It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 200,000 in the streets of Rome!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There are over 200,000 protesters currently on the streets of Rome, coinciding with global protests occurring as of now. Link to live feed is here: rt.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What the heck is wrong with the rich romans? Seriously? All I think is expensive olive oil/Italian food and rich style of living
edit on 15-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Stereotyping much?

Second line.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That RT footage has moved on to a drug lord hunt.
I'd like to see the Rome protest footage if anyone has another link to it.

I wonder where this is all going. Part of me wants to ignore my everyday life tasks and just sit and watch.
I'm not sure I'd attend any of them. I have some concerns about a sudden Marxist lurch - I'd really like to see crony capitalism cleaned up and capitalism preserved.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.villavillas.com...

Here is the slums of rome

And here is the rich
www.flickr.com...@N05/552091404/

See if you can understand my sarcasm?

No, in all seriousness Rome receives a lot of money. The church is a billion dollar organization. On top of that you have South italy with the lack of industrial manufacturing and indeaqute land. They seem to be the North and south korea of the western world

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Live Broadcast

This is a live broadcast of the Rome Occupation.
Things are getting quite interesting over there...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
200k That's crazy in such a short amount of time.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
What the heck is wrong with the rich romans? Seriously? All I think is expensive olive oil/Italian food and rich style of living

god you're an idiot.
obviously you have never been to Italy.

This just shows that Americans must be the most apathetic people ever.
edit on 15-10-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was just about to make a thread about this. Heres the latest Ive found

Demonstrators rampage through Rome, clash with police

ROME (Reuters) - Hundreds of hooded, masked protesters rampaged through Rome in some of the worst violence in the Italian capital for years Saturday, torching cars and breaking windows during a larger peaceful protest against elites blamed for economic downturn.

Police repeatedly fired tear gas and water cannon in attempts to disperse them but the clashes with a minority of violent demonstrators stretched into the evening, hours after tens of thousands of people in Rome joined a global "day of rage" against bankers and politicians.

Smoke rose over many parts of the neighborhood between the Colosseum and St John's Basilica, forcing many residents and peaceful demonstrators to run into buildings and churches for shelter as militant protesters ran wild.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
Live Broadcast

This is a live broadcast of the Rome Occupation.
Things are getting quite interesting over there...

Dosent work here... Some error in Italian which probably means they blocked my host from watching it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh, won't it be so fun when the OWS crowd get the Wall Street protests to this level? They are asking for it, demanding it, confronting police....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I guess the store owners and people driving cars are not part of the 99% anymore?

Are they also to be considered the rich ones whom the demonstrators are raging a class-war against?

This is absolute madness.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Jordan River

Stereotyping much?

Second line.

Stereotyping big time. You can tell this guy has no idea about Italy.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When I was in Italy I was drivivg to Florence and the main thing I noticed was either you were rich or you were poor. The freeway had a nice paved left lane and the center lane had potholes every now and then and the right lane had numerous. You couldn't drive in the left lane unless you could do about 120mph. So the rich had a nice drive and everyone else is having to dodge potholes. What made me mad about it was I had to keep stopping at toll booths and pay them $12.00 for the experience. So everybody had to pay for the rich people's ability To do 120+mph in the fast lane.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think this goes to show that Americans are so conditioned to the way of life that it takes much longer for them to "wake up". I've noticed this trend, that when people in other countries protest, for the most part they go all out. They don't just have a few hundred people marching around, they have thousands gathered in the streets and they make their presense known. Maybe I'm generalizing, but I see many more massive gatherings elsewhere.

America's well on her way, the occupy movement has spread to every state and more and more people are joining in.
edit on 15-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: T oedit my post

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
they need to ditch rome and head over to vatican city instead.

but first...spaghetti...the 99% are hungry!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wait until the Neapolitans kick off. Napoli is one violent town.

I hope the Romans torch the Vatican.Destroying cars and small businesses is really shooting themselves in the foot.

Rome is about due a burning.it's been centuries since someone lit the place up.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is there actual conformation its over 200,000 strong?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Your ignorance is astonishing. Their economic situation is not good at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
geeezzz!!!

Looks to be more of a riot than a protest.
I really hope that MSM doest portray the OWS movment in the way the Roman "protesters" are.
violence is not the answer. If we keep calm but continue to gain more people, eventually there will be a tipping point and one of the sides will have to give.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join