It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn't hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.

Source

I feel the world would be a much better place with more people like this man. I believe he is 100% correct on the issue. If more people were armed, there would be less violence from crooks like this. Sure, you might pull the gun on the wrong guy, but if that's the case it would happen to you anyway.

My favorite part is the end ...

He encouraged women to walk in groups, and he ended by saying again, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit. Don't get Mace. Get a firearm." And then he said, "I think I better stop before I get sanctioned."

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He's WRIGHT on with that!

I don't know what it is, but sheriffs with the craziest mustaches are usually the better men in a police department.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I understand the need to defend yourself but saying the solution to violence is firearms is like saying the solution to debt problems is to borrow more money.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Want to know the most obvious correlation in the world? More guns legally allowed on the streets, higher the gun crime. Who would have thought it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I agree with this sheriff too. I think if every woman took a concealed firearm class, and learned how to use a gun, they would be much safer. If more honest citizens had one as well, it would make the streets a little safer, and criminals would probably think twice about bothering someone.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Want to know the most obvious correlation in the world? More guns legally allowed on the streets, higher the gun crime. Who would have thought it.
Where are your stats to prove this? Every statistic I have seen shows just the opposite. Prove your statement.
edit on 31-10-2011 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Really? Mr DC and Mr Chicago would like to have a word with you.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Is this why the places with the toughest gun control ordinances have such low crime rates? Places like DC, Chicago, California...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
High Five Sheriff !

I'm all for owning a gun as long as you know how to use it and not start shooting anyone that comes close to you or you think is trying to hurt you. It can turn into a very irresponsible and deadly situation if a weapon like a gun is used.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
I understand the need to defend yourself but saying the solution to violence is firearms is like saying the solution to debt problems is to borrow more money.

Apples and oranges....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And that, friends and neighbors of the international community, sums up in a nutshell of why Americans are so rabid about their gun rights.

We've just got way too many crazy people, and we need that defense.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by doom27

I agree with this sheriff too. I think if every woman took a concealed firearm class, and learned how to use a gun, they would be much safer. If more honest citizens had one as well, it would make the streets a little safer, and criminals would probably think twice about bothering someone.

I would even be wary of using my corny pick up lines if I knew they where armed...

edit on 31-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by doom27

I would even be wary of using my corny pick up lines if I knew they where armed...

edit on 31-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

"Hey baby, you got any ammo?"
"Yes I do actually"
*Flexes arms*
"For these GU... oh # you really do, never mind, see you later!"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The more cars on the streets the more car related fatalities.

Well at least one of us is correct.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

if only EVERYONE was like you and I. If only everyone let everyone be and found harm and violence abhorrent. Unfortunatelt there are those who indulge in violence simply for its own sake and this is not something that will change without a massive overhaul of life itself and the controls and factors that breed psychopathy and other violent or destructive tendencies. Until that happens, I'd rather have a weapon ill never use that be unarmed and wishing in a different situation

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In the wake of F&Furious ( our govt selling illegal weapons to sadistic drug cartels) Im just curious as to who is going to protect you in the event of an armed criminal assaulting you, your govt? they ARMED them!

You do realize there are no statistics backing your claim, and in fact they show the exact opposite?

And in reply to your sig's question:
Who would you expect to stand up for you? Some one else, because without any defense, YOU sure wouldn't be standing up for very long.. I guess you could always peacefully protest the aliens right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Interesting a statement with out proof.

More cars on the street mean more drunk drivers behind the wheel.

More food in the stores mean more fat people.

More teachers in public schools mean smarter children, Ha

More money in circulation means more people with money in their pockets.

More doctors mean less sick people.

More people who care about the well being of others means less suffering.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When responsibility comes to play Guns are the top subject one should not have one unless they no how to use it.

Well I believe one should never drink booze until they have been to a year long class of following the drunks of the world and see the lack of responsibility they live.

We could go on to many subjects but not now.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Is it you Michael Bloomberg? Because you've been proven wrong again and again.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

explain Switzerland every male has at least an assault rifle (full autto i think) and they have very little if any gun crime and they are more or less neutral so they don't seem to be shooting to many people with guns in the last 100 years so that kinda takes care of that theory
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: to add linky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join