution where the protesters waited for the walk sign to cross the street? or only used the sidewalk or bike lanes?

So you are saying the driver is in the right, as if he agreed with the protest he did not have to obey any road rules!
edit on 3-11-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

So you are saying the driver is in the right, as if he agreed with the protest he did not have to obey any road rules!
edit on 3-11-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

really........? is that what i'm saying...?

amazing....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

sadly, one person did die en route to the hospital

So it is confirmed? May I ask your source? This story is just new to me.

It's so crazy. the guy apparently got frustrated and hit the gas running over two people? If that is true, this person deserves what ever happens to them. By that I mean, what ever happens to them as they go through the legal system.

I do not advocate any kind of violence or retaliation ( Sad world we live in where I feel the need to have to point that out)

If it is true then I guess this will be the first death to come from the movement. Kind of scary and very sad.
edit on 2-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I jumped the gun, that is unconfirmed through twitter, which of course can be unreliable, but we shall see.

Jump the gun? Do you have any clue of the implications of said 'jumping the gun' has? or are you just not aware of the unstability of the situation if this were to occur.

Get your facts straight friend, before you incite violence, regardless of your intentions...

people could have taken down the liscens plate, people could already have private information about the driver, I hope in the future you address this more seriously...

I see you on here all the time, with loosely worded, dare I say... ******** statements, it gets old friend, real old

it's not enough to simply state.... '..this person deserves what ever happens to them.' and then follow it up with a contradictory statement in which implies you meant something different. Be careful with your word choice, these are strange times friend.

It's hard enough to find a trustworthy sources these days, may I suggest twitter is never one of them.

"oh look at that, some guy just tweeted that Obama loves shaving kittens"

OMG! that sick ****!!!

have fun, and fill in the blanks

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by thegoods724
The traffic laws are - - - pedestrians have right of way, even if they are jaywalking.

Okay. I have to see the US law on this...

My friend got hit about 5 years ago when jay walking, only a broken leg and rib, and he didn't get any settlement money; therefore, making him in the wrong.

I'm in Canada btw.

In the US the ped has the right away.. You get nailed because you wasnt paying attn.. Same as the hitting someone in the ass end deal.. Its your fault for not paying attn..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join