It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by goh13
As I said in my posts, I live in Kuwait and I am Muslim. I just logged to say that this woman was wrong in everyway I can think of. If someone comes to a Muslim/Arab country doing things that they hate, they would throw him out of said place. She went to a park in the US and wanted them to go with Islam rules? The US which a lot of Christian people live in?

Note: To people saying " just take it off!!1!11 " she can not. At least, not infront of men that are not from her family.

Best thing to do: Skip this ride or just do not go to theme park in non-muslim countries.

Good post.

Unfortunatly it only takes a few incorrectly adjusted indeviduals to make a fuss and then blame religon or everyone else, to cause these huge upsets. Every country, religon, commuinty has one or two bad eggs and its very wrong to flip in the exact same way as them (wrongly) and start blaming a whole race or religon.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
if your really that worried about safety,
flyin or getting pulled out of a rail cart or something
why are you getting on a rollercoaster?

we get on rollercoasters for a feeling of excitement and fear

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well can you blame them? There minds are poisoned by the main-stream media. If any fingers are to be pointed they need to be pointed at the people who tell the media what to say, The United States Government.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrion
Well can you blame them? There minds are poisoned by the main-stream media. If any fingers are to be pointed they need to be pointed at the people who tell the media what to say, The United States Government.

I saddly agree.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Religion of peace strikes again.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by zacdam
reply to post by fooks

Saw two nuns on a coaster at Dorney Park two years ago! They were certainly having fun!!

nuns are cool,

heavy cross to bear tho, no pun intended?

were they wearing their habits?

No... they don't wear habits. They are family members and we took them to Dorney when they visited from Nova Scotia. They were, however... wearing big ugly floppy hats that they had to take off and they did... no trouble... no riot!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If this story is even true,which i don't know if it is or not,is a complete joke.

I don't have any problems with races,but i do with religion.

Should theme parks and rides be made just for people of religion,like muslims?

I don't think so,why cant they just take their piece of clothing off of their head,its not hard.

And in-case you don't want to,you aren't allowed to ride the rides,simple.

Why are our governments allowing these foreign religious people to come over here to complain and change our culture and way of living?,when we don't go over to their country or state and do the same?

I'm pretty sure if you go to a foreign country or state,your subjected to their culture and way of living,you don't complain about it and try to enforce your own culture and way of living on them.

Religion is one of the stupidest things ive ever learnt and researched about,and you people think im crazy?!?

George Carlin has put it better than ill even be able to.

Religion is BS!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This has probably been posted here now.

But for everyone arguing in favor of these Muslims and calling the park operators racist.
I present you with this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Wah wah.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

A perfect example of why the owners were right in banning them from the rides and proof the naysayers in this thread were wrong.

Is PCness more important than lives?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not sure if someone brought this up but...

From what I understand this was an outing that was organized by a Muslim organization. They discussed their conservative Islamic faith with the park owners, and the park owners made concessions to accommodate their faith. A solution to the risk of the scarves was determined (that part was never explained fully), and they were allowed to ride without removing them.

The operators of this particular ride apparently didn't get the memo.

I'm searching for the source on this (heard it on the news yesterday) once I do, I'll linky.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh, with that being said, I'm not condoning turning a misunderstanding into a brawl. Just wanted to throw that in there before people think that's where I was going.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Muckster

ya.

why not? where you from, send them there.

you can have them, don't try to deflect.

i am chinese, btw.

and i will really dump on you if you get all bigoted at all!

OK cool... i take it then that English is not your first language then. I am really confused though... you will dump on me if i get all bigoted? Is that a joke?

You come across as very aggressive and bordering rude... is this intentional?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
If they want to wear a towel on their head then they can go back to their country where that is an accepted part of their culture.

You, sir (used loosely) come across as an ignorant redneck and do your country no favours in propagating this perception.

Basing your assumption of my ignorance and being a redneck off of nothing more than a statement I said could easily make you just as ignorant however I will refrain from such assumptions.

The fact is that I have been all over this world in my 20+ years of working life and have spent many years in the M.E. working. Having been to many other countries and spent a lot of time in the M.E. I can say that they do not bend their rules for foriegners, yet these same people come to our country and expect us to conform to their ways and bow down to their culture. Hell, I took my wife with me to Saudia Arabia while working there in 2001-2003 on a desalination plant and there were many times that we had comments made to us about her not wearing a Burqa because it is tradition there and many other commets about how she dressed. There were even some restaurants that we could not eat at because she wouldn't wear a Burqa.

Many people in other nations will not allow you to do certain things unless you conform to or respect their ways, so why is it wrong for us to ask the same from them? Now if that makes me an ignorant redneck then I am glad to say that I am a Damn Proud Redneck. The fact is that I hate hypocrisy and the political correct climate that we are forced to live in by a people that come to our country and expect a free pass on everything and immunity from our laws just because they are foriegners. Being an immigrant or visitor into America is a privilage, not a right.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok, seriously Muslim folks... either you want to live like a Westerner and ride roller coasters and eat cotton candy - or ya wanna live in the effin' Stone Age... make up yer minds!

If you want to be humble, go take an Amish countryside tour.
We have everything here in the US - good, bad and ugly....

Free yourselves from needless dogma!

"Fear is your only God!"
(Rage Against The Machine)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What I find remarkable is the fact that they left after demanding a refund. Mind you all that this was after they were informed BEFOREHAND, multiple times, that they were not allowed to wear anything on their heads if they chose to ride on a ride.

So they went to the park knowing they cannot wear headgear on the rides. They paid their money to go into the park. They knew the safety rules and all seems fine because they paid and wanted a park day.

They chose to not remove the ribbon or the scarf and they became pissed off. After the arrests they decide they want their money back.

The fact that they paid, but wanted refund after they wouldn't remove the garment is direct proof that they went to the park with full intention of not complying with safety rules. Now when you go somewhere with the intention of not playing by the rules, you cannot cry foul when you get called out for it!
- they knew
- they didn't comply
- they want money back

If the scarf issue is such a deal breaker, then why did you pay to begin with? Am I the only one noticing this?

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure Allah would rather the coaster riders remain safe, rather than be forced to cover their head. I'd like to think that God wants his children safe.......even if it means removing the scarf. I know I know, it's silly.

edit on 2-9-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I see two major flaws in this drama.

First is the that it probably is an insurance liability issue for the ride operator, but when you ask someone to take off their religious garb it is an offense that is not lightly taken.

While Muslims should be more aware of such insurance liability issues that many owners must comply with and then police yourselves first before accusing everyone and every action, even if warranted as a form of harassment against Muslims.

Such an attitude is self centered and ignores what laws are in place that such business such as amusement parks and ride operators have to contend with in this day and age of rules and laws that must be complied with if you expect to keep your business license.

Anyway, lets recap. The ride operator could put up a sign and or use training to ensure it gets explained in a legal way so that one one takes is for being racial or religious in nature.

Lastly would be for the Muslims to get a better understanding of business laws and requirements needed to keep your business license and get some insurance knowledge about how insurance companies demanding such rules and or limitations.

Thanks for the thread and I hope I added some new thoughts on the subject.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The issue I see here is that the park doesn't want to be liable for any injuries that incur when one is on a ride, and if it is a safety concern.

No one wants to get sued, it can be very expensive for both parties involved, I would have to side with the park on this as common sense should hopefully overrule it all, like look those who wear turbans they want to also be exempt from wearing bike helmets if they ride bikes as they say bike laws violate their religious rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join