It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some WTC History You Might Not Know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

No matter how good the hypothesis sounds it has no evidence, at all. I never can understand this desire to stubbornly stick to an opinion when there is no basis for it.

The aluminum is not going to fall off from some rust on it's surface. If the corrosion was that bad you would see it, as it would be eating through the aluminum if it was that bad. You would see white powder all over the aluminum.

And what has it got to do with missing bodies, I don't understand your point on that, maybe I missed a post?

I'm sure your frustration is shared by many regarding the large amount of fiction that is accepted as fact without any evidence. At all.

If there is any merit to the galvanic corrosion articles and the plans to demolish the towers 25 years ago, such plans would likely not be made public, especially if they were scrapped in favor of faking a terrorist attack.

If they had such plans, the buildings would have been emptied of their contents as any demolition would be pre-demolished, explaining the surprisingly small debris pile, and lack of bodies.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by septic

I feel your pain...on ATS it is more important to discuss the same old subjects that have not progressed for a decade, than to discuss alternative explanations.

I don't think it is so much a discussion of the "same old subjects", but rather we prefer subjects that have a modicum of truth to them, where at least a scintilla of intelligence is about them, or a at the very least a shred of reality is displayed. This thread you have created has none of the above. Plenty of guffaw factor with it, though.

Not that there aren't "alternative explanations" here. We'll just add yours to the list that includes hurricane-powered/el-destructo-laser-beams from space/invisible airplane flown by CIA midgets with forward-spraying-fuel-sprayers firing a missile into the building to detonate painted on explosives that had been applied that afternoon because of a power-down the previous month after bomb-sniffing dogs were removed by Barbara Bush at the behest of Queen Elizabeth, who was George Bush's third cousin 4 time removed.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

I feel your pain...on ATS it is more important to discuss the same old subjects that have not progressed for a decade, than to discuss alternative explanations.

I don't think it is so much a discussion of the "same old subjects", but rather we prefer subjects that have a modicum of truth to them, where at least a scintilla of intelligence is about them, or a at the very least a shred of reality is displayed. This thread you have created has none of the above. Plenty of guffaw factor with it, though.

Not that there aren't "alternative explanations" here. We'll just add yours to the list that includes hurricane-powered/el-destructo-laser-beams from space/invisible airplane flown by CIA midgets with forward-spraying-fuel-sprayers firing a missile into the building to detonate painted on explosives that had been applied that afternoon because of a power-down the previous month after bomb-sniffing dogs were removed by Barbara Bush at the behest of Queen Elizabeth, who was George Bush's third cousin 4 time removed.

Thanks for playing.

I disagree; this subject has merit and makes sense. If you are so offended by the concept and don't feel it is worthy of your consideration, please don't let me keep you.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Where is the evidence for this corrosion?

You do realise that the aluminum would not have been directly against the steel right? That is a big no no that all engineers know about, dissimilar metals are never put directly in contact with each other, unless for a specific reason. There would have been spacers between the steel and the aluminum.

I stand corrected...but nonetheless you're missing the entire point. The NYPA had full time engineers and inspectors on the lookout for the standard wear and tear that every other building in existence has, and in their day to day duties they would have spotted any of these imaginary controlled demolitions right away. If an electrician tracing a cable found a mysterious new junction box that wasn't there before and in a spot that it had no logical reason for being there, guess what- he's going to want to know what the heck it is and where the heck it came from.

There is no way, shape, or form that controlled demolitions can be planted in an occupied building without anyone noticing them, so the truthers might as well stop fantasizing about that now.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Where is the evidence for this corrosion?

You do realise that the aluminum would not have been directly against the steel right? That is a big no no that all engineers know about, dissimilar metals are never put directly in contact with each other, unless for a specific reason. There would have been spacers between the steel and the aluminum.

I stand corrected...but nonetheless you're missing the entire point. The NYPA had full time engineers and inspectors on the lookout for the standard wear and tear that every other building in existence has, and in their day to day duties they would have spotted any of these imaginary controlled demolitions right away. If an electrician tracing a cable found a mysterious new junction box that wasn't there before and in a spot that it had no logical reason for being there, guess what- he's going to want to know what the heck it is and where the heck it came from.

There is no way, shape, or form that controlled demolitions can be planted in an occupied building without anyone noticing them, so the truthers might as well stop fantasizing about that now.

I agree with all this...so it stands to reason that the PANYNJ aren't squeaky clean boy scouts. They are described as a "paramilitary engineering" organization at best, and they fast-track ex-military members through the ranks, plus is it only in the movies that big cities have corrupt Police Departments? Wasn't it Bernie Kerik who was Gulianni's beyotch back then? Isn't that cat doing time for federal crimes right now? Corruption and big city government go hand in hand...even small town government applies. Is this news?

edit on 21-10-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by septic

Are you implying that there were no people in the towers when they collapsed?

Your logic and reasoning skills may need some help.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by septic

Your logic and reasoning skills may need some help.

I am aware of your penchant for dishing out accusations such as the above, but this thread is intended to discuss the galvanic corrosion. So far, it has been noted that the towers couldn't have been occupied and still be fitted for demolition. Since it should be obvious that they were indeed demolished, it stands to reason that the PA hasn't been entirely forthcoming.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I stand corrected...but nonetheless you're missing the entire point.

Thank you for admitting that. Is that a first for an OSer here lol?

No I am not missing the point because the point is that OS supporters have used this idea many time to claim the towers were in bad condition and helped with the collapse.

Regardless of what you think might have been found, there is no other explanation for how the towers collapsed.
It is much easier to imagine a scenario where the 'explosives' could be hidden and not noticed, than to imagine that collapse was gravity driven alone.

Buildings are not inspected in detail that often.

edit on 10/21/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If they had such plans, the buildings would have been emptied of their contents as any demolition would be pre-demolished, explaining the surprisingly small debris pile, and lack of bodies.

Why? Emptying the building is not a requirement for demolition, it just makes the job easier.

911 was not a conventional demolition event, they had to make it look like the planes and fire did it, so no they wouldn't have emptied the towers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by septic

IF there was indeed a big problem with this 'galvanic corrosion' factor..

there would likely be medical evidence that over the decades the tower was used... that people having abnormal cancers or a greater number of migraines or some such ailments would be on record and be able to be tracked.

heck, the electro-thingy problems have been associated to people unfortunate to live next to high voltage power transmission lines.

if there was an electro-galvanistic aura or field inside WTC1 & 2...the long term employees would be the 'canaries-in-the-coal-mine' and unexplained illnesses would be discovered...

Has anyone researched this??

edit on 21-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Why? Emptying the building is not a requirement for demolition, it just makes the job easier.

911 was not a conventional demolition event, they had to make it look like the planes and fire did it, so no they wouldn't have emptied the towers.

Anyone here knows that ANOK does not see eye-to-eye with me, but I agree with him here, essentially (not saying I cave to the demo theories, but it was certainly not a conventional collapse at the very least. Plus, the evidence for loss of life is simply overwhelming.)

As for the intended subject, galvanic corrosion seems unlikely at this point. While certainly a corrosion was happening, and the towers were likely in need of some redoing, it was probably not so bad as to justify the murder of innocent civilians. It takes a special kind of horrible person to do that for no reason other than to save a buck (which they didn't, if you read into it. Silverstein actually LOST tons of money from the trade center destruction, among others. Any insurance money he was awarded was strictly allocated for rebuilding, which has already surpassed the insurance claim amount)
edit on 21-10-2011 by Varemia because: fixed a word, oops

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Emptying the building of tenants who would be witnesses to explosive rigging would be a requirement if a fake terrorist attack was planned, that's why.

It was a conventional demolition all the way down to the removal of everything that could be salvaged first. The people, the contents of the floors...including the floors themselves, did not turn to dust from exotic weaponry, or massive pulverization, or fictional jet crashes and fire.

The simplest explanation is they weren't there to begin with...just as occurs in every conventional demolition.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

it was probably not so bad as to justify the murder of innocent civilians.

You mean, all those civilians murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Libya weren't innocent?

What would be easier to stomach, a fake terrorist attack that was planned to not kill any civilians, or one that was planned to kill 3000 of them?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think you're misunderstanding the reaction. Galvanic corrosion would be unnoticed except in areas where the aluminum came in contact with the steel in the presence of an electrolyte, in this case, the salt air was the electrolyte.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I think you're misunderstanding the reaction. Galvanic corrosion would be unnoticed except in areas where the aluminum came in contact with the steel in the presence of an electrolyte, in this case, the salt air was the electrolyte.

Yes but which one would be the anode and which one would be the cathode ?

This is what makes the truth movement so entertaining. They discover something rest of the world has known for centuries and it becomes part of their conspiracy, no matter how ridicules it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

This is what makes the truth movement so entertaining. They discover something rest of the world has known for centuries and it becomes part of their conspiracy, no matter how ridicules it is.

It is this callous attitude that is so disturbing about many people in the Western world; all they care about is their entertainment. The lies and the resulting carnage, the death, the march of fascism...all pale in comparison to the need to be amused.

edit on 22-10-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

It's not about crackpots. It's about knowing that something is EXTREMELY f'd up in this world as a whole, and it has nothing to do with college kids making videos in their dorm rooms.

There is one thing I would like to know about you; you said:

a blizzard of conspiracy web sites that instigate abject paranoia

So what are your interests? WHY have you made 3 and a half THOUSAND posts on this site?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

Maybe he gets payed by post :p . Or he is the guy who regulates wallstreet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

it was probably not so bad as to justify the murder of innocent civilians.

You mean, all those civilians murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Libya weren't innocent?

What would be easier to stomach, a fake terrorist attack that was planned to not kill any civilians, or one that was planned to kill 3000 of them?

It doesn't matter what's easy to stomach. All that matters is the truth, and there is nowhere that suggests that the towers were emptied before the total destruction occurred. To think that all the people who died were not there is to be in denial, clinging to a hope that people are good. Well, though it may not make you feel warm and fuzzy, the world is filled with evil, malignant people who will do anything to feel like they have power and control over others.

I never advocated the wars or any of the civilian deaths happening all over the world. If I had control of the world like some kind of god, I would personally isolate all these leaders and bad people who cause these things to happen and force them to live away from society, where they can no longer cause such harm.

Still Galvanic Corrosion does not seem like a justifiable reason to kill 3000 people. It naturally makes sense that an outside force would have more incentive to so, and it makes sense that the government might secretly "allow" this to happen so as to be allowed to finish what was started in the middle-east and re-establish the US as a world power. It's wrong, but the line of reasoning is not unheard of.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

All that matters is the truth, and there is nowhere that suggests that the towers were emptied before the total destruction occurred.

The suggestions are everywhere for those who care to look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join