It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GF getting fat!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just want to say that I have been married for 32 years. Throughout those years both my husband and I have been slim, overweight, slim, overweight...over and over again. The most important thing is your love for each other. Eating healthy as often as you can and some nice long walks together should help a great deal. That's it. If she is overweight, chances are she KNOWS. No need for rude and hurtful comments, that will make it worse.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It doesn't bother me when a chick has a little extra in the mid drift, I personally put on a little extra for winter and lose it during spring on purpose. By the way, I'm assuming that you don't have a slight weight issue.

I'd rather have a girl with a little bit extra instead of slightly anorexic. Nothing worse than hugging a girl that feels like a bag of bones.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My question is ...."is she of recommended weight by health experts"? If so then you really can't make an issue of it unless you don't want to be with her anymore.

I'm personally sick and tired of the MSM telling us that female scarecrow models are attractive to men. It GENERALLY IS NOT TRUE. Perhaps homos like them but then again they are going to just be friends, right? LOL

The 1.6 hip to waist seems about right to me.

The trend of skinny sickly looking girls being "attractive" only came into being in the 60s. Until then a more shapely figure was the norm through out history. Mostly because girls that are too skinny are not as fertile as normal sized or even chubby sized, this is a fact biologically speaking.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This hasn't happened to me, but I've always been afraid of the possibility.
I've decided when that day comes I will sweetly suggest that we start going to the gym, together.
Don't make it about something SHE has to do. Make it something you do together.
Plus she won't be so offended if you are trying to better yourself also.

I hope my post gets read by the OP. I could only make it through a half a page of criticism before I gave up.

Reply with a valid suggestion. Not, "oh you simple minded male, you have flawed thinking!"
edit on 10/21/2011 by MeesterB because: Outrage at people on their moral high horse

edit on 10/21/2011 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Your comment just reeks of fat chick.
I bet the ATS community is a lot more normal than you give credit.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think you might look into the possibility of a "Dress Fetish".

I can't believe you looked up that little red number.

I was going to ask if you are from the UK.

Cause...If you are maybe you could get the dress and try it on yourself.

Just Kidding.....I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
as a woman let me just say...be careful. We can be just a teeeennnnnyyyy bit sensitive in that area. I am going to assume here that you are also worried about her health. Let me just assume that. i agree with the other posters. Do active things together. Hiking, biking, yoga. the wii suggestion was a good one. If she can find something she likes it is much easier to stick to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Many people are giving in depth advice here, treating this as a deep, possibly lifelong relationship and are annoyed by people being blunt and a little cruel. Just a reminder the OP posted "GF getting fat!" On a conspiracy website. How deep of a connection could these two have? I'd never do that to a girl I cared about. So why assume the OP wants all the" gushy" advice. In my opinion, the brash comments are more appropriate to the initial question.
edit on 21-10-2011 by notquiteright because: cell phone data entry error

edit on 21-10-2011 by notquiteright because: syntax error

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was going to respond,but it appears the op has been banned.
Maybe has something to do with asking if his pregnant girlfriend could shoot guns thread?
edit on 21-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Me and my girl go running a few times a week. I can run a lot longer then she can so i always push her. she ran 3 miles with me the other day. Thats the longest shes ever ran and we are getting fit togeather. Thats the key "together"

A 150 lb person will lose 100 calories by running a mile. Weighing less will cause the person to lose less. So, she lost 300 calories, more or less. This is two cans of diet coke. It is a lot of food if you eat correctly, but that's a big if.

reply to post by Suspiria

Look, the adults are trying to have a conversation here. Take your childish passive-agressive remarks somewhere else.
edit on 21/10/2011 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

Where's the passive? I'm being purely aggressive.
Funny you should be here giving so much advice when you can't seem to fathom that glaring factoid out.
Now be a good boy and go make me a sammich.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Well maybe in your bitter little world, Im sorry life hurt you poor wittle feewings so much that your now such a dork, you cant blame women for your short comings thats reserved for little boys and limp d*ks. I'm with a great girl we go to the gym together every other night. PS get a life and dont try and bring others down
its just pathetic

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

your welcome i think?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Didn't see that one coming from a mile away. *yawns* yet another non original troll on ats.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey,guys.
I married a "chubby girl",as SHE calls herself.
Not a problem.
I love her and her mind,her way of thinking.
I think that people who do not look beyond the physical aspect of people or potential mates are pretty shallow.
Here is a question,if your mate was in some sort of accident and,say they lost a limb or had some sort of physical deformity from that,would you just dump them?
Love is blind to the physical form.
edit on 22-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmusicmr

If you tell her she's fat, you my friend, will become infertile.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

All the super cool studs who frequent these boards obviously would

I mean they are so hot that they have to try and convince us about it on a conspiracy website lol

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
hmm well I went out with a guy who said I was fat and the scarey thing about that was I was only 45 kgs.

he was just a weirdo...trying to give me a complex because he was an insecure loser.

true

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wow. She deserves better than you! Go on, do HER a favour and find someone else more to your taste.

I would be heartbroken if I found my fiancé wrote a post like this. I was borderline anorexic when we started dating, now after struggling with eating disorders since 10 years old, and after the birth of my daughter I'm needing to lose a bit. But you guys - really have no clue. Yeah she's a fatty, it's as simple as that - maybe she's eating to hide her feelings.. Of dislike.. For your personality.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
reply to post by Leahn

I'm sorry you spent time on a post because you thought I wanted or needed some explanation. I was offering up a statement. My dating days are way behind me. I'm married with children.

Still, it is better to be able to understand all that happened in the past than to die in ignorance. At least, I think so.

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
reply to post by Leahn

i do however feel the need to point out the middle ages bit is not entirely correct, generally speaking the preference (especially in europe) was for a slightly larger woman, not exactly fat but a uk size 12-16 (rather than a size zero) as this showed wealth however they then did cram such bodies into a whalebone corset to look thinner on the waist (but this combined with the weight gave them a rather fetching bust)

Incorrect. Very few artists depicted women as you describe.This is a picture of "Birth of Venus" by Botticelli. Hardly a size 6, much less a size 12. This is Bouguereau. I could literally show you dozens of counter-examples. As I said to another person, the idea that "skin women as attractive is a product of MSM" is a feminazi propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
Choose your words wisely or you could find yourself ALONE.

So? There is a saying in my country; "Better alone than in bad company." The OP has absolutely no obligation to be with a person he is no longer attracted to. She is not the last woman in the world. If speaking his mind means that she will leave him, so be it. This way, when he finds another girl that it is actually attractive, he can make a move on her and be with a girl that he actually wants to be with. Only a Forever Alone fears being alone. A man sees it as freedom and opportunity.

Originally posted by SecondAmendmentUser
The trend of skinny sickly looking girls being "attractive" only came into being in the 60s. Until then a more shapely figure was the norm through out history.

This is not true, sorry. This is feminist propaganda. Marylin Monroe was a freaking size 0, and died in 1962.

Originally posted by Suspiria
Where's the passive? I'm being purely aggressive.

Look, I already told you. The adults are trying to have a conversation here. Go have your tantrum on your bedroom upstairs.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join