It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP build a list of demands for OCCUPY WALLSTREET Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Other suggestions.

Term limits for all politicians. All of them. From City council all the way up to President. We need to replace the old politicians who have long since lost touch with reality and the people.

The troops in the middle east need to come home. Let's face it. They have been there way too long and at this point I think our presence their is doing much more harm than good. Not that it did much good to begin with. ( Of course that is just my opinion)

something needs to be done about the way in which politicians run for office now. Personally I am sick of the childish behavior. I am sick of watching them just attack each other and talk about why the other candidate is awful. I would rather see politicians build them selves up and talk about why they are the best person for the seat. There is no more room for this childish behavior in Washington. Again, I don't know what can be done to change this... but this childish behavior is getting in the way of progress.... and it needs to stop

edit on 7-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Get rid of all business and corporate current deductions and loopholes.

They get 3 deductions:

1) 5% for overhead
2) Hiring only US citizens in the US. The more workers the bigger the deduction.
3) Reducing the prices of their products. The bigger reduction, the greater deduction.

Tie in CEO's and business executives pay to the lowest paid worker in the company. If the lowest paid worker makes minimum wage, they can only have 100x the minimum wage for a regular 40 hour work week. If the company has workers overseas, and it is found out that their workers get cents on the dollar, then their wage is tied to the cents on the dollar.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Or just put me in charge. I will fix it.

Okay that is just a joke, but to sum up my thoughts.

No more lobbyists. They aid corporations by giving bribes to politicians in the form of campaign contributions, on the agreement that they vote in a way that works out in favor of what ever company the lobbyist represents.

Term limits for all political seats. This one speaks for it self.

Bring our troops home from the middle east for good...All of them. They are not doing any good over there anymore and in my opinion, their being there is only straining the situation and raising tension even more.

Get rid of the childish behavior in Washington. No more attacking each other during campaigns. No more blocking bills or what have you just to annoy the other side. We need to get back to work in Washington. Recess needs to be over for these school yard bullies.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Agreed

Add a complete overhaul of the political system. We need people that are actual public servants, and not corporatist snakes in the grass.

If you are in an elected position, and your actions prove to be detrimental to the populace at large because some lobbyist or wealthy donor is influencing them, that should be also considered treason. a bad decision is one thing, but decisions made based on greed are criminal acts.

edit on 7-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

i trust you as far as i can throw you.

don't listen to this guy!

I am what you need!!

kill the rich and bring me the monies and i promise i will make sure you get what's coming to you!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

telling people to leave their banks and join a credit union!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

No one wants to kill the rich, fascist lover. The system on the other hand needs to be burned down and defecated on.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

ahaha, I starred you for that.

I once tried to throw myself... I didn't go very far.

No, I would not want to be leader of the free world.. If you can call the presidency that any more. I am going grey and bald quick enough as it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You mean to tell me that this big ol' movement that's going to change the world is without a plan, or ideas????

Really? Just shocking...really.

Here's an idea.

1) When undertaking a mission to change the world, have a plan.

2) One or two spokesmen, so as to minimize the "deer in the headlights" look.

3) Refer back to number one.

...in reality? I hope this movement does spark some positive change. That would be great. Given what I've seen so far? So not going to happen. No plan, no ideas, no chance. Too bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Got it right here.
A reversal in policy that led us down this road.

If you’re looking for a major cause of the current banking meltdown, you need seek no farther than the 1999 repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. The Glass-Steagall Act, passed in 1933, mandated the separation of commercial and investment banking in order to protect depositors from the hazards of risky investment and speculation. It worked fine for fifty years until the banking industry began lobbying for its repeal during the 1980s, the go-go years of Reaganesque market fundamentalism, an outlook embraced wholeheartedly by mainstream Democrats under the rubric "neoliberalism."

But wait . . . as usual, the Democrats were eager to pile on to this reversal of New Deal regulatory progressivism — fully 38 of 45 Senate Democrats voted for the repeal (which passed 90-8), including some famous names commonly associated with "progressive" politics by the easily gulled: Dodd, Kennedy, Kerry, Reid, and Schumer. And, of course, there was the inevitable shout of "yea" from the ever-servile corporate factotum Joseph Biden, Barack Obama’s idea of a tribune of "change"–if by change one means erasing any lingering obstacle to corporate domination of the polity.

But,wait there is more!

According to Wikipedia, many economists "have criticized the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act as contributing to the 2007 subprime mortgage financial crisis. The repeal enabled commercial lenders such as Citigroup, the largest U.S. bank by assets, to underwrite and trade instruments such as mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations and establish so-called structured investment vehicles, or SIVs, that bought those securities. Citigroup played a major part in the repeal. Then called Citicorp, the company merged with Travelers Insurance company the year before using loopholes in Glass-Steagall that allowed for temporary exemptions. With lobbying led by Roger Levy, the ‘finance, insurance and real estate industries together are regularly the largest campaign contributors and biggest spenders on lobbying of all business sectors [in 1999]. They laid out more than $200 million for lobbying in 1998, ‘ according to the Center for Responsive Politics. ‘ These industries succeeded in their two decades long effort to repeal the act. ‘ "

And,to top it off,

Obama and McCain . . . have accepted a substantial amount of campaign money from Wall Street bankers, investment and securities firms and their executives during this election cycle. Investment firms have donated $9.9 million to Obama and $6.9 million to McCain this campaign thus far, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Commercial banks have given Obama $2.1 million and McCain $1.9 million. Private equity firms and hedge funds have given Obama $2 million and McCain $1.4 million, according to CFRP. Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co., UBS and heavyweight law firm DLA Piper are among Obama’s top contributors. JP Morgan acquired Bear Stearns with the federal government taking on as much as $30 billion Bear assets as part of the deal. McCain’s top donor sources include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and Blank Rome and Greenberg Traurig LLP law firms.

2008 buddy.
www.counterpunch.org...

And for some more enlightenment,please visit this site.
www.larouchepac.com...

Peace,and please share.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

telling people to leave their banks and join a credit union!

I did this just yesterday. I was with Wells Fargo... It turned me off that they were considering charging a monthly fee to have a checking account. They are piloting this on the west coast right now.

You know, when you put money in a bank, you are loaning them money, with the agreement that you can get your money back any time....

For them to be able to reach in and take my money once a month.... That is not how a loan works... And I am not up for giving monetary gifts to one of the biggest banks in the world.

The banker I talked to was using the excuse that they need to be able to compete with other banks and was actually trying to make it sound like they would go out of business if they did not start these fees up....

I had no problem telling him that Wells fargo will not suffer at all with out these fees and that they also will not suffer with out my accounts.

This was only after I could get him to admit that they were considering making this nation wide... he was playing dumb at first as if he had no idea where I could have possibly gotten the idea that Wells fargo was considering doing this....

Was just gross.... He turned into a salesman. He was trying to sell me on keeping my accounts there... which turned me off even more.

So, I took my accounts to a credit union.

It really is a good suggestion. take your money to a credit union. They don't screw you over like the banks do.

I could bitch for hours about politics. ATS should have put me on the politics radio show....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Disband the FED, Stop/ILLEGALIZE Lobbying in fact lobbying should be prosecuted as 100% treason!!!! Stop ALL MONOPOLISM, THIS MEANS ELECTRICITY TOO!!!!!!!!!! STOP PENALIZING PEOPLE WHEN THEY TRY TO GO GREEN WITH SOLAR PANELLING (Less of this permit BS for damn solar panels it's ridiculous the only one at risk is THE GD person who lives in the home!!!!) Stop making it a federal offense to keep cows and drink milk without all the BS microwaves poisoning it, Stop making a federal case out of the damn growing of veggies/fruit...DISBAND Child Protective services or at least OVERHAUL the corrupt Aholes!!!! CAP what colleges can charge, except ivy leagues, but if someone has straight A's they should be able to go ivy league regardless of "rich" or not (this means scholarships for Whites and blacks and hispanics equally, none of this racist BS). In fact ivy leagues should depend on grades only not money. STOP AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!!!!! Give the people back the right to negotiate their wages and benefits(you really don't need unions to do this). Just some common sense!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by fooks

No one wants to kill the rich, fascist lover. The system on the other hand needs to be burned down and defecated on.

lol! the person i responded to got the sarcasm/joke.

you didn't.

quite the radical are we?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
1. Immediately reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act
search.yahoo.com...
2. Repeal the Patriot Act and disband the TSA.
3. Freeze the printing of Federal Reserve notes pending a completely independent audit thereof.
4. Place a temporary moratorium on all new administrative rules and regulations.
5. Place a cap on all campaign spending and prohibit corporate donations.
6. Cease all military actions around the world and freeze defense spending.
7. Place a tariff on all goods being imported into the country.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

You mean to tell me that this big ol' movement that's going to change the world is without a plan, or ideas????

To be fair, I don't know if the OP is a representative of the movement looking for help, or if it is just a supporter of what OWS is doing and wanting to talk about it.

But I do agree... The demands are not exactly clear at this point....All I know is that everyone is really unhappy about the economy and the general financial state of the country...

Maybe that is the plan? To just make it known that the American people are sick of how things are going? I hope there is more to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Fooks was just joking.

But does this mean you will vote for me?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If all else fails,just post it on their facebook page,or actually go to your local Occupy,like I do and share the knowledge.
You would be amazed at what they know and how intelligent the group is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
1. Immediately reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act
search.yahoo.com...
2. Repeal the Patriot Act and disband the TSA.
3. Freeze the printing of Federal Reserve notes pending a completely independent audit thereof.
4. Place a temporary moratorium on all new administrative rules and regulations.
5. Place a cap on all campaign spending and prohibit corporate donations.
6. Cease all military actions around the world and freeze defense spending.
7. Place a tariff on all goods being imported into the country.

Robyn,# 1 IS the most important step in all this.
# 6 is the next thing.
Those two alone would help greatly.
Let's not get to greedy though.
Focus.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

1- End the debt,bring home all our troops from around the world

2-End future debt, End the Fed

3-End our world wide trade inequality,make import and export taxes fair

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by fooks

Fooks was just joking.

But does this mean you will vote for me?

Heh, I saw that. Sorry Fooks

It depends, how much is your soul worth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join