It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Nov. 9th. What would you do IF our Pres. doesn't return power to networks during emergency syste

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
With everything happening in the news now, on OWN. I'm beginning to have some concerns over this Nationwide 3 minute "blackout" of communications. I can't help but wonder,what would I do, if the 3 minute test....just doesn't end.

Prepare, Plan, Stay Informed

On November 9 at approximately 2 p.m. WSET will participate in a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System. It will be seen on broadcast, cable and satellite television and will be heard on all radio stations.

This test will last for approximately three minutes and then return viewers and listeners to regularly scheduled programming. The national EAS is a public alert and warning system that enables the president of the United States to address the public during extreme emergencies.

As the Federal, State, tribal, territorial and local governments prepare for and test their capabilities, this event serves as a reminder that everyone should establish an emergency preparedness kit and emergency plan for themselves, their families, communities, and businesses.

Visit easalert.org or fema.gov for more information .

How would I know what was going on. Would I still be able to use other means of communication, like cellphone, land lines, internet. Or, could these be cut off too....I don't know

I find myself thinking what would I do. I live in a rural area. Would I get in my car and go check in with the nearest town to get a gauge of what is happening. I'm pretty well set up for a SHTF situation....but I'm not ready for it to happen now, mentally that is.

I would be freaking out if I couldn't get in tough with my Daughter in another State.

Is there anyone else who has these disconcerting thoughts running amuck in their minds.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What if the black out has something to do with the "aircraft carrier" sized asteroid passing between the earth and moon on nov 9th?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Celebrate?

Why do we need this constant mind control and brainwashing being beamed into our brains

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
it made me wonder if they're turning stuff off to protect it during an emp. i'm probably wrong, but can't help wondering.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

it made me wonder if they're turning stuff off to protect it during an emp. i'm probably wrong, but can't help wondering.

A device doesn't need to be on for an EMP to damage it, it merely needs to contain a microchip and circuit board, which almost every device on earth has. As long as it's within range of the EMP, it will be fried.

If people are honestly concerned, get a transistor radio or even a hand crank radio, that will still work.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I checked on easalert.org, and it doesn't say anything about telephone (land line or cellular) or internet.

I doubt they would kill the internet because there is too much business conducted on that medium (bill pays, purchases, stock market transaction). I doubt they would kill the phone system due to emergency calls.

I have seen quite a few "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System" tests in my time, complete with that annoying, ear-splitting sound, but it was always at the local level and only for a minute.

Now they are taking it nationwide, for three minutes. I'm not sure why they want to take it up a notch, but since I don't trust anything the government does, it concerns me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd go ask him personally.. along with 1.5 million of my closest friends.

seriously, Id probably grab the BOB and head out for safe ground.
That would cripple the economy and signal the end.

link   
That is something they would do to create confusion for sure.
Not sure if we are having the same test in Canada, I can't find much on the topic.

As for what I would do, I'm not sure too much. Keep in close contact with family and the trunk packed and hunt for information.

link   
I guess I'd cancel my cable and switch to Hulu.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Fire up my "old" yaesu frg 7700 communication receiver on the desk here and scour the "ham" bands(0-30mhz) for information( chatter).... "they" don't physically control hf radio (ham).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'd shut the power off in my house, tack up a sign reading, "The droids you are looking for are not here." and feast on Slim Jim's and scotch while listening to the Red Army Choir sing God Bless America on my iPhone.

It would be like any other normal night, so I guess my routine wouldn't change much. I would also open the 2 spam cans of 7.62x54r just to do something different...

What a sad lonely life....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

On November 9 at approximately 2 p.m. WSET will participate in a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System. It will be seen on broadcast, cable and satellite television and will be heard on all radio stations.

Not sure what time zone you are in Destinyone, but I just saw a PSA on the television last night that said the test would be 6 p.m. EST for the folks on the East coast.

Kind of strange timing right during "prime-time" news IMO.

If you are not on the west coast, this is kind of strange time-lapsing...

edit on 27-10-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It'll come back. There's no way the gov would risk the population tuning out of their idiot past times.

If it didnt I'd just fire up the ham radio and see what the chatter is.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Q: "On Nov. 9th. What would you do IF our Pres. doesn't return power to networks during emergency system?"
A: "Barricade myself in my Secret Underground Bunker and watch all the Romero movies back to back."

ETA: Except "Survival Of The Dead". It was just plain awful.
edit on 10/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Edit To Add

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Are the going to shut off internet and phones too so nobody can communicate so the can pass another law to control us. A new law with out telling the people of the corporation states of America. They have already done that PATRIOT act. NO body Knows what is in it. IS the supper committee going to jam something else up are ass. What are the trying to hide now. The lies and more lies from the top to bottom are sure getting old

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

46, I wish you were my next door neighbor, because when tshtf you and the other ham operators will be the only people on the air. It will be the first thing they take control of, free speech might exist on a local level, but the 'airwaves' will be silent. Only 'big brother' will be talking.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

Not sure what time zone you are in Destinyone, but I just saw a PSA on the television last night that said the test would be 6 p.m. EST for the folks on the East coast.

Kind of strange timing right during "prime-time" news IMO.

If you are not on the west coast, this is kind of strange time-lapsing...

edit on 27-10-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

Exactly! Why not in the middle of the night, not during prime time news for my time zone. I will admit it...I am concerned. IF something nefarious did go down, I'm in a rural area....but, how would densely packed city folk take to
a potential martial law situation.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This isn't really CNN's fault IMO, and although I don't like them, I refuse to take cheap-shots and use this against them. ONLY if the text was huge and very legible should they have noticed. Maybe I am wrong, but that's what I feel.

To whomever mentioned the cartel's submarines, some of those are pretty cool, design-wise. I love submarines, and even tried to build one once. The fact that I am still alive does NOT mean that I succeeded btw, it just means I took my maiden voyage in a very shallow area.

Those guys who operate the subs, and usually own them, make about 1M USD per trip, so that's about 250K USD per person for the better designed subs, which carry 4 people.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Why not in the middle of the night? Why at 6pm EST? Maybe so they'll have a larger audience that will see what an emergency broadcast looks like. Maybe so it can happen in connection with a news broadcast. Maybe so, when a real emergency happens people will have a better understanding of what this is. Seriously, has everyone forgotten that we used to have these all the time?

Maybe there are no conspiracies, only theorists?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Hi Jiggy....is this the right thread for your post. It's a really cool post, but I can't wrap my brain around it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join