It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way Jet fuel burns.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Now the collapse of the towers is greatly associated with this burning jet fuel, now id imagine and have been told by 'official storys' that the plane hit the tower and the jet fuel spilled out and flooded the floors setting alight and burning.

BUT watching an episode of myth busters, they were testing movie myths, one of them being when the hero lights a trail of fuel on fire and it races along the trail and blows the car up. They tested diesel, petrol and........ Jet fuel. The jet fuel failed miserably along with the diesel, with the reason for this being that diesel and jet fuel can only burn properly when its in a gas state. In a liquid state it just will not stay alight in the same way petrol would.

So surely if this is true, at the most you would have got a quick flash/explosion which we all seen as certain amounts of the jet fuel combusted on impact, but the rest of the fuel that leaked out couldnt have caught fire according to this theory??

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Cut support posts,

falling at gravity speed,

molten steel,

falling into it's self,

the sounds of explosions before, during, and while falling.

all mean the planes did it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Thats the one thing that does it for me, or the 2 things should I say. The fact that it falls at pretty much free fall speed, and that it falls straight down. If it had bounced around and dropped down slowly and fell off to the side or something then fair enough..... But it didnt...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've heard every 9/11 conspiracy theory, and while it's an "attractive" subject, I really don't see the so-called truth movement going any further. It will never be 100% proven, as far as what really happened and why, on that Tuesday morning. But even if it was, I feel that's such a fine line to walk on... if people were actually told "Yea, our own government sought over the destruction of the World Trade Center, as well as the other events of 9/11." that would literally push civil unrest to it's breaking point,

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I've heard every 9/11 conspiracy theory, and while it's an "attractive" subject, I really don't see the so-called truth movement going any further. It will never be 100% proven, as far as what really happened and why, on that Tuesday morning. But even if it was, I feel that's such a fine line to walk on... if people were actually told "Yea, our own government sought over the destruction of the World Trade Center, as well as the other events of 9/11." that would literally push civil unrest to it's breaking point,

I would hope so. But sadly, we've been lulled into the attitude, where most would say "Figures"...then go on watching America's Got Talent, or some B.S.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Flash Point of Chemical Fuels

Kerosene does burn considerably differently than gasoline, it has to do with a chemical fuel's flash point.

The Flash Point of a chemical is the lowest temperature where enough fluid can evaporate to form a combustible concentration of gas.

In fact you can drop an ignited match into a container of kerosene and it will not ignite but will instead extinguish the match.

Jet Fuel which is in essence Kerosene is an oil. Oils have a considerably higher flash point than Petrol or Gasoline as we call it here in the States.

The Flash point of Gasoline is -45F ---> which is why we use it in our automobiles ...it ignites with a small spark.

The Flash point of Kerosene is between 100 - 162F

The Flash point of Diesel #1 is 100F and why diesel engines require a considerably higher compression air/fuel ratio than that of gasoline engines. The extreme compression is used to heat the fuel into the combustion range.

So the majority of the fuel as in 98% carried by the planes on 911 ignited upon impact.
Certainly not enough to saturate the building and burn to the point of weakening the steel.

Which is another fallacy that is indirectly related....

www.engineeringtoolbox.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i use to have a pressure washing business where i used an old kerosene heater designed to heat steel pipes that the water would pass through, it had a blower to "stoke" the fire to hotter temps...never once did the fire from the kerosene weaken the pipes.....i even had 3500 psi running through these pipes and it kept on going like a champ.....i don't see jet fuel weakening the vertical columns, much less causing them to transform into molten liquid......plus, i don't see sporadically spilled fuel causing any kind of weakening across the board all the way down the towers.....even if it weakened the steel in some places the rest of the steel that wasn't weakened would have been very stubborn and wouldn't have just fallen without any catches.....due to the strength of a vertical steel structure when pushing down on it or trying to bend it by pulling sideways on it, i would suggest that if the building collapsed on it's own, it would have fallen sideways, which is still hard to imagine unless it was damaged closer to the bottom of the building which would result in the weight of the upper portion of the building causing it to bend at a weak point in the lower portion of the building......

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is the way jet fuel burns.

It doesn't seem to have any problem staying alight.

In fact it burned for almost an hour, with the fire fighters trying to put it out.

edit on 17-9-2011 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

And for good reason. When, in the course of Human events, and all...

It is time to be unrestful, I think. And given that the probabilities of the OS are astronomical when all aspects of and surrounding that day are added together, and the probabilities of an inside job would be virtually 1:1 in explaining everything that happened (or was purported to have happened), I think We should be as unrestful as hell.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Jet fuel is basically kerosene.

To burn when cold, kerosene needs a wicking agent. The papers and books in the building that the plane hit. The carpet on the floors. The fiberboard in the ceiling tiles, and walls.

Once that stuff burns long enough to get the mass of kerosene above 100 to 200F (depending on grade of jet fuel) then the kerosene will start producing enough vapor to burn on it’s own without a wicking agent.

If the kerosene is already close to that temp when it is dumped from the fuel tanks, then it will flash into flame with just a spark.

When the weather is cold, the fuel in airplanes usually stay cold enough that fumes are not a problem. But when the weather is hot enough, and the planes linger for a long time on the tarmac, then the fuel load can pass the temp when it starts producing enough vapor to burn without a wick.

And that amount of kerosene will not “burn on impact” there is not enough oxygen in the air for all of it to burn. It will be an oxygen limited fire.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Jet fuel cant burn except as a gas...?

Thats a new one - considering been a Firefighter for almost 25 years

Jet fuel (and diesel) are considered COMBUSTIBLE , which means have a flash point above 100 F (38 C)

Gasoline has a flash point in range of - 40 F

Jet fuel may be more difficult to ignite than gasoline, but once ignited will BURN VERY HOT!

Explain then if jet fuel wiill not burn why they have specialized Fire apparatus designed to fight jet fuel fires.....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One thing that needs to be considered is if the fuel is being sprayed it is much easier to catch fire.
I too am a VFF for 30 years. We have leaned and certified to fight petro-chemical fires and aircraft fires too.
JP1 is basically kerosene JP2 is basically diesel. All flammable liquids will burn and explode under the right conditions. Some gases will explode on contact with air...Not trying to step on any ones knowledge

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I thought it was the nanothermite that created the steel-melting temp but what would I know...

www.benthamscience.com.../2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM

I guess "peer-reviewed" isnt enough for some

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Good thing you put "'s around peer reviewed, otherwise people might have thought you meant it seriously.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Jet fuel cant burn except as a gas...?

Thats a new one - considering been a Firefighter for almost 25 years

Jet fuel (and diesel) are considered COMBUSTIBLE , which means have a flash point above 100 F (38 C)

Gasoline has a flash point in range of - 40 F

Jet fuel may be more difficult to ignite than gasoline, but once ignited will BURN VERY HOT!

Explain then if jet fuel wiill not burn why they have specialized Fire apparatus designed to fight jet fuel fires.....

c'mon man, the liquid form of any fuel never burns, what burns is the gases that are produced and the reason fuel continues to burn is the fact that the fire is drying up the fuel and it is evaporating as gasses and like i said, the fumes are what actually burn..you can pour gasoline on a match and it will extinguish the fire....gasoline evaporates faster than kerosene or jet fuel, that's why it's quicker to combust....
edit on 18-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'd imagine that slamming into the building at 300 mph would create as near as damn it 'gas state' needed for an explosion. It has to be asked why would a sinister *covert* conspiracy leave so many blatantly obvious clues? I thought they were supposed to be evil geniuses.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roboe
reply to post by cartenz

Good thing you put "'s around peer reviewed, otherwise people might have thought you meant it seriously.

Is there something you wish to address in the for-mentioned link?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Nice post. The people doing this did not attempt it until they had created a matrix that would support their lies. At the upper echelons of control these people guard the "wisdom of the ages" that is simply knowledge on how to manipulate people by lying and creating a society where the majority of the people's hands are tied by a matrix of control. Case in point was what happened in the U.K. when a terrorist expert ascertained that the war on terror was an abject an utter lie. He lost his job not because he was wrong, but because his views did not follow the general consensus. Think about this. How in the hell do you create a society like this? Well its happened time and time again throughout history and its why the parasitic few are able to constantly dominate the many. They sacrifice themselves to dark forces and call upon this knowledge to gain their advantage. In the process, they lose their minds and their humanity because noone in their right mind with half a conscience can lie this much and kill this much and still live with themselves. They manipulate their underlings like in the example above by following the same recipes over and over and over and over again. Meanwhile the majority of people go along with it because they are vulnerable and they usually die first serving the lie that will benefit their masters. It works every time. Not some time but every time. The only way it will be defeated is when people become enlightened.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

In fact it burned for almost an hour, with the fire fighters trying to put it out.

Nice video. So they say the fire lasted about an hour and obviously the whole plane did not melt. There were holes completely through the fuselage though. Makes one wonder how much damage a fuselage could do to steel columns after punching through one set of steel columns.

psik

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Its fake. Can't you read? Those other posts say jet fuel can't ignite and stay lit. It would be like those joke candles on a birthday cake. All those stories and videos and films and images of aircraft burning throughout the history of aviation are ALL fake since jet fuel is *soooo* difficult to ignite and simply will *not* stay lit.

Its fake. Has to be. Jetfuel doesn't burn like that. It goes "whoomp" and goes out. Thats' why there are never any burn victims at plane crashes. Or during 9/11.
edit on 21-9-2011 by trebor451 because: add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join