It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Truth Makes Their Appearance At Occupy Vancouver

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This would never fly in the U.S. for obvious reasons. However, this seems to be one of the larger gatherings for spreading the 911 truth message without getting swiftly arrested or detained.

Joshua's goal was to prempt the arrival of GWB and Dick Cheney with a dose of the truth...

Journalist Joshua Blakeney speaks at Occupy Vancouver.

edit on 23-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I do wish that he used more points than just the physics being impossible. Those are empty claims without backup evidence.

I support the notion of arresting Bush for war crimes, however. He perpetrated a lot of heinous acts in the name of "freedom." Hopefully he accidentally walks into Canada one day.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thanks for posting a thread that has some bearing on the discussion for a change. I think that as you say, outside the US will make the sledding a wee bit better, when it come to building a consensus. These things are anathema to 'the boys', and they''ll do everything in their power to discredit them. Truthers, and I count myself as one, will not go away until a new investigation takes place. Vancouver is way better than nowhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
Vancouver is way better than nowhere.

Vancouver is too cold, especially this time of year. I vote we hold the new independent under oath investigation with subpoena power in Barbados or some place like that. You guys are going to invite the debunkers too...Right ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
This would never fly in the U.S. for obvious reasons. However, this seems to be one of the larger gatherings for spreading the 911 truth message without getting swiftly arrested or detained.

Yes, this never would fly in the US...namely, the "Occupy" movement was to protest the current crippling economic conditions and the obscenely wealthy 1% that's causing it. It was never meant to be usurped by other political agendas, and the huge rank and file do not support these "9/11 is a false flag operation to take over the world" claims for the simple reason it makes their own serious movement look like a bunch of idiots by association. If the truthers attempted to infiltrate the NYC Occupy gathering in this same way they'd almost certainly be told to hit the road.

If the 9/11 conspiracy people want to wallow in their abject paranoia, that's one thing, but that does NOT give them the right to fling their abject paranoia onto other political movements the same way chimpanzees at the zoo fling their poo around. Their agenda to go out and infiltrate other political movements is de fact evidence that noone is really taking them seriously.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Dave, you and I both know that this gathering is the worst thing that's happened to 'your' side in ten years. Just because you label the OWS's cause noble, but 9/11 truthers not, doesn't make it so. When this is finally broken up, I guarantee that the majority of attendees who were unaware before, are well aware now. The sh*t you peddle smells so bad, that on first inspection it flunks the 'smell' test. Your veneer is beginning to crack, and I can see little slivers of light peeking thru. You're a 'one trick pony', whose career is coming to a close. Post while u can.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Dave, you and I both know that this gathering is the worst thing that's happened to 'your' side in ten years. Just because you label the OWS's cause noble, but 9/11 truthers not, doesn't make it so. When this is finally broken up, I guarantee that the majority of attendees who were unaware before, are well aware now. The sh*t you peddle smells so bad, that on first inspection it flunks the 'smell' test. Your veneer is beginning to crack, and I can see little slivers of light peeking thru. You're a 'one trick pony', whose career is coming to a close. Post while u can.

No, actually, it's just you who thinks this is supposedly "the worst thing that happens to my side". For one thing, "my side" is that I support what the OWS are doing because I can see right away our society is running headlong toward a brick wall. Once upon a time a single income could easily support a family. Now a family can barely make ends meet even by working three incomes, and it's can't NOT get worse. The Occupiers are rightly trying to do something about it before it's too late and it disgusts me how the truthers are behaving like a bunch of damned parasites trying to steal the credibility of the OWS movement to advance their own abject paranoia. I need to point out this was an OWS operation, not a 9/11 operation. If you want to convince people that armies of sinister secret agents are out to take over the world, form your own operation and leave the OWS out of it.

This is openly my position so any perception to the contrary is your own paranoid hallucination and yours alone, and I would appreciate it if you would declare it as such in the future.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by ANOK

What is your profession, if you don't mind my asking? Obviously, if we're only going to listen to experts in the field, then I have to know if you're an expert before I listen to another word you say.

I have a 2 year degree in engineering fundamentals (which included physics I&II), and a two year degree in mechanical drafting (so yes I can read blue-prints). I have worked industry most of my life, I was a jet engine mechanic in the Navy. I know mechanics, I know structures, I know steel, I know the relevant physics. I even took an anthropology class once
And I read, a lot. I don't work now btw I am disabled, thanks to my service.

I never claim to be an expert, but I know what I am talking about, and I can tell when someone else doesn't. The physics we are discussing are so basic a high school physics course should be enough to understand.

You are the ones who try to sound like experts because you read 911myths etc. You think what you're saying must be true simply because you have faith in the OS, not because you know what you're talking about. I am tired of debating people who think their 'opinion' is valid because it's their 'opinion'.

You have to ignore so many facts to believe the OS.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What are you smoking, man? We're not out to get you. I'm also a major supporter of OWS, and if I ever have the time, I'm going to join them.

Honestly, you seem to just be paranoid beyond belief that anyone who believes something different than you is evil. I get that you can't imagine someone not seeing the day as an absolute conspiracy to demolish the towers with explosives, but that doesn't mean everyone else sees it the same way. The way you're talking, you want to create a Truther regime who kills any dissenters. This is not a good thing. Look at yourself next time you start getting into the mob mentality of "kill the nonbelievers." Remember that we're all human, and remember what Hitler did for what it's worth. He believed that what he was doing was good and right, but was it?

Remember that you can always be wrong. I know I could be proven wrong. I welcome it. Don't act like you're standing on holy ground just because you are being opposed.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

"You have to ignore so many facts, to believe the official story"--- That is a true statement, that would hold up under the most severe judicial scrutiny. Each day, as we all strive to shine the light on the corruption, we grow stronger.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I see. Thanks for answering that, ANOK. I know that anonymity is one of those few treasured gifts that the internet supplies.

I admit, it does give you more credibility, but I still can't help but feel like you're missing something. Perhaps it is an over-simplification, or perhaps you are simply imagining the mechanics of the collapse wrong, but I just can't see it in the manner you present.

There is still acceleration between floors, and horizontal supports can't take strong vertical impacts. Then, not all connections would break, so there would be asymmetry in the collapse, and different parts would be bent and pulled rather than broken, so resistance will not be cut and dry.

Maybe I'm just being obtuse, but I just can't see it in the manner that you present.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As a supporter of both the 9/11 truth movement and the Occupy movement, it bothers me to see the former piggybacking on the latter. The Occupy movement is an inherently muddy group of ideas, most of which I think are noble in intent and capable of creating positive change in the world. Although I generally appreciate any opportunity to raise the visibility of 9/11 truth, I think in this case it confuses the goals of the Occupy movement and has the potential to turn people off from joining. I'd rather the issues stayed separate, as I think they're both important in their own right. And honestly, as much as I disagree with the debunkers here on the 9/11 questions, I don't want to lose their support of the Occupy movement because it becomes associated with the truth movement.

That's just my two cents, for what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

I can be wrong, but not about you. You are a 'card carrying' dis-info agent, hell bent on confusing and delaying our attempts at forcing a new investigation into the events os 9/11. I don't believe you are who you say, and have gained more disdain for you with every post. The gloves should be off by now anyway, so this is not done to provoke you, but to tell you that your point of view is simply not valid anymore. The time for convincing someone of your side is long gone, we need to start again from square one, and put an end to this petty pissing contest.

You've never even met me. How can you come to judgments based on my opinions on a conspiracy forum? It's like I'm living in a strange universe right now where people are completely insane.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I have a 2 year degree in engineering fundamentals (which included physics I&II), and a two year degree in mechanical drafting (so yes I can read blue-prints). I have worked industry most of my life, I was a jet engine mechanic in the Navy. I know mechanics, I know structures, I know steel, I know the relevant physics. I even took an anthropology class once
And I read, a lot. I don't work now btw I am disabled, thanks to my service.

With this being the case, if you were shown the blueprints to the WTC as well as photographs of what the steel columns looked like, would you be able to calculate the precise pattern of where these controlled demolitions would need to be planted in order for the WTC to fall the way it did?

I never did get a legitimate answer to the question...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

With this being the case, if you were shown the blueprints to the WTC as well as photographs of what the steel columns looked like, would you be able to calculate the precise pattern of where these controlled demolitions would need to be planted in order for the WTC to fall the way it did?

I never did get a legitimate answer to the question...

Of course not. Why should I?

How is not being able to do that make any difference?

The evidence of controlled demolition is in the result of the collapse, not in the method used. A complete collapse could not be the result of fire and gravity, as we have been explaining ad-nauseam. That leaves only one choice, no matter how difficult it is to accept or understand. Or whether anyone can prove explosives were used.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

A complete collapse could not be the result of fire and gravity....

Well, the last time I looked all conventional demolition collapses are the result of the application of energy and gravity. And if I'm not mistaken fire is an expression of energy. So I think that pretty much wraps this all up now.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I finally remembered why the name rung a bell. Joshua Blakeney is the guy who's being sponsored by TPTB to publish disinfo!

Whoops, I shouldn't have said that out loud, should I?

edit on 24-10-2011 by roboe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join