It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Truth Makes Their Appearance At Occupy Vancouver

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Okay, I understand that it's inherently risky to try to engage you in rational discussion but I'm going to attempt it anyway.

Do you actually think that the Occupy events are attended by a majority who would self identify as 9/11 Truthers?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
reply to post by dillweed

Okay, I understand that it's inherently risky to try to engage you in rational discussion but I'm going to attempt it anyway.

Do you actually think that the Occupy events are attended by a majority who would self identify as 9/11 Truthers?
Very good question. Wouldn't hazard a guess as to percentages going in, what I'm optimistic about are the percentages coming out. This whole cluster f**k can't be good for the cover-up by the govt. of 9/11. I firmly believe than any sane person, shown the list of instances where the facts don't support the story, would come away changed, if they believed otherwise before. If your story was sound, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

I firmly believe than any sane person, shown the list of instances where the facts don't support the story, would come away changed, if they believed otherwise before.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I firmly believe than any sane person, shown the list of instances where the facts don't support the story, would come away changed, if they believed otherwise before.

Don't have the ability to post pics, so if you can just imagine the same pic, but instead his left thumb is inserted in his ass, and underneath it says "Dave"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Very good question. Wouldn't hazard a guess as to percentages going in, what I'm optimistic about are the percentages coming out.

Why though? I'm genuinely intrigued. It seems to me that these events have nothing to do with 9/11, apart from fairly transparent and shoddy attempts by Truthers to piggyback them for publicity.

I didn't invent the quote I mentioned earlier. The only person I saw at Occupy london who even mentioned 9/11 Truth did so in a disparaging manner.

I firmly believe than any sane person, shown the list of instances where the facts don't support the story, would come away changed, if they believed otherwise before. If your story was sound, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That's a common Truther trope but it's not one I can see any evidence for. The reverse, actually. You're a person who believed the internet would be effectively shut down last year, so your track record of judgement is demonstrably shaky at best. I'd hazard that it's as misapplied with regard to 9/11 as it was with matters of free speech.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me that OWS has an awful lot to do with 9/11. Aside from the loss of life associated with that day, we both know that certain rich people got quite a bit richer. I also consider most everyone attending these rallys candidates for conversion, if they were previously inclined toward the 'Popular Mechanics' explanation. Like I've been saying all along, you can't polish a turd.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well, it seems to me that OWS has an awful lot to do with 9/11. Aside from the loss of life associated with that day, we both know that certain rich people got quite a bit richer.

Can't disagree with that. However, whilst I think that people getting rich out of war should be at least near the forefront of Occupy, I also feel that 9/11 Truth can only serve to confuse and perhaps even frustrate any progress there. If you focus on nonsense you have less time and resources to devote to actually changing the way money is made from war.

I also consider most everyone attending these rallys candidates for conversion, if they were previously inclined toward the 'Popular Mechanics' explanation. Like I've been saying all along, you can't polish a turd.

But the question is whether the rallies are specifically concerned with 9/11. Obviously they are not. And since you seem to think that any sane adult is a candidate for "conversion" (interesting word choice) then the rallies are no more special than, say, the Superbowl audience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join