It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: Occupy Wall Street

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, what you didn't ask was about the police attacking the peaceful people sitting on the ground or just standing with-in the swing radius of their baton. How proud to be an American can we feel when we see this against US???
The TPTB are setting this example that they can do what ever they want to the masses and NOBODY will do anything about it. So, what can be done? It seems so scary, like a really bad movie, where the masses of the people are the enemy. There will be some times ahead that will try men's souls, I hope that a few will stand and bring forth a new nation. By the people and for the people, isn't that how it was supposed to go here?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
We could take another approach. Put together a massive database of information that keeps tabs on what when where how and who is supporting Wall Street and just cut off their blood supply. Find the companies they own, products they sell, people they trade with. Just don't buy into whatever they deal with, don't associate with them, pull your money out of their banks and watch them wither away.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

"I believe that entitlements for those in need should be a basic right of citizenship."

This is difficult to answer because I agree there should be some entitlements for those in need but to claim them as a right to citizenship is a bit too much. You cannot have rights that take from anyone else and I am a liberal Democrat saying that. As citizens, we have rights - as a country, we have aspirations and principles.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's sickening to see how the elected officials sit around and just ignore what's happening like MSM is doing and then people like Bill O'reilly on Fox News calling all the OWS protestors bums and to take a shower. Then we got Obama on TV... basically confirming OWS protestors, but of course offers no help or solution what a flake! That's ok because I am sure this next coming election he will be out of office and we will have some other clown to deal with. It's really starting to look like a three ring circus. da da.. da dadada dada get your popcorn and cotton candy.

Here's an idea, maybe we should of taken that bailout money and gone to the patent office and created some new technology and manufacture products that puts people to work! Oh.. oh.. well they never thought that one, because they was to busy golfing somewhere and spending tax payer dollars.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Good survey but I see a bias as your last ATS live show.

For instance, where is the question:

"Do you think that police/law enforcement should be arrested and punished to the full extent of the law for unprovoked violence on protestors?"

My response is "Strongly Agree"

But ATS is far better than any mainstream media, and as always ATS is THE place for news because you always get balancing opinions on the site!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Most of the OWS morons don't understand that they will never get what they want.

Reform movements rarely do. There is always someone pulling the strings that will step in at the last minute and takeover with the real power to do it.

I am betting that things would get a lot worse if these morons got everything they think they want.

I am also preparing to fight them(legally of course) if they make things a lot worse for me.

If you take a long look at they changes OWS wants you will find that in the long run they will devastate this country and only a few will prosper.
Those few will be the people that are pulling the strings now and running OWS behind the scenes.

But as always most people are to stupid to ever investigate anything that sounds to good to be true.

I know i will catch flak for this but i also know that many will understand 10 years from now when there lifestyle goes downhill.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
There should be an option about the protest ending with the authority giving what the protesters are demanding. The survey didn't include the end game scenario where either the protesters go home without getting what they want or the protesters going home getting what they want. I am talking more about ending the Fed and put to jail those who are responsible for the financial crisis of 2008.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

People power already happened in other countries and they were successful. Keep your hopes up. No need to have a loser mentality.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think the results should be relayed to the protesters on site so they can have both a sense of support from those unable to join them and the general expectations and direction one group of their peers (us on this site) hope they go with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Its a strange survey, but I decided to complete it for you.

Here is the fundemental root of the financial crisis IMHO.

I think the Protests you are witnessing today across the United States is the result of people waking up over the last ten years since 9/11. On 9/11 a coup took place in the United States and people are waking up to that fact. This is where the trouble actually stems from, you can bet your bottom dollar that those responsible for 9/11 are also those responsible for the financial crisis we are all in today and most of those protestors around the country know it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

People only come to sites like this when they realise all is not right with the world at the moment. Thinking like a conspiracy theorist that I am proud to be, you should consider the fact that this survey could be just a way of identifying potential adversaries of tptb.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
TPTB and the mainstream media simply won't allow any movement of any sort to exist outside the left-right paradigm. Divide and conquer...

The Teaparty started out nonpartisan but quickly became associated with "right wing" in the public mind. The opposite for the occupiers (left).

It doesn't have to be this way! But if enought people pile on it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Those with strong partisan bent on ATS and other messageboards help this process too. Don't be a part of it! It is not too late. I am a Christian Fundamentalist who has very little in common with the "hippies" culturally or politically, yet I strongly support anything which is against the corrupt banking system. I support these "filthy hippies" because I want the movement to become more than leftists. I call on fellow christians, conservatives, and rightward-leaning people to join the movement and become a part of it so it doesn't become trapped in amber on the right-left spectrum!!!!

Wake up people and take back your destiny.

I must say, very inspirational! I bolded my agreement.

I'm not of the same religious or political group as you, but you have touched on a key point of whether OWS is successful or not. It's called Unity.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Druid42

I went to the OWS rally in Cleveland, it was very different from what I saw on Livestream in New York. Of course, they didn't have the numbers like NY did, but it was a pretty cool experiance nonetheless. I'm gonna keep a eye on it here and see where it leads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I have to get my head out of my butt and figure out how to shrink my photos so I can post them.

The wife wanted to go, but I got caught doing other things.....Such is life.

You may want to go get Gimp. It's the freeware version of photochop, runs on both windoze and linux, and best of all, it's free. I'm running v2.6, but I think it is up to v3 or so now.

All my pics have been 3324x1224, about 1.1-1.6 MBs in size. I have to reduce them to the 500 kb size before uploading. Gimp does that easily.

Boot Gimp, open a picture (I'll usually do 5-8 pics in a batch open), goto "Image" at the top, scroll to "scale", and change the resolution from xxxx-xxxx to 1024x768. Click "scale", and when it's done goto "file" at the top, scroll to "save as", enter a filename, then click "save". At 1024x768 resolution, a 1.1MB pic gets scaled back to about 120kb. Very tidy and uploads quickly, saves space on the free ATS pic server, and is still in sharp hi-res, big enough to be a wall paper.

edit on 10/8/11 by Druid42 because: fixed spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Do you believe the Occupy Wall Street movement has the potential to inspire or otherwise force positive change in American (and global) politics, finances, or society? Yes, It's Inevitable There's a Good Chance Don't Know There's a Slim Chance No, Impossible

Poorly worded. Yes "there is a good chance" that "...(the) movement has the potential to inspire..."

Your answer options do not match the question. The question is about "potential" for something. The answers are about the chance of it actually happening. CONFUSING!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

This will be interesting.

I love these surveys.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

"I believe that entitlements for those in need should be a basic right of citizenship."

This is difficult to answer because I agree there should be some entitlements for those in need but to claim them as a right to citizenship is a bit too much. You cannot have rights that take from anyone else and I am a liberal Democrat saying that. As citizens, we have rights - as a country, we have aspirations and principles.

I had the same problem with this question, and I am a conservative Independent. And, I had the same problem with the "right to a college education" question, for the same reason. Which tells us...what? That we need to agree on what are considered as "rights" before we'll be able to make progress.

edit on 8-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I was at the Boston protest last night interviewing folks and taking pictures. I got a lot of good info, and some surprising information from the police - as in they support the movement, the like the ideas, but were worried about young girls camping out because a seedier element (which I saw too) joined in the camp grounds. Like I said, I got tons of good info, cops also wondered who authorized (Mayor or Governor) the protests, who's giving them electricity... the Boston crowd is smart, Harvard, MIT, students running the Medical, Logistics, Media and Kitchen tents. Also, saw USMC support signs there too.....

Protesters themselves were echoing much of what we say on ATS, and yes I met a few folks who know this website though swear no affiliation to it; I got a few winks and nods from these folks (almost like Alcoholics Anonymous I think).

I have a lot of notes, pictures and fliers I need to upload which will take time... I'll start that thread tonight after the kids go to bed. Cheers.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I personally do NOT want to see this country go communist, or for there to be rioting in the streets. I do not see how anyone in their right mind thinks that those things will be a step up from where we are now. If I had to put the abuses of the market against the abuses of Stalin I think Stalin wins hands down. So that is NOT an answer. What has happened is that over a period of decades, the laws that regulate finance and the power of corporations have eroded to the point where we are close to a sort of global economic anarchy, ie anything goes that you can get away with, that since the laws are not working, is ANYTHING. ALL we (humanity) need to do is re structure, reinstate and enforce the laws here and internationally, to stop predatory capitalism from destroying our society, and create a fair tax system.We need a regulated capitalist system that serves the people instead of consuming them. There needs to be an international labor standard, defining the rights and protections of workers EVERYWHERE, to level the global playing field and stop the practice of corporations relocating to areas with the fewest labor protections. The same thing applies to the environment, it must be protected for HUMANITY. Also, we need to get ALL the private money out of the government. We need to drop the pay scales of senators and congressmen to a level where their only incentive to be elected is to serve the public, instead of just a free ticket to fattening their bank accounts. We also need to equate the kind of predatory banking practices we have seen in the past few years as a form of economic terrorism. Those people have committed treason against this country and need to be severely prosecuted, both now and in the future. Any form of collusion by government officials to outsource jobs out of the country, or to pass laws making it easier to outsource jobs should be a federal offense. Also No insourcing of jobs should be allowed unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is not a single person in the land who wants the job. Also I think all foreign aid, other than humanitarian aid, should stop. We cannot cease to be a nation of laws, ruled by the mob. We have to reinstate the rule of law, and then things will start to get better.
edit on 8-10-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Survey doesn't take into account the complexity and variables of context and content regarding the issue.

Not just this issue but all issues when measuring thoughts, ideas, and beliefs with Polls and Surveys.

Polls and Surveys simply show Choice A or Choice B and the varying degrees of A and B with no real look at C and D

There is more breathing room and freedom out here away from the 6 sided box

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join