It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Polygraph examinations are designed to look for significant involuntary responses going on in a person's body when that person is subjected to stress, such as the stress associated with deception. The exams are not able to specifically detect if a person is lying, according to polygrapher Dr. Bob Lee, former executive director of operations at Axciton Systems, a manufacturer of polygraph instruments. But there are certain physiological responses that most of us undergo when attempting to deceive another person. By asking questions about a particular issue under investigation and examining a subject's­ physiological reactions to those questions, a polygraph examiner can determine if deceptive behavior is being demonstrated. ­ ­

Considering that stress is the indicator for lies within polygraph examinations...I'm not sure its fair to give a person a polygraph exam who is already under an extreme amount of stress.

Hopefully people who administer them really know what they are doing when asking questions...considering they have been proven to be false in some cases.

I just hope that the police are looking into other possibilities as well...and not merely putting all their focus on the mother because that would be unfair to the child..and the family.

If the mother is guilty, I'm hoping at some point she will break down , and confess the details to how this came about...and where the body of the baby is.

The really sad part about these types of stories is that people can become afraid to call the police for help, when a child goes missing, because of the intense scrutiny they are put under by the police, the neighbors, the media, and everyone who has become aware of the story.

Can't be fun being in a police station all day, stressed to the max, being polygraphed.. and NOT being able to actively participate in looking for your child... or being there to help your other children cope..

I am not saying she is innocent, but I'm not going to decide she is until they have full proof, and have looked at other possibilities as well.

I feel very badly for the other two young boys... this has to be a nightmare for them on so many levels.

Even if the mother is guilty, that whole family still needs prayers or thoughts and well wishes of healing...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Great info and applause worthy insight. Though I must admit I was under the impression the lie-detector tests worked best when people were under pressure? Maybe not? I'll look into your information more, and thank you for it.

Just to let you know what I've been wondering. Well, I've been looking into the 'other' mother's and fathers in that group. I'm sure the police are also. What I'm interested in is this - how is it that these two parents have custody of all the children? Was it something that happened naturally (or premeditated - as in the case of Lisa where her mother did not tell her bio-father she even existed) - and/or - were the children placed with these two via courts and custody cases?

If there's custody cases involved - what about the parents 'left out' - the ones who didn't win custody? And what about their partners - in the here and now? Were they ever in the house? What's the relationship with Lisa's 'house parents' now? Etc.

So many questions - so little resources to find out! (For me at least)!

peace

edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've just watched a little snippet of news on the ABC site.

My first impression is that poor mother is falling apart with grief and worry and the police look like a gang of -far too young, gun-ho, hard bastards who would be better sticking to traffic duty and shooting family pets because they look like they couldn't in a million years carry out a proper missing person investigation. And the cop talking to the reporter looks like he's high on something.

That's just my first impression. Nasty innit.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's just my first impression. Nasty innit.

meh...I'd call it being honest..about your first impressions.

You may or may not be correct, but you have right to your first impressions..

edit on 7-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oct.7 MSNBC Interview

First off the missing Lisa is not Jeremy's Irwin's child. Why does she have his last name? Let's get the facts straight. He isn't even her step-father as Lisa's mother and Jeremy Irwin are not even married. Why can't MSM even get those basic facts straight. There's a little girl missing from her home. This is not the time to play patty-cake nicety nice with the parents. Stick to the FACTS and only the facts!

Like it or not 'make-believe' situations like this result in conflict and unresolved life facts - And unresolved facts of life and conflicts make for danger zones for children.

Beyond that - think about it. When the police asked who might be responsible? The 'parents' mentioned NINE names of different people who might be suspect of harm against Lisa. Is that not just over the top?

You parents, ask yourself, how many people in YOUR lives might be dangerous for your children? Is NINE people an acceptable number for you? NINE people in your life that might want to harm your child? Wow. Not the kind of living situation I'd want my child in - or any child in.

Then we've got a mother who failed a polygraph test - but - she can't remember 'why' or 'what questions' she failed on? Ouch. Gimme a break!

Third - Is this a coincidence this was the FIRST night the pseudo father Jeremy did an overnight shift? AND came home early from his FIRST overnight shift???

And on his first overnight shift he doesn't take his cell phone???

Wow... And to top it all off the door was unlocked when he got home early?

Then the cell phones being stolen along with Lisa?

Come on!!!

peace
edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Breaking News: LIVE STREAM

BI: Landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin

source

The FBI confirms a search of a Johnson County landfill is connected to the case of a 10-month-old missing Kansas City girl.

Reports are the mother made a phone call on one of the cell phones at 0230 in the morning. I'll supply a link as it comes in.

Is it significant a ambulance is arriving???

peace

edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You've got more than enough information there to warrant an arrest. Why haven't they been arrested?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

FBI: Johnson County landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin case

link

SHAWNEE, Kan. - The FBI confirms a search of a Johnson County landfill is connected to the case of a 10-month-old missing Kansas City girl.

More than a dozen law enforcement officers are searching the Deffenbaugh Industries Johnson County landfill in white protective suits.

An FBI spokeswoman confirmed what NBC Action News first reported, that the search is in connection to the case of Lisa Irwin, who was reported missing Tuesday morning.

This is looking bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
FBI search JOCO landfill for missing baby Lisa

SHAWNEE, KS (KCTV) -

Law enforcement officers are searching a Johnson County landfill Friday for missing 10-month-old baby Lisa Irwin, police said.
Police have confirmed for KCTV5 that authorities are currently on site at Deffenbaugh Industries, located near I-435 and Holliday Drive, searching the landfill for the missing baby.
FBI agents in white suits could be seen Friday combing a Johnson County landfill looking for clues in an effort to find Lisa.
Authorities have been searching for four days for the baby whose parents say was abducted from their Northland home.

Refresh the above link for updates.

edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: pic

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What makes you think that man isn't the father?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

What makes you think that man isn't the father?

It's not what I 'think' - it's fact.

The mother admitted the biological father 'does not even know Lisa exists.'

First time (supposedly) the biological father knew about Lisa's existence was when the police confronted him about her disappearance.

If you look back though the thread it's documented here. I can't go back through now as I'm waiting for updates from the landfill search and I have too many window's open. If you can't find the references on your own I'll give you a hand in a bit.

peace

edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll take your word for it. Just found it strange for you to say that when the couple are saying it was little Lisa who joined their two families together.
edit on 7-10-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dumpster Fire Leads Police To Search Landfill

KANSAS CITY, Mo.— An early morning dumpster fire this week has lead investigators to search a Johnson County landfill again in the Lisa Irwin case.
Police said there was a dumpster fire at an apartment complex at 4897 NE 37th Street at 2:27 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4. The dumpster is less than a half a mile away from the Irwin home. 10-month-old Lisa Irwin was reported missing on October 4.
The trash from that fire had been examined two times before, and police were at the Johnson County Deffenbaugh Industries' landfill on Friday to search it again.

Ok, are they grasping at straws and using Lisa to do a lot of 'paid training' (like repelling down cliffs as they did the first day - with NO scent picked up by the dogs) - or is there more to this they're not giving up to MSM?

Late Thursday evening, FOX 4 learned Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, made a 'deal' with national news networks and would no longer be talking with local media.

Something I've not wanted to get into - but there it is raising it's ugly head again. THAT'S JUST SICK! Their baby isn't even found and they're already making 'deals'!

peace

edit on 7-10-2011 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo thanks for sharing this I was thinking of her earlier this week but didnt want to make a thread about her Just didnt feel right. I seen they said the father came home at 4 am and she was gone 1 window entrance and 3 phones missing. I cant stand this type of ignorance here on Earth if there is possible foul play. I hope she is ok somewhere but I just cannot imaging how no one heard the intruder enter and exit window with the child.

Prays for her innocent soul. Preys on the soul of the potential deceptive. Sad Earth cant even keep all the children happy producing good vibes nope just massive ignorance and pain.

Wishes her and her family the best in reuniting..
edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
this is particularly sad because its several days later and we all know nothing positive will come of this. authorities are now only going to look to punish, and not to save.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Silo thanks for sharing this I was thinking of her earlier this week but didnt want to make a thread about her Just didnt feel right.

I know what you mean. When I started the thread I was a cockeyed optimist there'd be a happy ending. I so wanted to bring something to the boards to help support hope and wipe out cynicism.

Now I've been filling my days and nights with the disappearance of Lisa and I'm mired in the whole ugliness of it.

I'll be honest, If I'd of known I wouldn't have taken it on. I've just got to stick with it.

At this moment - I can't help but think Lisa is with the angels. I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you for your post.

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm very upset at this story too. I hope it ends well.

And I can understand the parents behaviour. They've said they wont do any more interviews because the press is making them out to be guilty of something. Well that's true. In their eagerness to make a "great" story better the reporters add on every snippet to make the story "even better". Lets be honest, the media love bad news, and so do readers.

So they've clammed up and now people are saying it's because they want to make money? do you believe that already?

It seems to me like either someone knew the father wouldn't be in the house that night or it was a botched robbery, i.e. the baby woke up and made a noise. Or she was the target in the first place.

I don't see anything suspicious about the parents behaviour at all. They'll be co-operative, then un-cooperative, going through every emotion. I'd be screaming and smashing stuff and grabbing policemen by their necks. That's quite normal. I asked this already - why haven't they been arrested yet if they're under suspicion?

They're being painted badly before there's proof of anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I know what you mean. When I started the thread I was a cockeyed optimist there'd be a happy ending. I so wanted to bring something to the boards to help support hope and wipe out cynicism.

Sorry but you started this thread accusing the parents of murder.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Sorry but you started this thread accusing the parents of murder.

Look, this isn’t about me. It’s about Lisa. But I will state that you’re way off base. I did NOT start this off in the way you claimed. What I said was I HOPE it’s not another Casey Anthony type case. AND, that it‘s sad - very sad that - with all the other cases of parents being responsible for their children's death that the first thing I was thinking was negative - that the first thing that came to mind was - the mother or father is at fault and corrupt and I wished it wasn’t so.

Anyway, let’s get back to Lisa and the facts.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What I am getting from this now is... "those bad cops are being to mean to us" garbage. Basic guilt tactic...blame someone else or get everyone to pay attention to something else.

I know polygraph tests are not 100% but come on, they aren't even going to give the dad/guy one?! One thing that needs to happen but I know they pretty much can't is ask those other kids their side of the story, especially that 10 year old. I want to know what those kids know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join