It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedRebel5

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
OOOOH...I hope that this is true! It's about time. I can't wait to see the videos of local police trying to "take down" or hush US Armed Forces in full dress. For all of you on ATS who stated that this "Occupy Wall Street Thing" won't work...think again. This is just a start. This is what we pay our soldiers to protect...OUR FREEDOM.
I applaud them for standing up for OUR RIGHTS and your comment...priceless THIS IS WHY WE PAY OUR SOLDIERS! NOW imagine what we come about if they pepper spray our armed forces like they did them women!

Sorry, I took this thread very seriously until this comment, and I remember our gas training.....I'm sorry, but if the police used 'pepper' spray on marines, the daily show might be able to use that footage as a spoof bit....I think the odds of the marines grinning at the use of the pepper spray are higher than them dropping to all fours. I remember my first experience with gas, we were told to stand, arms out, and recite, 'schofield's definition of discipline' before we could leave the chamber, and it follows:

The discipline which makes the soldiers of a free country reliable in battle is not to be gained by harsh or tyrannical treatment. On the contrary, such treatment is far more likely to destroy than to make an army. It is possible to impart instruction and to give commands in such a manner and such a tone of voice to inspire in the soldier no feeling but an intense desire to obey, while the opposite manner and tone of voice cannot fail to excite strong resentment and a desire to disobey. The one mode or the other of dealing with subordinates springs from a corresponding spirit in the breast of the commander. He who feels the respect which is due to others cannot fail to inspire in them regard for himself, while he who feels, and hence manifests, disrespect toward others, especially his inferiors, cannot fail to inspire hatred against himself.

Major General John M. Schofield
Address to the Corps of Cadets
August 11, 1879

I am positive the marines had it just as tough with their gas training......Sorry, had to lighten the mood a bit.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It would be hard for the soldier quoted in the article to "show up in his dress blues" seeing as the Army doesn't issue dress blues.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would love to see that PRESIDENT of USA will stand behind protesters.. Then, and only then those troops would have bigger role !

I share mine hope for all earthens and truly believe that this is begging of new era of humankind !!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denius507
I would love to see that PRESIDENT of USA will stand behind protesters.. Then, and only then those troops would have bigger role !

I share mine hope for all earthens and truly believe that this is begging of new era of humankind !!

Disagree with one point, stand in Front of the protesters...The president should be the first one to champion our civil liberties....Regardless if he/she agrees with the message, the president is the commander in chief.
edit on 1-10-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yeah, well, the TPTB foundation is crumbling.

They are in damage control. Anything they do is to attempt to re-strengthen their foundation. And when we see cops lash out inappropriately, we can see TPTB frantically hanging on to what little they have left.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

We didn't have pepper spray when I was in, but we did have to go through tear gas training and several versions of the "smoke house". I suspect most veterans would be able to say the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Obama?
Be real dude. This guy supports destroying us just as much as Bush did.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I can attest that pepper spray is nothing compared to being gassed in the military.

I even allowed my daughter to test her pepper spray on me, and having done it a few times tear gas would not be all that bad either.
No big deal. It is annoying, but.......I do not see it being very effective against people that has done it a few times.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
WOW, things are about to get very interesting

think about the typical enlisted and officers in the marines, army, navy, air force

not only does the us taxpayer pay for their salaries and benefits...but they've had their eyes opened to what a scam these wars since AFTER ww2 have been

now they come home...see us citizens being attacked for expressing freedom , criticizing evil banking forces, and the government themselves...and deep inside they know they have an oath to keep

alll enemies, foreign and domestic

oh boy...government is about to get a HUGE wake up call

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OK, this just may be 'it'. You can tell because there is absolutely no mention of this anywhere on the MSM. Finally some change may be forced. People power has to win in the end. If I lived in America I would be there. I live in hope once again.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you, I really believe it, and I know those who stood beside me did as well...I know most civilians would say we are idealistic or naive, but it takes heart, character, and moral stamina to put a uniform on and fight for what is right. America could do far worse harm than incorporating the moral integrity of even the newest private into our daily life. Leaders of character execute the hard right over easy wrong regardless of the cost for no other reason than it is the right thing to do. With that I will leave this thread alone, my respect and support go out to those that stand for the rights of others even when they infringe upon their own rights. It is easy to defend someone or something you agree with, it is an entirely different matter to defend those against you. Using those few marines as a criteria, weigh our own hearts and souls....

Originally posted by spikey

Pointr97,

FANTASTIC post mate.

You have summed up EXACTLY what this thread is about!

It's about something that has been and is being overlooked and swept under the rug more and more as the days roll by...plain old common decency and honor (US spelling, as you deserve it!)

It's seeing something that's wrong and saying, enough!

With this small band of US Marine Vets, we're seeing a glimpse of what America is REALLY about, not what the controllers try to convince us she's about.

Your post brought a lump to my throat.

It's a VERY rare thing, let me tell you.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I m from outer country watching this with excitement(don't need to explain).. I don't know will Obama support protesters (behind on standing in front) but that would be sightseeing.. Thing to be written in past..

Don't take mine English as written but as supposed to be.. Take a note that I m supporting protesters.. If u can't understand mine English learn Croatian, then we will talk..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just saw a link on my FB scroll stating individual ARMY and Marines heading to the protest. I think things might really be about to ignite as there was very little chatter about the protest on my facebook feeds in the past days. Within the past few minutes (since I commented on it in my status) now my feeds are exploding with links and status updates.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

I m from outer country watching this with excitement(don't need to explain).. I don't know will Obama support protesters (behind on standing in front) but that would be sightseeing.. Thing to be written in past..

Don't take mine English as written but as supposed to be.. Take a note that I m supporting protesters.. If u can't understand mine English learn Croatian, then we will talk..
I am not one of the grammar police. I understand the intent of your message. That is enough. Obama is not the solution though. Obama has chosen to be one of the causes of our problems.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've only read 2 pages so far, but I have to say a couple of things. I'm not a vet, but from what I know there is no such thing as "1 marine." You touch 1 you touch them all. Not a direction nypd wants to go.

As for wearing the dress uniform. It would be a public relations nightmare to take action against these patriots! The wars and occupations are losing public support. They would be insane to kill off any positive publicity they have. The armed forced will not stop these guys from dressing out.

For those that don't know, there are several groups like the Patriot Guard, and Sons of Liberty Riders that will likely step in to defend the soldiers as well.

Imagine this scene. Protestors defended by Marine vets defended by Patriot Guard Bikers defended by Outlaw bikers and Sons of Liberty!!!

The thread title could be 100% correct. This could be it! The taser heard round the world, or worse.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
at least it wouldn't look good if it was plastered all over cnn and youtube of a u.s. marine getting tasered trying to defend a protester getting pummelled by a baton.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The thread title could be 100% correct. This could be it! The taser heard round the world, or worse.

I actually fear that could be a catalyst - the wrong (innocent) person, God forbid a child, injured or killed and all bets might be off... It could happen with these large crowds...

edit on 1-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It's a great statement. We're all fighting for the same thing, eh? No matter how we fight.

Wish I could be there too.

Does anyone know if there are buses going to Wall Street from other areas of the country?

I've heard rumors that the Tea Party is there...as it should be (per the REAL Tea Party's mission). Can anyone substantiate?

reply to post by getreadyalready

Ummm...what did I miss? They're going to protect the protestors' right to protest I thought. Maybe I've missed something.
edit on 10/1/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

hey money makes the world go round thats a fact and this world is all about

who wants it
who works for it
who thinks they are entitled to it
who thinks it grows on trees.

yeah stupidity does offend me

Don't you feel stupid for thinking you have to be compensated with money because you're locked in a system of control?
Would you ever lift your finger to provide a service to your COMMUNITY for the betterment of YOUR community?

Money is put in place of character flaws.
Show one rich elite piece of crap example of one with any character what-so-ever...

That doesn't buy his way into the hearts of men.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
awesome!

thank you

thank you

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join