It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyBoston encampment threatened by RIOT police. NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Book em dano'

No seriously, Boston is a beautiful city just like most any other American city. These people don't respect their own city. It's sad.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The whole world's watching. Boston PD is trending 4th worldwide on twitter.

2nd

link   
Heres footage from tonight in boston

Very horrifying footage of cops violently arresting veterans at the protests tonight...

Cant hardly think of what to say right now

link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by morder1

here's another live feed from the ground...here

Pretty bad advertisement for Android, if you ask me.. Just because he felt the need to mention it, and it came with blurry video and a low battery, heh.

Really though, props to everybody filming and streaming. This will be interesting to see tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

they're in a public park...there is a thing called the right to peaceably assemble...and that's exactly what they were doing...don't try and twist this into some agenda ridden garble like I've seen you do before...there was no disrespect to their city in any way...and if you think there was...there's this little thing called proof I'm going to have to ask for...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Preliminary reports from twitter: #OccupySeattle

They're moving in there, too. Paddy wagons have arrived.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
OccupySeattle is said being raided as well...2 at the same time? hmmmm

LINK
edit on 11-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Really cause who in their city are they actually protesting against?

The police?

The 99% movement is twisted and delusional, don't blame me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Just caught that too, thanks. It looks like they are moving in many places at once tonight. Coordination? Perhaps the protesters aren't the only ones working off a game plan for timing. Occupyseattle is reporting the mayors office is telling the cops in Seattle to back down for the night (Not confirmed?), but they haven't fallen back like Atlanta did yet. Any other cities this is happening in tonight?

Update 11:25pm The mayors office has given us 24 hours to come up with our demands concerning relocation, encouraging us to move to City Hall Plaza. "If we don't come up with something reasonable in the next 24 hours they will arrest everyone in the park, and will keep doing it every night until we move."
Source

That update came as I was typing the first paragraph. talk about fast moving events for the middle of the night.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Update / Addition

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Whilst I agree that people have the right to protest, there may be a law that the police have used which says people are not allowed to camp on that particular parcel of land.
they are allowed to lawfiully assemble, but they are not allowed to camp.

the police took away tents ect... which is used for camping.

I support the actions of the protesters and not the police, just giving a look at why the assembly may have been moved on.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Official tweet from #OccupySeattle.

OccupySeattle #OccupySeattle
Despite what the Mayor's office has said the police are NOT backing down and will arrest people. #OccupySeattle

Apparently the mayor told the Seattle PD to back down and they refused. WOW.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

they're in a public park...there is a thing called the right to peaceably assemble...and that's exactly what they were doing...don't try and twist this into some agenda ridden garble like I've seen you do before...there was no disrespect to their city in any way...and if you think there was...there's this little thing called proof I'm going to have to ask for...

Public parks close at night, as they are run and kept up by the city/state. They do have a closing time, at which anybody on the grounds can be arrested for trespassing, which is exactly what you just saw happen. This is why you see city/state police there, and not troops. People need to read and understand the basic laws before protesting, and this kind of thing wouldn't happen. You can't just decide a public park would be a good place to camp out with hundreds of people just because it is an open space that has grass, it's city property.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Really?
Military veterans.
The people who were sent overseas
to defend our freedom been beaten by the police of Boston.
Does anyone see a problem here?
How wrong this is?

www.huffingtonpost.com...-of-the-livestream-of-occupy-boston

It is a sad day in America when we can no longer express our freedom of speech.
edit on 11-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It doesn't matter who they are.

Veteran or not, no one is above the law.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

And also to honeycomb

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Read it, Learn it, Read it again...

Period
edit on 11-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Eww, you are........

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

What law did they break?
And who starred you and why.
Come out ,come out where ever you are.

edit on 11-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I don't see how this violates the constitution. The constitution does not give you rights to piss on the sidewalk. How is this any different?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I watched the entire thing via the LiveFeed and am currently listening to remaining Occupiers speak about what happened.

They circled the camp (trapped people), started beating Vets for Peace, arrested people, took their camps and put it all in dump trucks, there were definitely 100+ cops there, in Riot gear from what I hear.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

What law did they break?

Did you read my post above?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join