It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In any case, I'm glad to see veterans going out there. As other have rightly said, the oath they swore was to the Constitution and I think there's a big difference between them imposing order (posse comitatus) and showing their own protests. Their voices deserve to be heard, and considering their blood was spilled so many of these people could get richer, it's not surprising they would be among the angriest people and would join the protest.

These days, the split is changing. Young people are apolitical, but their news is coming from social networking. My older friends have no idea what is happening, but people younger than me are abuzz, and since they get their news from other places, maybe now some truth about who owns what will break free into the common discussion. I don't think the media will cover it, but it may get out there in spite of that.

Anyway, semper fi.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I think most of us that are older have seen this time in our country coming for a long while. It seriously brings tears to my eyes when I think about all the ramifications beginning to play out and how it will affect our children in the coming days and years.... It truly does.

I also think many of my generation, with much trepidation, sadness and resolve are beginning to think, and perhaps now starting to say aloud--

Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." -- Captain John Parker, 1775

As much as we don't want it, we do see there may not be any other option to protect our posterity

What a terrifying and exciting time to be alive... It is NOT 1775 and there are far more tools available to TPTB

I just pray there are enough loyal patriots to stand and stop what TPTB intend to do with such raw emotion of The People!

It would REALLY suck to assist in our own demise

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good for the marines.
They however should leave their uniforms at home as staed above. .

edit on 1-10-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Um... Uh...

Only one Marine was quoted in the article. How did you get 'Marines' in plural form?

edit on 10/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

My crediting US marines with the competence and authority to decide what is right for themselves irks you?

I don't give a toss what the government thinks, they are Vets..they have *earned* the right to wear those uniforms whenever and wherever they damn well choose!

If that choice involves saying enough is enough, and going along in support of their increasingly oppressed fellow Americans who are peacefully protesting, more power to their elbows.

I'm proud of them.

And anyone else who claims to love freedom and honour above profit and money should be proud of them too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

i have better things to do at the moment like sitting here on ats and argue with the other communists

Is this your job, Neo?

Second line.
edit on 1-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Plus the cops a a lot more heavy handed than a soldier would be. The soldier would see the cops as a fellow american and the cops since 9/11 have increasingly viewed the american people as the enemy.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

nope a job is something you paid to do like getting called a shill dont get paid for my opiinons

i am just spreading the wealth here.

come one now wall street must die!!!!!!! this country is too capitalistic!! evil!!! come one now!!!

lets blight that scourge of humanity off the face of this planet!

oh wait where you gonna get your iphones,xboxs and everything else we take for granted today

need a car?
need a home?
need a education?

wanna buy something online?

no no ats readers WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BANKS!!!

yeah right

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Without comment either pro or con on the nature of the protest I simply comment that if servicemen do indeed appear in uniform they open themselves up to some pretty big problems with the service. The US Army (and all other services) highly regulate the wearing of the uniform. In the case of the US Army AR 670-1 governs this and states in part:

j. Wearing Army uniforms is prohibited in the following situations:
(1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.
(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.
(3) When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization. (4) When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army. (5) When specifically prohibited by Army regulations.

My experience is that this would be handled quickly by military police particularly with the advance warning that has now been given.

These guys are vets not active duty so I would venture to say the Military police have no jurisdiction here unless there is something in the enlistment contract the gives them jurisdiction after they are out.
edit on 1-10-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

In the OP and the source doc there are indications that the people are both active and veterans. If the vets are still in the inactive reserve or on active service they are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Read MPs.

If they are civilians they are still violating federal law if they wear their uniform except in some very narrow cases of which this isn't one. In that case they would be subject to US Code violations and could be arrested by civil authorities.

This would be a big tactical error on the vets part if they did it. By their actions they give authorities legitimate justification to arrest them and one from which they have no good defense. That action takes the spotlight off of their protest. Much better to show up in civilian dress, Tee shirts declaring their former military status and signs are great, and have a legitimate protest.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

yeah keep sucking that government teet and you think its bad now

you aint seen nothing yet

Er.... what?

Are you confusing me with someone else?

YOU'RE the one who's pro-capitalism.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

nope a job is something you paid to do like getting called a shill dont get paid for my opiinons

i am just spreading the wealth here.

come one now wall street must die!!!!!!! this country is too capitalistic!! evil!!! come one now!!!

lets blight that scourge of humanity off the face of this planet!

oh wait where you gonna get your iphones,xboxs and everything else we take for granted today

need a car?
need a home?
need a education?

wanna buy something online?

no no ats readers WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BANKS!!!

yeah right

Because your thought process is unwilling to engage any alternatives to the current system, does NOT give you the right to insult those who CAN think of alternatives.

Besides your attitude stinks, you seem to carry an air of 1950's Americanism around with you and calling everyone a Commie is a rather child-like way to push your defence.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by Skewed

I think most of us that are older have seen this time in our country coming for a long while. It seriously brings tears to my eyes when I think about all the ramifications beginning to play out and how it will affect our children in the coming days and years.... It truly does.

I also think many of my generation, with much trepidation, sadness and resolve are beginning to think, and perhaps now starting to say aloud--

Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." -- Captain John Parker, 1775

As much as we don't want it, we do see there may not be any other option to protect our posterity

What a terrifying and exciting time to be alive... It is NOT 1775 and there are far more tools available to TPTB

I just pray there are enough loyal patriots to stand and stop what TPTB intend to do with such raw emotion of The People!

It would REALLY suck to assist in our own demise

I do not believe there is a civilian out there on the streets that is just itching to start slinging lead. I think deep down we all want it to go no further than what it has. But the moment the authority starts trying to shut things down is when the SHTF, but at the same time we have to keep the pressure on them and even slowly increase it until something gives, as it surely will. It is the authority that makes the call in which direction this will go. They can fire the first shot, or they can agree to legitimate serious talks to give in to our demands. Either way, we will get what we want, it is authority that will decide how it is delivered, but they will acquiesce to our demands.

The problem with humans is, they do not make very good slaves, we always end up free.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

no no ats readers WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BANKS!!! yeah right

You're making this out to be something that it isn't mate.

The correct statement would be..WE DON'T NEED NO MONOPOLISTIC, MEGALITHIC STINKING BANK, BRIBING THE HELL OUTTA OUR POLITICIANS AND CALLING IT LOBBYING!!!

Banks...yes, the above type of bank? No.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The way that title was written, it almost sounds too good to be true.

If it turns out to be what it is with these marines well, the s has oficially started to htf. Will these protests reach the scale of what has been seen in the Middle-East from now on? What about matial law?

Too bad that marines don't practice that conscience exercise more often before they get sent to kill innocent civilians on foreighn countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

no

im a yankee capitalist pig get the lingo right

comrade

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Its a surprise!!! I thought that the US military is a bunch of mindless automatons.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

the alternative?

look around the world there is no alternative that has every lifted up a people and a society

as capitialism and advanced them to this level which no other era has ever remotely achieved.

think poverty doesnt exist under any other economic model?

yeah right

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

oh you mean like government calling all the shots in this country

for people and business alike?

hey we agree

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

no

im a yankee capitalist pig get the lingo right

comrade

No really, you're an enigma. You're upset about people being upset.

Mainstreet is clearly upset with the behavoir of monopolistic thugs in wallstreet who play with us like marianette dolls.

But you're somehow offended by this movement.... So you sir, are the enigma.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I completely agree with your sentiment and your resolve but I disagree about the populous, there are MANY out there who are itching for revolution and indeed seek the downfall of our great nation, due in part to what we have allowed it to become

The brainwashed are many, the wise are few..... I just continue to tell myself when SHTF the brainwashed will wake up and begin to listen to the wise

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join