It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the SIZE of this WILD BOAR.... is this real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockNLoad
Thread on Snopes forum, back in 2000:
message.snopes.com...

Killed in Turkey not 1800Lbs, but just under 800Lbs.
Nature Tours web site:
www.naturetours.fr...

-old link-www.naturetours.com.tr...

-edit-
Broken naturetours link fixed ... Kinda, it redirects to a French site, but it is still "Nature Tours", and pictures of the bore and man are on the website, and it has the Turkish flag in the main page, so it appears to be the same tour outfit as mentioned in the snopes post.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I remember seeing a picture of one hanging by it's back legs that was suppose to be 2,000 lbs. I think it was from Arkansas or Missouri. I don't know if they actually get that big, but I do know from live ones I've seen, they can get big enough to be damn scary.

I remember that one it was fake.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Thread on Snopes forum, back in 2000:
message.snopes.com...

Killed in Turkey not 1800Lbs, but just under 800Lbs.
Nature Tours web site:
www.naturetours.fr...

-old link-www.naturetours.com.tr...

-edit-
Broken naturetours link fixed ... Kinda, it redirects to a French site, but it is still "Nature Tours", and pictures of the bore and man are on the website, and it has the Turkish flag in the main page, so it appears to be the same tour outfit as mentioned in the snopes post.

Ain't that some fecal matter..... LoL Frenches LoL... it sure it on that site

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
although these photos may be doctored a little they may not be...

This is a Russian wild boar and the areas listed in the US are indeed having problems with them... They are huge and fierce. They are so vicious that spears used to hunt them long ago had to have angled spikes further down from the point. These were needed because these boars were well known for working the way down the spear and in fact even killing those hunting them once impaled by an ordinary spear...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It is probably a real photo. I remember this one from a few years ago:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Ive hunted south georgia for almost 40 years,

Feral hogs can get upwards of 1000 lbs.
My dad killed a 772 lb hog ( weighed at the recycling plant) that was ripping a fence apart like tissue paper to get at soybeans.

That Photo is fake, and Ive never seen or heard of a 1600lb wild hog except online.

I will add that the serious hog hunters wont post photos online like one ATSer posted....lol.
They could care less about some "pee-see internet web-blot". ( I don't mean that in a bad way, it's a fact.)

Anyone from south georgia who hunts would get a laugh out of that post.

Most hog hunters I know use dogs to CATCH the hog alive.

They take them home, castrate them, fatten them up for a few months and fill their freezers with porkchops and ham.
This is no joke.

Your family can eat for a year for 6 months worth of hog feed and a little work.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

There is a living giant pig that makes the rounds of the county fairs here in California. I have personally seen this pig live in person with my own eyes. It is a huge pig. The ear of the pig is as wide as a mans arm.

I can say without any doubt that pigs and boars can get that big. If you don't believe it you can come to the county fair and see it for yourself. Only cost $1 to see it

The pig is almost as long as the pen they keep it in.

EDIT:
Here's another wild boar and the article to go with it
www.smh.com.au...

This one was killed in 2004 in Georgia....Google Hogzilla

and another giant hog

edit on 30-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add pic

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
It is probably a real photo. I remember this one from a few years ago:

Real photo but the guy is kneeling down about 10+ feet behind the hog and the camera has a telephoto lens making the hog look bIgger then it really is.

The clue is the ground in front of the hog is out of focus but the woods in the background are focused as far as you can see.

Old photo trick done it many times with fish i cought
edit on 30-9-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

actually there was a documentary about this I found my girlfriend watching and they had photos of even bigger hogs, but yeah I the photo can be real

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

My friend lives in Texas and claims there are tons of boars that size and that they are a huge nusiance. Said they are a mix and now they just produce and run rampant; as far as I'm told anyways...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
In all three photographs, all the men are situated behind the boar, makes me believe they are trying to exaggerate the actual size of the boar.

There is nothing to reference its true size.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I seen a pic of an even larger one a hwile back i will tryt o find it, so yeah they totally can get that big.

Tonights sausages are on that guy!

yeah, that's hogzilla.

these feral pigs can get huge.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
1st. Yes. They get that big.

2nd. Baconnnn!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yes pigs can get this big.

In fact most of the “Monster wild boars” were probably escaped farm pigs. Pigs and boars have one of the strongest survival instincts of the animal kingdom. A farm pig that escapes the farm will grow fur, grow elongated tusks and grow to enormous size over the course of its life in the wild.

You can see the shape of the skull in the pic has a slight indentation. Wild boars have distinctly straight nasal bones. Whereas farm pigs have a more scoop like nasal bone.
If a farm pig escapes while still very young its skull will reshape itself and become more straight like its wild cousins.
I believe this “wild Boar” is actually an escaped farm pig, that did so very young, and had managed to survive and grow to its enormous size by exploiting its natural surroundings – some have been known to grow as large as 4-5 tons.

This is based on facts I saw in a National Geographic Documentary about pigs, wild boars and the more mysterious “Monster Boars”

Here is a pic that clearly shows the difference in skulls media.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
oh my god, if that is real and not photoshopped... just wow lol

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I live in TX and can tell you YES they do get that big, and its scary to see one up close that is bigger than a small compact car.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wild boar, feral pigs.... I`ve hunted and run into a few. A very close friend shot one down south in arkansas over 400lbs. It was a russian feral mix also.

They are dangerous, this particular pig attacked two hunters on a four wheeler. Scared them seriously, was lifting the four wheeler with them on it high enough to make them think it was gonna knock them off.

We mostly were all bow hunters.. so not much chance of being able to protect yourself fast enough at that point. Its well known in southern arkansas to be aware of these animals. I have smelled them long before I`ve seen em though.. its a foreign smell in the woods. Farm yard kinda.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wild boar, feral pigs.... I`ve hunted and run into a few. A very close friend shot one down south in arkansas over 400lbs. It was a russian feral mix also.

They are dangerous, this particular pig attacked two hunters on a four wheeler. Scared them seriously, was lifting the four wheeler with them on it high enough to make them think it was gonna knock them off.

We mostly were all bow hunters.. so not much chance of being able to protect yourself fast enough at that point. Its well known in southern arkansas to be aware of these animals. I have smelled them long before I`ve seen em though.. its a foreign smell in the woods. Farm yard kinda.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Real picture but wrong info attached

The article below claims the hog was shot in Turkey back in 2005

www.yourhoustonnews.com...

The real story – if true – may have a more international flavor.
According to a French hunting magazine published in 2005, the boar was shot in July 2005 in Turkey by hunters on an expedition hosted by Nature Tours.
A .300-caliber rifle was used to bring the beast down – the largest reported boar in Turkey, weighing around 781 pounds – the magazine reported.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join