It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Do you have a job? And if you do,what is it that you do.
Just curious.
And in a general sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Just responding to the picture you chose to post as a reason for why this is going on.

I'm currently looking for work
edit on 1-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by kdog1982

Just responding to the picture you chose to post as a reason for why this is going on.

I'm currently looking for work
edit on 1-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

I do apologize for your situation. I'm in the same boat,sort of.
I guess I should have posted pics like these instead.

wearethe99percent.tumblr.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
10,000 ! is that all NYC can drum up. There are churches bigger than that in the country states!

This isn't a protest, it's a minor sqeak. get 60,000 and I'll take notice

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I know there is a lot of pessimistic responses to this protest, like it won't change anything, or there is not enough organization, not enough people, wrong place, not a clear enough agenda, the list goes on, but I'm just glad that at least there are still people with a passion to unite against what they believe is unfair.

Oblig song.

edit on 2-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

yeh no it's not so much that I'm defending Wall Street, as much as I am not defending the Ruckus Society and some of the NGO's behind the protest. Goldman Sachs is pretty corrupt, and it's obscene they took bailout then turned around and got bonuses after the mismanagement and bilking of investors of their wealth and left the taxpayers to pick up the tab. But you see, from the Tea Party perspective, it was part of the manipulation of nationalizing the financial sector. It's just that these guys got their golden parachutes while the rest of us must succomb to the One World Order. The Elite will never suffer under the conditions they expect to force upon the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
10,000 Fist in the Air - Disturbed ! watch it play it !

a Great protest Song of Today !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It is quite a thorn in my side.. that this is getting little if any coverage.. other then the spread of word of mouth. Since this has started.. They don't talk about NY on tv, or the news.. and even my favorite webcam feeds from around NY are down, especially the MTV one
Where will I watch snookie now?

and dont say jersey shore... ugh /facepalm

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
10k isn't alot for a revolution. Even though some people may think that they are standing up (or just getting a free concert) I'd probably bet that very little of them have ever considered the possibility of a real revolution. It takes guts.

I havent seen Wall St, so obviously only going off media. But why on earth would OccupyWallSt need to promote lies to start a revolutionary protest? That is wrong, not in the moral sense, just downright stupid.

Revolutionist at heart. You dont need to hang a carrot out to try convince people to protest.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

I cant see any live stream there at all.... i think the site doesnt work

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
people knocking the protests here on ats should be ashamed. it's honestly pathetic. people finally band together to say something and be heard, and people here sitting behind their computers sneer, 'oh well, it's only hippies', nothing to see here, or 'ill be impressed if i see 10k on a weekday'. why do i even bother posting here among such ignorance.

Im with you , my friend.

Freaking pathetic is right.

People finally attempt to kae OUR voices heard,
and these lemmings sit and talk # about it.

unfknreal.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I bet you won't be surprised to hear that the occupy wallstreet and all other protests are getting next to zero news coverage in the UK.

The BBC has had one article that says about 2000 people marched on the NYPD headquarters and nothing else. Thanks ATS members for spreading the news to us that are obviously being kept in the dark from the powers that be.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just want to send my Support to all the People on/ in Wallstreet:
"You are doing good, thank you very much!"

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi..is it live right now? Did they occupy the Brooklyn Bridge? Or is this old stream??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shansen

First they came for the communists,

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me"

Martin Niemoller

I hope I entered this quote correctly for ATS.
You're right. Many do sitll have a job, a home, etc, but look around. A job can be lost in a second. A home can be stolen by a bank with a letter. Entire families are living in homeless shelters, under bridges, on the streets. People who thought they had pensions suddenly found out they don't. There's no one to 'bail (them) out'. There are no million dollar vacations for them to take. They are trying to figure out where their next meal is coming from. So many of the disenfranchised have no place to turn. There was a time when those who fell on hard times could count on their neighbors to step up. Now the neighbors are in the same sinking boat.

I hope those with work & homes can hold on to those things...the shelters are full.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

First they take out your MONEY,

Then they take out your HOUSE,

And after that they take out your LIBERTY of speech

And finally they take out your FREEDOM

Because they say you have no RIGHTS

But this is good very good,because they are scared,very scared.Friday NYSE will be closed>guess why....
And when the 1 percent is scared they start making mistakes and is very good because they don't know but this is the beginning of the end AND WHAT AN END.....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Come share why YOU are protesting!

Let's get the story out in out own words.

Here's the ATS thread: Why Are YOU Protesting???

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wall Street rally coming to Raleigh

Published Sat, Oct 01, 2011 06:12 PM
Modified Sat, Oct 01, 2011 06:14 PM
From staff reports

www.newsobserver.com/2011/10/01/1532030/wall-street-rally-coming-to-raleigh.html

RALEIGH -- As Occupy Wall Street, a so-called “leaderless resistance movement,” goes into its third week of protests and marches nationally, a group in Raleigh plans to meet Sunday to start their own show of discontent.

The local effort, Occupy Raleigh, has put a call out on Facebook for people to gather in Moore Square from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday to stand with protesters occupying Wall Street in New York and other cities across the country.

A similar group met in Charlotte on Saturday.

On Web sites for the movement, participants describe themselves as people of all backgrounds and political persuasions.

(...)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
people knocking the protests here on ats should be ashamed. it's honestly pathetic. people finally band together to say something and be heard, and people here sitting behind their computers sneer, 'oh well, it's only hippies', nothing to see here, or 'ill be impressed if i see 10k on a weekday'. why do i even bother posting here among such ignorance.

Im with you , my friend.

Freaking pathetic is right.

People finally attempt to kae OUR voices heard,
and these lemmings sit and talk # about it.

unfknreal.

People are well within their individual rights to disagree with the protests, either the why or how of them. Surely you don't seek conformity at the expense of the rights of the individual?
And, if you are so discouraged by the words of a few people on an internet site, I hope you aren't leading your movement.

There are problems with the country. This occupy thing, while I applaud their intent, isn't going to help.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
10,000 ! is that all NYC can drum up. There are churches bigger than that in the country states!

This isn't a protest, it's a minor sqeak. get 60,000 and I'll take notice

You've clearly already taken notice, douchebag

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join