It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyOakland protests - Navyman stands Alone in tear gas.filled Police Firestorm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .

edit on 29-10-2011 by akapapasmurf because: well it appeared my previous comments were not acceptable

I am QUITE sure that if you check your own city, you could find the #OWS in your area. Let us know how well you 'stand' and if you still feel that they were 'scared rabbits'.
In fact I'll help you find your local chapter, just post your city, and I'll tweet the #OWS and find it for you. We need people to stand up, and it doesn't matter that it isn't your country it matters that it IS your planet!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by onehuman

The police look kind of pathetic..
Hopefully they are wondering why the hell they are there..

That sailor is just staring them out..

The police are just dogs. They just follow who ever that feeds them.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pistolerooo

Fine, let them court-martial him.

What have you done lately?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
You know, I cant help but wonder what some of those cops are standing there thinking while they look at him. I would think a couple of them had to of been in the service themselves. Must be a strange catch 22 for them.

More to the point, If I were a cop doing this to people who are wearing the uniform and are "currently serving", I'd be wondering about wheather or not the next person I am ordered to spray is sitting inside a Tank..lol

When uniforms start showing support, it's time for TPTB to worry, a lot!!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
More to the point, If I were a cop doing this to people who are wearing the uniform and are "currently serving", I'd be wondering about wheather or not the next person I am ordered to spray is sitting inside a Tank..lol

When uniforms start showing support, it's time for TPTB to worry, a lot!!

I don't want to come across as speaking against the armed forces, but first I don't understand why anybody would -want- to murder another human. Second I know a lot of people who have joined the armed forces and every single one of them that I know personally did so because they had no idea what to do with their lives and the army provided them with food and shelter (one of the biggest reasons I know for people joining) not because they wanted to be heroes. The day a foreign army marches on the soil of the US I will believe an armed forces member is fighting for my freedom. I know veterans that before joining the army were career criminals and drug users. These people aren't anything more than you or I just because they are or were in the armed services. I think scientists that come up with life saving advancements are far more honorable people than those who are payed to kill. The government will start worrying when millions of people march onto wall street instead of a manageable 20,000 at most. They'll start worrying when football fields full worth of people try to occupy congress.

Even as a government hating pacifist, the thought of joining a branch of the armed forces crossed my mind at least ONCE because of the financial state I am in/ not knowing wtf to do with my life.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
In my opinion this was a Iconic moment in the movement. This video along with Scot Olsen have put the movement on a whole different level. I love that his video shows peace and resistance against the police. very cool

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Even though I have a serious issue with the "Occupy" movement, I find this to be a very-very awe inspiring and impressive video. While watching the clip without volume, the scene speaks volumes in of itself. If you watch the expressions on the police, they have no idea on what to do next. They are standing there saying to themselves, "What the..?". I can just hear their thoughts in that moment.

Unfortunately, he is not in the military. He is wearing an earring in uniform, which is forbidden by the military dress code of conduct. My father was an admiral in the Navy.

It doesn't win me over, but it is an impressive sight to see.

edit on 10/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I reported a MASSIVE THEFT, had doc's, financial statements the works. Named the ISD Sheriff, the ISD Vice Principle, brother to the City Council member, the Judge, DA, The General Land office, School land board...I traced the money to the Texas Attny General and Governor Perry. Doc's with Signatures, their removal of Texas State Code 31.4.154 ..the whole damn works. Rep Paul's office sent me to the F.B.I...Texas Ranger Joe Harrleson, Brazoria County Judges (I actually spoke to each one personally, went down there and took the records with me, signatures and all) the list went on and on. I filed reports, answered questions...for two years. The theft never stopped they altered websites, pulled statutes, covered there asses and are now seizing Veterans homes with the same fraud game.
When there is no more Law, when there is not a single Sheriff, police or peace officer, not a Single Judge, not a single District Attorney or General Attorney, not even a Governor...that is not in on the game, or making money from it, then we are thrown back to 1215. Only the uprising of the People can stop this.
When the Vatican took over England in the Treaty of 1213, the situation of corruption and rape of the people and land got so bad the entire nation rose up and the revolt led to the Magna Carter, the Great Charter of 1215. We have the right, to get a Sheriff to issue a Warrant and with an armed body of at least 25 men, we have the right to arrest that corrupt individual even if he is a king.

The fact is, any negative view on the #OWS protesters comes from a point of view of the individual who is dumbed down to the point were they do NOT know what these people are actually doing. This is not really that individuals fault. They are completely unaware because these people are removing information and altering sealed documents. Unless you managed to copy said document (which I did) you can't prove to another person, their disbelief is so great, that these 'upstanding citizens' are committing a massive fraud. And even when you do have the proof, there is not one single person that will uphold the law or constitution left, in a position of public trust. The corruption is extremely deep, and systematic within not just our nation but every nation that has been incorporated.

edit on 30-10-2011 by YellowRoseTx51 because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ronfairness
reply to post by pistolerooo

Your idiocy doesn't even deserve a response. But who are you to judge someone that has put their life on the line for this country?

As a veteran I don't expect a civilian to dictate or even read my dictations to me. I know my laws and what can be stretched, so if I stretch any said dictations civilians should mind their own business. As long as I'm not hurting anyone. The brave deserve leniency.- My commander

well said
and I agree. Some things are so petty, and you have to be an idiot to enforce 'petty'.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

if only people were this determined when it was tiem to impeach bush...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
FOLKS !!!!! it's Sunday, Occupy your Church and ask God for graces to become a better people !

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have not read through this thread, but I would bet the man is attacked for wearing his uniform "by the anti OWS folks"

Like the "you cops you aint tough" Marine that was disrespected for punking out those cops in time square wearing his fatigues. Expect to see more service men especially after the attempted murder of a Marine by the police farce.

This man represents America to the teeth. He just stood there and was not even phased by the tear gas WOW! Impressive, yeah we always got the mace during basic training. I heard some precincts and Police Academy's were having officers maced so they would understand how miserable it is to get maced. The idea was they would perhaps hesitate to use mace or think twice about abusing authority. These cops all need to be maced several times, some be shot with rubber bullets until they know what it's like. Heck flash bang grenades, bet with batons and mag lite flash lights as well imho.

I have seen grown men scream like a kid when maced.

Those cops aint tough. That squid sure is though. It takes a MAN!
edit on 30-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Originally posted by Ronfairness
One brave man versus multiple chicken#s. This is what it has all come down to, and this is the calm before the storm.

This isn't brave!! Overseas, we have terrorists using human shields. Here we have protesters using uniform shields. Both have one thing in common...they HOPE the other side injures them or the "shield", because it can then be used for propaganda to further their cause. As in, "look what those infidels did!!!" Am I equating protesters to terrorists? NO! But I AM saying that they are resorting to the same tactics to make the other side look bad. Nothing but a manipulative way to gain your emotional response. Feel manipulated yet? You should!/

Comparing peaceful protesters to terrorists? WOW that's a stretch so they are wanting to be maced, shot with projectiles and possibly arrested? Give me a break, the police are in riot gear at a PROTEST!

FEAR THE HIPPIES FOLKS!

Brave....really? That's not brave. Brave would have been to stand there WITHOUT the uniform, as just another crazy protester who refused to move after being repeatedly told to do so.

OH he must be "crazy" because he believes in upholding the constitution, because he fought for his country and continues to do so now on his home soil? He takes pride in his uniform because it means something! I think you are mentally unfit with that statement. He should not have to move an inch, this land is my land this land is your land..... you know the song right? Maybe you forgot what it was about.

If they really wanted change with things that matter, they'd find a better and more effective way to do it, than to provoke their brothers in law enforcement, tasked with keeping the peace.

ORLY and how do you propose what that would be? I don't see you coming up with solutions? I see you disrespecting a man in uniform as well as the people who want change. He IS BRAVE and i would like to see you stand there in the tear gas without flinching! Sounds like you don't want change like the rest of the OWS critics IMHO. If there was another way it would involve violence unlike TERRORISTS. We choose to use peace, sounds like a crazy concept huh?
Provoking the police really? Anyone that tries to kill a unarmed marine or even a civilian for practicing his amended rights is NOT my brother. The police farce are nothing but dogs serving the masters. Give a dog a bone, some scraps he will do anything. Even fight his own "brother" in a dog fight.

Keeping the peace with rubber bullets, flash bang grenades and tear gas LOL

Yet ANOTHER former military member who is not active duty...most likely a military hater too. How do I know this? Because he's sporting a big, fat earring in his ear. Not to mention the fact that he's wearing a uniform.

He wears a "ear ring" he must hate the military? WOW talk about shooting any credibility you might have had all to hell! So if one is discharged at some point he is somehow "against" the service because he no longer wishes to serve? I wear an ear ring once in a while and I served as well so i must hate the Military too... this is news to me lol

Yes the ear ring is secret code lol

EPIC FAIL OF LOGIC!

Do people not understand that if these folks loved their service to their country so much, they'd never do this? This is clearly a smear campaign on the military itself, to create disunity. I wouldn't be surprised if these folks were hired plants, purposely paid to do this.

So Wall Street is the Military? The Banks, the FED as well? LMFAO

Stop allowing your emotions to be manipulated so easily....unless you enjoy being a puppet. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for the majority of the people here to watch with indifference, and just OBSERVE with caution. None of you know the whole story or who is behind what. That alone should make all of you want to proceed with extreme caution.

So we are all puppets, yes the powers that be have manipulated us in to protesting them... ahh yes so much to gain from social disdain, people quitting their banks, reminding people that they robbed them hahahaah. yeah we dont know the whole story yet you do? In character assassination of a man standing there in some footage... yeah right Yes makes perfect sense...

If you are clinically insane!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by caveman242
I really dont think he is in the military...ear rings...not allowed IAW Navy/Army Reg. Seems to me someone went to the Army & Navy Surplus store and got a uniform. Anyone who has been in the military can spot a fake in a second. I call fake!

Yeah and a lot of people were saying the same thing about this guy, turns out they were WRONG!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The squid is probably no longer active. So I would not keep your fingers crossed. But I am sure there will be plenty more service men and former service men for you to blindly assume/attack in the near future of OWS.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

Agreed,tyranny is everywhere now in the western world. And do you know what makes me angry, its that people are afraid of their governments, they have the attitude of, "if I say something they might come and take me away and I will go missing". Well you cant live in fear people, fear is no good, its time to stand up for our kids, what kind of generation would leave a tyrannical government in place for our children to inherit.

If I am one of those that will disappear, then so be it, but I will fight as best I can. Otherwise whats the point in life?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Recall how they just "discovered" how John Olsen (marine who got shot by tear gas canister) started the website "ihatemarines.com." Really original and believable story, correct?

How long until they "discover" this man created a website called "ihatethenavy.com"?

web.archive.org...://www.ihatethemarinecorps.com/
From reading the comments it sounds like a case of being disgruntled bitter with the treatment he received while serving as well as others. Basically a place to bitch and moan about the Marines, for Marines by Marines. I could go on a bit about things i hated about the Army sure and have a flame war. He might have hated the branch? But not fellow marines. Maybe he/they killed innocent civilians under orders and he has a good reason. After all a lot of these guys had to have family and friends back home buy bullet proof vests during the war... Look what the Army did with Pat Tillman, im sure he would have some unflattering things to say about the Army if he were alive, how about Bradley Manning?

There are some very F'ed up things about the Military in all branches... Olsen was a Marine loved it or hated it that changes nothing. He wore his fatigues so he obviously had taken some pride in it. I would rather hear it from the horses mouth maybe he can explain why he hated the Marines "if that is the same John Olsen" at all. May not even be the same guy.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
When I saw that young man, I cryed.

I am so proud of him for standing up for what he believes is right. I don't care what Coiuntry anyone is from everyone should be proud of their Country.

We all need to stand together as a Human Race and put an end to the few bad greedy monsters.

They are few............. we are many.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.dailykos.com...

Seeing the Navy man stand up to the Police was very inspiring. Whether he's active or Vet, I think he speaks for a lot of Veterans myself included. I would add that the young Woman was just as brave and inspiring in my eyes but the Navy uniform probably had a bigger impact on the Police. We are all struggling with ignorance and this is exactly the type of action that opens hearts and minds. God bless the brave souls at these OWS movements.

I thought the included link was relevant to the thread as the guy claiming to be part of the 53% movement is a Veteran and seems to share a lot of views with the OWS haters on ATS. This letter expresses my views better than I could ever with my own limited skills.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Mourninwoody because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by Mourninwoody because: I'm not very computer savy.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

On ATS. your kidding right! I stand, corrected, in my opinion with regards to this Navy veteran being ridiculed and criticised, for standing, with the protestors.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

This is the first i have seen someone standing behind the constitution.
To me that's the biggest story here.It gives the people the power to hold leaders accountable and gives a structure to be a strong country again.It's just a matter of everyone willing to hit the reset button using the constitution.

I get the feeling that ows doesn't want to restore america using the constitution.If that's the case then this guy is a true renegade.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Beautiful thread, Its very compelling and it also saddens me to no end because of what our military has gone through, past, present and future, Im a combat veteran, I served numerous deployments in places where I was trying to be killed and it breaks my heart to see our people here who are serving and have served that are here to protest and the other protesters who have no served to be treated this way, THIS IS OUR GODARN RIGHT TO PROTEST AND SOMEBODY IS MESSING WITH THAT RIGHT, To me this only strenghtens the cause of this sailor and im wishing I could find a local OWS and be heard.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join