It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

happy happy thoughts doesnt put food on my table or a roof over my head

or pay my bills.

so nope dont feel stupid

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Thanks for posting this. It's a great statement. We're all fighting for the same thing, eh? No matter how we fight.

Wish I could be there too.

Does anyone know if there are buses going to Wall Street from other areas of the country?

reply to post by getreadyalready

Ummm...what did I miss? They're going to protect the protestors' right to protest I thought. Maybe I've missed something.

edit on 10/1/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)
The protest is going nationwide. It starts here in central Florida next month. Links were provided earlier in the thread, see if there are protests planned for your area.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
It would be hard for the soldier quoted in the article to "show up in his dress blues" seeing as the Army doesn't issue dress blues.

Yes they do, its new.

The blue Army Service Uniform (ASU) is the "new" service uniform, and was adopted for optional wear in 2008. It was issued to new soldiers starting in the fall of 2010, and must be worn army-wide as mandatory wear after October 2015. The ASU is replacing two uniforms already in use – the "Army Green" service uniform and the "Army White" service uniform. It will be based on the current dress uniform known as the "dress blue" uniform. It has its roots in the "Army Blue" uniform, which dates back to the Revolutionary War, in which the Continental Army outfitted its soldiers in blue to distinguish them from the red uniform coats of the British Army. It also recalls the Civil War Union Army's blue uniforms.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by loveguy

or pay my bills.

so nope dont feel stupid

So you are comfortable taking it as it is handed to you?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Outstanding post, S&F, this type of news is just amazzing. You can almost feel the energy in all the 'reply' support posts!

This would be truely an historic event for America if this information, with whatever spin it gets, turns VIRAL.. GOD willing this will be the beginning of what the American citizens have long been overdue. Hallejuah and many blessings.

Go get em America!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

handed? wrong word choice worked and earned as opposed to

those sitting on wall street with their hands out

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
It would be hard for the soldier quoted in the article to "show up in his dress blues" seeing as the Army doesn't issue dress blues.
I guess you were not in the Army? Neither was I, but google answers a lot of questions. For example: Army dress blues

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Thanks, must have missed the links. I'm looking to be at ground zero...on Wall Street...because while satellite protests are nice, there's nothing more effective than a mass of people. No debate there. I'll be there (on Wall Street) later this month when I get paid (if they're still there) but was looking for a ride up sooner. Making my sign as we speak.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

In the early few pages, people were saying the Marines would be forbidden from wearing their uniforms, and also saying they would be treated like any other protestor and 1 Marine is no match for 6 cops. I was just replying the uniform thing would be a public relations nightmare and the DoD won't act on it, and there is no such thing as 1 Marine. If the NYPD messes with 1, they will likely be messing with them all. And I'm sure NYPD has some Marines on staff, and I'm about 90% sure the Marine loyalty is far more ingrained than the NYPD loyalty, so if any cop acts inappropriately, the police will likely be outnumbered and facing some of their own men!

From what I've heard, there are plenty of Oathkeepers on the NYPD, and the brass have allowed the police to join the protest if they wish to do so. I don't know this to be a fact, but I've read it in a couple of places.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Where are my Dress Blues..... Sgt. USMC I might not be there but you are in my thoughts.... Be safe and watch out for the corrupt union.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
After just finishing watching the movie "Battle For Los Angeles", I think the appropriate
phrase is: Retreat.. HELL!

link   

reply to post by loveguy

handed? wrong word choice worked and earned as opposed to

those sitting on wall street with their hands out

OK. How about compensated?
Anyway, you and I are members of the same community.

I got your six, in spirit.

link   

Okay, thanks for filling me in. If they're not in dress uniform or uniform at all, they'd be just we the people. I got lost when you go to the part about the Patriot Guard et al. We're all in the 99% so I don't see American fighting American on this one at all. But that's the flaming optimist part of me. The bloody realist will never forget American fighting American in Wisconsin. That made me weep.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

or pay my bills.

so nope dont feel stupid

That is the problem, regarding Maslow's hierarchy of needs, you haven't progressed much....

That is the basis of this entire conversation, that people are standing up for other people because it is right, not because it is in their own interest. They gain nothing out of it....they are self-actualized, you are still at the bottom of the pyramid and focused on making a buck more than helping the world around you. An individual at a lower tier cannot truly understand the drives of a higher tier, they are too caught up by their own tier requirements, and you are at the Safety tier....That is our societal problem, too much me me me, and not enough us us us......However, you can take it with you, so keep focused on that, your kids will thank you for a better world in which to live.
edit on 1-10-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Thanks, must have missed the links. I'm looking to be at ground zero...on Wall Street...because while satellite protests are nice, there's nothing more effective than a mass of people. No debate there. I'll be there (on Wall Street) later this month when I get paid (if they're still there) but was looking for a ride up sooner. Making my sign as we speak.

Here you go.

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
To those who want to go to Occupy Wall Street but can't because of distance...

There are also Occupy movements going on in:

San Francisco
Chicago
Memphis
Portland
D.C.
Pittsburgh
Miami

and Many, MANY, more...
www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

anyone seeking monetary gain could be considered a "Capitalist" where that term diverges from reality are other isms that come par for the course as to how that capital is obtained.

some work some dont and some thinks they are owed it for merely existing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What did the rooster say when he finally woke up from the Corporate Elite's Nightmare?

cock-a-doodle-coup!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not a thing about the protests anywhere on Googles front page.

Welcome to the msm google, you now one of them

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I too agree. While there are rules regarding where and when a service member can wear their uniform, I think the circumstances in this case could cause the rule to be overlooked. It is not like the soldiers are out protesting with PETA or something, they are supporting America just like they swore to and I think it would be very difficult to make a distinction on whether or not wearing a uniform in this case is in violation of the UCMJ.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

anyone seeking monetary gain could be considered a "Capitalist" where that term diverges from reality are other isms that come par for the course as to how that capital is obtained.

some work some dont and some thinks they are owed it for merely existing.

So, if you were born deaf dumb and blind, you deserve to be exterminated because you can't provide for yourself- let alone anyone else?

The entire concept of compensation is a racket.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join