It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Nov. 9th. What would you do IF our Pres. doesn't return power to networks during emergency syste

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Destinyone

How would I know what was going on. Would I still be able to use other means of communication, like cellphone, land lines, internet. Or, could these be cut off too....I don't know

I find myself thinking what would I do. I live in a rural area. Would I get in my car and go check in with the nearest town to get a gauge of what is happening. I'm pretty well set up for a SHTF situation....but I'm not ready for it to happen now, mentally that is.

I got to test my feelings on that situation last year.
A large tractor/truck ripped out a bunch of power lines, leaving a wide area with no power. Our electric company always has a recorded message telling us what has happened, so I went to phone it. No phone. Our phone lines are all under ground, so it was odd that the phone was out at the same time.
Being very rural, I have no cell phone service here, so I got in my truck to head towards town to get service to find out what happened. No service where it usually kicks in.
I had to go all the way into town to find out that there was a glitch in the phone company that knocked out all cell phone and regular phone service at the SAME TIME as the power was off. All the businesses that were able to stay running were doing all transactions by paper.

Just before getting into town, I was starting to wonder "is this it? Am I wasting gas?"

What a weird feeling it was. I didn't feel ready either, and it was a good test for how I will feel if TSHTF.

Thanks for letting me know what happened with you. I too live in a rural area. We just got spotty cell phone coverage not too long ago. Only one carrier to boot. But, it's a great little old school community. I feel safe up here.

It's one of those old mountain communities, when a really bad person ends up dead...the locals say "he needed killin"...

But,. I worry about family and friends in heavily populated areas, should something bad happen. If I couldn't get in touch with my Daughter, I know, I would be loading my car, and heading out.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I guess I'd stop watching TV and save $100/mo. on my DirecTV bill.

Of coarse I'd miss watching American Horror Story and The Walking Dead series' but I'm sure I could catch those shows online somewhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
hey everybody,i am feeling alittle jumpy about this test,which in truth might not be something to worry about,but i really don't understand why they have to shut down televison and radio broadcast,are they preparing us for something? we have this test all the time

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Absolute power corrupts, absolutely."

This is a PRESIDENTIAL control switch...one man has the power...and only that one man. Control the information, control the populace.

Somewhere Hugo Chavez is doing a 'facepalm' (why didn't I think of that?)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Also which i could be wrong,have to check with my grandaughter,i think at least here in my town the kids have a early out day on November the 9th.Yes the paranoid is coming out of me

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Go fishing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

As long as that spam can of 7.62 isn't Bear or Wolf, that will be ok my friend

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
"Absolute power corrupts, absolutely."

This is a PRESIDENTIAL control switch...one man has the power...and only that one man. Control the information, control the populace.

Somewhere Hugo Chavez is doing a 'facepalm' (why didn't I think of that?)

My concern, if that control switch is flipped, everything would be kind of OK for the first day....then a hell of a lot of people would be getting in cars to go and find family/friends, and to see what is happening.

The first 3-4 road blocks might not shake too many folks up....but come day 3, all hell's gonna break loose. Looting would be totally out of control. Day 5 would make Katrina look like kindergarten.

I don't see how Oblabla could do it...but, then I don't think he is sane

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, after reading this: www.fema.gov...

I have gone into hiding. This does sound like a power move by TPTB! I mean, for 3 and one half minutes we will suffer through an EAS message stating, "THIS IS A TEST!" Yeah, right! Test my left buttock!

It's obviously an anagram for, "Atheists Sit" or A Theist Sits!" Those monsters! And what of the timing? 9/11/2011. 9+1+1+2+0+1+1= 15!!!! 15/3.5=4.28!!!! What does it mean, I don't know as I'm not a FreeMason!!!

I leave you with these haunting words from the FEMA website:

"FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards."

I just got a chill, did you?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Im going out on a limb here even though this isnt a prediction thread.

I predict it wont work right and they will break things even worse tying to fix it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by Feltrick

As long as that spam can of 7.62 isn't Bear or Wolf, that will be ok my friend

Only sweet Russian Military Surplus goes through my Mosin. Love those corrosive primers!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The test will be a genuine emergency alert that the president himself doesn't know yet. It will likely be a combination of the Yu-55 asteroid going to hit the Antlantic Ocean, but grossly overhyped, and martial law.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I didn't know they were using a "code" as if it is a REAL emergency...how many folks are going to get caught off guard with that one. I'm liking this less and less

First FCC/FEMA Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test

The November 9 test will utilize a “live” national alert code, i.e., a coded message that will make it appear as an actual emergency announcement, not a test. This is necessary in order to allow FCC and FEMA to test the actual working order of EAS equipment and the state of readiness of EAS operators and participants.

www.woodcolepc.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
dictatorship takes HOLD until the 11-11 change??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I checked FEMA and FCC sites.

Both say the test is at 2PM EST.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
I checked FEMA and FCC sites.

Both say the test is at 2PM EST.

Thanks for the clarification. There were conflicting hours posted on several sites.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This isn't really CNN's fault IMO, and although I don't like them, I refuse to take cheap-shots and use this against them. ONLY if the text was huge and very legible should they have noticed. Maybe I am wrong, but that's what I feel.

To whomever mentioned the cartel's submarines, some of those are pretty cool, design-wise. I love submarines, and even tried to build one once. The fact that I am still alive does NOT mean that I succeeded btw, it just means I took my maiden voyage in a very shallow area.

Those guys who operate the subs, and usually own them, make about 1M USD per trip, so that's about 250K USD per person for the better designed subs, which carry 4 people.

wat

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If it didn't come back after 3 mins? Let's see...I could start on that novel I always wanted to write and every time I try I am either caught by TV or ATS...

Let's see:
"It was a nice wednesday evening and all was well until that national emergency alert test came on. Soon to be discovered is that it was not a test at all, but an emergency being made by said test. The alert tone was a warbling of a pitch that was quite unfamiliar, and I could have sworn I heard an undercurrent of speech. At the time of this alert, so many young folks tuned into their smart phones, texting and talking and watching video on the go. They heard the tone as well. And responded to it. Much like the old conspiracy theory of the Manchurian Candidate, they lost their own reality and went into action that had somehow been pre-programmed into their young minds and like mindless wild creatures from a bad zombie movie began attacking their fellow man. I didn't know it at that time but this carried beyond the borders of my US homeland into Canada and Mexico, creating an entire contintent of chaos."

Not bad eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

3 min. is along time when you don`t know what is going on...30 sec. is the alert time for normal test ..why 3 min.? what is going on that there not telling ...when the trade towers fell we were having drills on the same type thing..when the train station was bombed they were there doing a drill.. now a 3 min test nation wide. or is it a test?
makes me wonder and with yu55 coming by right before on the 8th-9th and the ALCHEMY EVENT METAMORPHOSIS 11.11.11 alchemyevent.com...
I don`t know but I think I`d have me ear to the wall.. somethings up and were the last to find out... [My Opinion]
No fear to be taken ..just an opinion.
edit on 10/27/11 by awcgs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As I was reading this, I thought about some of the things that have happened in the last few years would that bring in this type of thing:
1. Doing away with analog tv and converting to digital (june 12, 2009)
2. I believe now, the only way to get digital tv is through digital converter boxes, cable and satellite.
It would make perfect sense for them to do away with the old and bring in this type of thing in order to control the tv, and at any time to turn it off, or make announcements on a nationwide scale. (I keep thinking antichrist, and how a one world ruler could use this type of control, but then, I suppose any dictator could use it.) anyway, I don't watch much tv, so Im not sure how it would affect me, however if the internet were shut down, I might just go into withdrawals and DT's..
seriously though, hopefully this is only a test, as they say. Im sure many people will be keeping an eye out for things on that day. I suppose it could be a trigger in more ways than one.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join