It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FA-18 Fighter In Iraqi Airspace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

A Mig outperforming an FA-18 Marine Corp fighter jet? Sir, do you have any idea what that plane is capable of in the hands of the most highly trained jet fighter pilots in the world?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
no wonder the US is collapsing as it is
You all spend so much time giving hi fives and patting each other on the back that you fail to see what is happening under your own noses.

It has been mentioned many times that the story is rubbish yet the high 5's continue.

you may have the most advanced everything on the planet except humility

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reminds me of this little fable .

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy
aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities
off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio
conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on
10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to
avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the
North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15
degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,
divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND
LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE
ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS
SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES
NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR
COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

How many live fire fights have you been in?

Eight years of war with Saddam should be enough to learn about war and fire fights.

Mine were deployed in a # box desert exchanging gunfire with "young lions", standing up for my country

You have wasted your life and afterlife invading other countries and starting wars and doing as TPTB and Zionist lobbydictates you

great men are lost on both sides and there is a shame and honor in that combined.

Shame is on the invader and honor is for the defender as my common sense tells me.

I know that America and Arab countries imposed 8 years of war on Iran. They thought that Iran is weak in army after Islamic Revolution.

But they learned that Iran is not that weak and Iranian are ready to defend.

Young lions are controlled and they don't invade , they defend.

I am American because I believe in our ideas

What are your ideas ? Supporting Elites and oppressing the poor ? or being a slave for Zionist lobby ?

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

US army has invaded Iraq for digging the oil and spending taxes on Stupid war . You ignore it ? and the you say that your United States aircraft was doing the right thing , even in Iraqi soil?

And then you say :

you talk like you know me.

Of course , I don't know you but I know you by the words you chose and the sentences you make.

WARMS MY HEART.......

Your heart is warm as a US aircraft is maneuvering in Iraq soil and is invading Iranian airspace.

There are some facts that can not be kept hidden by the curtains of doubt and illusion :

1.Afghan people are suffering.
2.Iraqi people are suffering.
3.US invaded Iraq.
4.US invaded Afghanistan.
5.Saddam invaded Iran.
6.US supported Saddam in war against Iran.
7.US navy attack Iranian civil airplane.

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Iran Air Flight 655 (IR655) was a civilian jet airliner shot down by U.S. missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War. The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2-203 operated by Iran Air, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children,ranking it ninth among the deadliest disasters in aviation history

It was the highest death toll of any aviation incident in the Indian Ocean and the highest death toll of any incident involving an Airbus A300 anywhere in the world. Vincennes was traversing the Strait of Hormuz, inside Iranian territorial waters, and at the time of the attack IR655 was within Iranian airspace

However, the United States has never admitted responsibility, nor apologized to Iran

source

8.US dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan.

9. American ordinary people are paying taxes to US govt to invade other countries and multinational corporations take the beneficiaries.

If you feel that I am unjust in my comparison , provide some facts against Iran and then send it for me.

edited :

standing up for my country

You were just standing for TPTB - The Power That Be . The fact tastes bitter.

edit on 26/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

so the Iranians were the bullies in this story and the US was simply letting them know they wont be bullied

And you believe it like you believed the fairy tales your mom was telling you.

you can easily go into Iraq to arrest some stupid American brats

Of course , The hikers - not spies - were much worthy. Because they were American
. So , Iranian stupids , took the risk to arrest some innocent hikers.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

The Irianian Air Force thinks they have a chance

If thats the loadout of the actual F/A-18 shes good to go, probably could take on a full squadron. I can see the Iranians scrambling probably Mig-29s only to see them exploded seconds after taking off. Hell if it was me a threat like that would cost them their control tower.

How many wingmen did he have with him?

S/F

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What country do you live in...and exactly how many of those eight years of war with Saddam were you a combatant standing up for your liberties?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

And what facts do you have to support this? Granted the Mig-29 has a higher thrust to weight ratio than the F/A-18C model but the upgraded E model(Super Hornet) will outperform just about everything out there short of a F-22. Pains me to say because im an F-15C Eagle fan. The mirage linage of french fighters are decent aircraft but the models Iran owns are not in all the great of shape due to lack of parts, they no longer posess working F-14s for the same reasons.
The only pilots in the world that go through the same intense training that US pilots go through is Israel. Now i dont get into all the politics and such of this country but i do admire their AirForce and the missions it pulled off over the years.

Besides nothing would even get into visual range of an F-18 of any model without being greeted by an AIM-120 AMRAAM missle, and the AIM-120D model of this missle has a 30+ mile range over the R-77 which is probably the best a2a missile one could buy, its russian.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

The mans got a point.

You talk about standing up for your country....WHILE IN A DESERT IN SOMEONE ELSES COUNTRY.

I cannot see the logic. I am sorry. I agree with the Iranian. War is pointless and nowadays it is only to further the agenda of the elite. Heck, if you dig deep enough WWI and WWII were probably as well. You are merely a paid mercenary for the bankers. Have all the pride you want but in the end, once you look in the mirror and realise what you have been forced to do, and why, you will probably put a gun against your head just like so many of your servicemen and pull that trigger.

What are the current suicide numbers in the US Military? Guilt is a terrible emotion to have to deal with.

War is foolish. The western world wants to be the global police but most people do not realise the people pulling the strings have no interest in peace. No interest in saving innocent people.

You guys can battle it out but in the end you both lose.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Iran Air Flight 655 (IR655) was a civilian jet airliner shot down by U.S. missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War. The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2-203 operated by Iran Air, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children,ranking it ninth among the deadliest disasters in aviation history

It was the highest death toll of any aviation incident in the Indian Ocean and the highest death toll of any incident involving an Airbus A300 anywhere in the world. Vincennes was traversing the Strait of Hormuz, inside Iranian territorial waters, and at the time of the attack IR655 was within Iranian airspace

However, the United States has never admitted responsibility, nor apologized to Iran

source

So why did Iran put the F-14 transponder on the Airbus? The Vincennes fired at an aircraft with an F-14 transponder. Makes you wonder.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Source for those big claims?

At least Gaddafi had the balls to pay compensation to the victims of Lockerbie and that may have been retaliation by Iran, not Libya.

Seems the US Govt. is still feeling for the supposed pair between their legs.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Listen sheep,

violations of other nations' airspace and even the invasion of other countries by the US happen in the name of corporations not in the name of patriotism.
Wake up already.

Ko3

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

So... by being an American, I am the bad guy. By paying taxes I support the war?

I pay taxes because i do not want to go to jail, or lose my house. I have kids to raise, life to live.

Do I agree with war... No!

Iran is a beautiful place, the people deserve technology and a decent chance at living. I've said this time and time again. But, as people on here attack Americans because our government is "questionable" is great, it's the hatred you are creating back. Most Americans don't give two craps about Iran, Iraq, Afgan, etc... It is our corrupt political powers. And despite the theories, we can't shake them... for they are too powerful even in their own country.

So all I can say to you my new friend, is trust that all Americans aren't bad... in fact the majority of us just want to live in peace. I hope one day I am able to view the majestic wonders of Iran without fear of being arrested as a spy because I'm an American.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The US paid compensation.

Wikipedia
In 1996, the United States and Iran reached "an agreement in full and final settlement of all disputes, differences, claims, counterclaims" relating to the incident at the International Court of Justice.[5] As part of the settlement, the United States agreed to pay US$61.8 million, an average of $213,103.45 per passenger, in compensation to the families of the Iranian victims. However, the United States has never admitted responsibility, nor apologized to Iran.[6]

Iran Air Flight 655

I am currently away from my home for the next few days and will post more info on the F-14 transponder when I return.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonpoet
reply to post by hmdphantom

So all I can say to you my new friend, is trust that all Americans aren't bad... in fact the majority of us just want to live in peace. I hope one day I am able to view the majestic wonders of Iran without fear of being arrested as a spy because I'm an American.

Peace.

True. But you see... ppl hate governments, ppl dont hate ppl... but unfortunately since people cant touch governments, they look at the regular people as the representation of those governments - people are reachable. Iranians dont hate americans... they hate what americans represent. And maybe if the american government stopped its war mongering attitude, stopped taking other people's countries, you wouldnt be frowned upon by being an american. Want to blame someone, blame your own government that is making you look bad and be hated by more than half of the world population. And if someone wants to take his revenge for the US bombing that killed his children, he wont shoot your government, he will shoot you cause you carry with you the weight of your nation's crimes.

I've seen my share of crap and watched the funniest things sometimes... a jew can live with palestinians in peace... until they know hes a jew, then he stops being a "nice guy, regular human being" and starts to be the "face of the devil, representation of all evil israel does"... I've seen americans and iraqis getting along just fine, when out of that particular setting or situation...

I hope one day, civilians and soldiers wake up and turn on their governments for treating them as meat to the grinder, simple tools to accomplish their own desires for power and wealth with no respect what so ever for the lives they're sending into the grinder... because governments never pay their dues.. its always the mother or the son who gets blown up in a bus going to school, not hillary clinton, obama, rumsfeld or sharon... those are the untouchables. At least for now...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reminds me of this little fable .

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy
aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities
off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio
conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on
10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to
avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the
North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15
degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,
divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND
LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE
ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS
SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES
NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR
COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call

I was just going to post this =)

Not true, but very believable.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why would this warm you heart?
How is this supposed to be a joke?
The only people that would laugh at this is 40 year old hillbillies.
edit on 10/26/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

So, where does your hatred stem from?

You mention hating what americans represent... freedom? Choice? What part.... And please refrain from the usual rhetoric... I want your opinion.

The world is no different now than in past ages, we just have better toys these days. I think you could agree with me that if we took religion off the charts, 90%+ of these wars wouldn't exist!

However, I actually am truly interested in YOUR views, not the made for tv garble I read day in and day out. Where are you from, what are your values, etc... We are all big talkers on this site, but inside, we are all the same my friend. My blood bleeds the same as you, I step with one foot at a time, as do you. I may not cfare for my governments actions, but sadly I am irrelevant in the big picture. My voice, my thoughts mean jack... the same however, goes for you. Any post on ATS is not going to change the world, maybe some 14 year old pot smoking kid, but not the critical people who NEED to see whats happening around them.

So I implore you, in your vast kingdom of thought... what do WE do to fix this? What is the step that shows my Government, your government, our people of Earth to say... We're tired of this game, Live and Let Be....

Always

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I spent 4 years working on the avionics on f18s. Half of the systems never work and is outdated. They keep adding new systems and they conflict with the old stuff running in the jet.. Lol its like looking at a ferrari..but the ferrari has a homemade electronics system inside...
. You wouldnt believe how old and stressed f18s really are.
. Time for the f-22 and f-35 to take the f18 out of commission. Ps, if they arent leaking theres something wrong

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 733t-MNKY

Agreed. I worked on Navy aircraft for a few years myself. I do have one question though. What makes you think that the Iranian Migs and Mirages are not suffering from their own maintaince problems?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join