It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyOakland protests - Navyman stands Alone in tear gas.filled Police Firestorm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I know there are a ton of ows threads, but I just found this so moving I had to post it.

This is a video of one lone Navy man (sailor) standing alone amid all the firing of police tear gas. He is also holding his flag, as well as the Constitution.

I will note that another woman has also taken a yoga position as well. The contrast of service man and the woman in a yen like state amid the tear gas, surrounded by the police is, if anything, a very artful unplanned statement in my humble opinion.

Again, just thought it needed to be shared.

edit on 29/10/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .

edit on 29-10-2011 by akapapasmurf because: well it appeared my previous comments were not acceptable

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
get the feeling its the calm before the storm..
As more start to stand up to the tyrany of the state..
S+F

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So much for the right to peaceful assembly.... shooting tear gas into a small handful of people who weren't acting the least bit violent.

What's the state so afraid of - that more people will wake up to the fact that this country has undergone a fascist takeover by the most powerful of it's elite?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i still can't believe this is like Vietnam all over..except there protesting banks now.
Definitely a few hippies out there..

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That Navy guy has been gassed before just like all the new recruits. It is a nasty thing having your eyes burn and your nose running endlessly, but it won't kill you.

I applaud this guy and his resolve. I am surprised you were able to post this here since most of the content is skewed the opposite way. I am sure there will be some professional anti-ows bloggers finding fault with his actions and ways to demonize him as a person or the entire movement for that matter.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You know, I cant help but wonder what some of those cops are standing there thinking while they look at him. I would think a couple of them had to of been in the service themselves. Must be a strange catch 22 for them.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The police look kind of pathetic..
Hopefully they are wondering why the hell they are there..

That sailor is just staring them out..

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Wow, full dress uniform, a peaceful posture, a flag and a copy of the constitution? SnF! And a meditator too? It doesn't really get much more peaceful than that, does it?
Thanks for posting.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Am I the only who has picked up on the fact there have been dozens of protests globally in the so called arab spring, where the protesters suddenly become armed to the teeth with top grade weaponary and the ability to call in their mates from nato who heroically bomb 1000's of families for them,

Yet America is the most heavily armed nation on earth, and not one outbreak of insurgency/murder!

Stay strong America, your change is coming and the imposter in the whitehouse will fall along with all his backers and blackmailers!

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Im glad you folks are liking this. I was a bit reluctant to add yet another ows thread, but I really did think this deserved to be viewed. I hope more see it actually, because it does show a bit of a different side or at least a side one can be very proud of, outside of the tear gas of course. That made them look a little silly really.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

They sure seem to enjoy firing their shotguns eh?

The wild grin of excitement strewn across their little piggy faces as they buck at US Citizens.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Im not so sure I saw any wild grins, it seemed a bit more to me like some were sort of deer in headlights, and other appeared to be somewhat contemplative. Im sure there were a couple that just really didn't want to be there having to do that, much less have to look at a full dressed Sailor with the constitution in his hand, standing with true honor. On that point I would at least like to think so anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That Navy man is a true Soldier,standing up for his civilian brothers and sisters with his uniform on.
Respect to him.

These next few weeks are going to be make or break I think.
This is a big situation,these protests are global now,tptb will be looking for a swift way out of this.
And we know from past events-they will stop at nothing to retain the pro quo.
Another 10 million dead in a world war?Why not they say,or maybe they hit the reset button-they release a bio weapon and blame it on AQ or China or whoever.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Brace yourselves for the haters coming in criticizing this Navy Veteran.

He was the guy who stood next to Scott Olson, before he was injured.

He has my respect and admiration for standing up for what he believes in.

And here is the footage of this Navy Veteran and Scott Olson standing together.

edit on 29-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Perhaps just for once, the haters may have a hard time attacking One Man standing by his Own Honor. If not, it is a very very sad day. Thanks ofr posting that video, I saw that myself.
I just thought showing how it basically ended after all others had fled would be good to see.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it.

If you have a camera, go there and show us how brave you are. Meantime.....cheap talk.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
ahh .. it seems the rest of the protestors have ran away .. brave people i might add ,, a few cans of tear gas and they run like a bunch of scared rabbits how in the hell do they expect to take back the country for the people if they are not willing to fight for it. one will never understand , kudos to the sailor i'd stand too just because what is happening is tyranical and it aint even my country .

edit on 29-10-2011 by akapapasmurf because: well it appeared my previous comments were not acceptable

Are you uneducated, uninformed, or simply an imbecile?

It's well known a tear gas canister fired at close range can cause a skull fracture, swelling of the brain, and loss of speech.

How is that well known?

It happened a couple blocks away from where this picture was taken, at the same damn protest! Yet they are scared rabbits. Easy to say from behind your computer monitor.

So what were you doing to fight corruption, and help help the cause of humanity while these protesters were standing up to a militarized attack from the police force?
edit on 29-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

They sure seem to enjoy firing their shotguns eh?

The wild grin of excitement strewn across their little piggy faces as they buck at US Citizens.

See mob mentality doesn't exclude police officers. Stick one uniformed officer with that crowd I bet he doesn't shot anything at the crowd. Police is Americans largest gang. They do what they want when they want. They stand behind their badges and have spray off codes out of a law book that says they can shot tear gas etc at un-armed citizens. If they shot them cans at me I would throw them back. This country is going to H*LL in a hand basket.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
You know, I cant help but wonder what some of those cops are standing there thinking while they look at him. I would think a couple of them had to of been in the service themselves. Must be a strange catch 22 for them.

I was thinking the same thing when the camera panned them. I couldn't do it. I could not stand there like that just looking. I would cross the barrier and stand with the people and for our constitution. However, thankfully I would not find myself in that position. I already stand with the people on the side of our constitution and our rights.
edit on 29-10-2011 by AlomaRa because: typo

<<   2  3  4 >>

join