It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9\11 Conspiracy Shop in Canada called "Conspiracy Culture"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So here we have an actual store front dealing with conspiracies all around the World but with a lean towards 9/11...in Canada! I have never heard of it personally but then again, I wasn't looking for it. Is there another one in the US doing the same?

This guy must be doing a good business because store rent in Toronto doesn't come cheap and he's celebrating his 5th year in business.

"We've got professors, students, janitors, TTC (transit) workers, doctors, teachers, policemen," said Whyte.

My question of course would be leaning towards the profit margin. Is this a genuine attempt to offer people a place to learn and explore 9/11 or is it just an attempt at the dollars? I can't see this making retirement money for anyone but anything is possible I guess.

Of course the MSM is already putting a label on him as a 'Pitch Man"

www.globaltvbc.com...

OTTAWA - Patrick Whyte, like all good pitch men, is personally invested in his product.

"I prefer to look at paranoia as just another means of awareness," the co-owner and proprietor of Conspiracy Culture says without a trace of irony.

Whyte, on the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks, is hardly alone. His five-year-old shop on Toronto's funky downtown Queen Street West promises "strictly non-fiction, researched theories" on conspiracies and paranormal subject matter in book, magazine and DVD formats.

www.thecornwalldaily.com...

Whatever their merits — and serious, non-biased researchers have painstakingly debunked claim after claim, only to have new ones pop up like a Prairie dog colony — the conspiracies have an enduring mass appeal that's impossible to deny.

Those who study the phenomena say conspiracy theories are an attempt to make sense of incomprehensible events. Big, traumas attract big conspiracies. The moon landing, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the death of Princess Diana and the spread of AIDs, for instance, have spawned enduring conspiracy theories.

Here is his online shop as well. Actually looks like an informative site so it could be worth a look:

www.conspiracyculture.com...

Conspiracy Culture provides an off-line, physical space for people to satisfy their curiosity. The content is strictly non-fiction, researched theories on a wide array of controversial, conspiratorial and paranormal subject matter in the form of cutting-edge books, magazines and ground-breaking DVDs and DVD rentals. The space also holds a gallery of memorabilia and several unique and fascinating products.

Physical Store Front:

1696 QUEEN STREET WEST
TORONTO, ONTARIO. CANADA M6R 1B3

PHONE: 416.916.1696 FAX: 416.916.1695

MONDAY - CLOSED
TUESDAY - THURSDAY: 12:12pm - 7:07pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 11:11am - 7:07pm
SUNDAY: 12:12pm - 5:55pm

Anyone from Canada been in here? Would love to hear your thoughts on the shop and the owner and I'm sure many others would as well.

Peace

edit on 31-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So this guy is literally going to sell the "truth" to people?

edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
So this guy is literally going to sell the "truth" to people?

edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Well I guess if people won't listen to their neighbors or do some critical thinking for themselves, this is the way to do it...right?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I was just wondering how he is going to sell stuff like "Mossad did it", or "BBC knew WTC was going to fall 20 mins before".

That sounds like pretty damning evidence even if the mainstream media may see it as a "hoax"!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Its obviously a buisness and its not 911 exclusive either. If you want a brik and mortar shop to buy certain books and DVDs thats the place to go I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
My question of course would be leaning towards the profit margin. Is this a genuine attempt to offer people a place to learn and explore 9/11 or is it just an attempt at the dollars? I can't see this making retirement money for anyone but anything is possible I guess.

EVERY conspiracy is just an attempt to make a quick buck off of gullible people. You can see right away this is what they're doing as they are heavily editing the material they want other people to know and deliberately giving it a pro-conspiracy bias, all so that you'll buy something from them to learn more. All it takes is a 30 second Google search for someone to find answers to all the questions they ever had, from "how the flag remained straight while on the moon" to "what caused WTC 7 to collapse", but you're NOT going to find it from someone whose financial interest depends on your not knowing any of that. Heck, that whole "cruse missile hit the Pentagon" baloney started when some French crackpot invented it to sell a bunch of books.

I would think that anyone coming up to you and saying "everything you know is false and I'll tell you the REAL truth if you give me your money" it would be a dead giveaway they're snake oil peddlers. Seriously, how the heck does buying an infowars.com license plate frame even remotely do anything to help anyone get another investigation? I can certainly tell you how it helps Alex Jones pay his mortgage payments on your dime.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow. Awesome find for sure. I wonder if the store has a black ops and false flag section? Now there's one I would like to explore.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by jude11

Wow. Awesome find for sure. I wonder if the store has a black ops and false flag section? Now there's one I would like to explore.

The site covers a lot of topics:

If you look at the events link, it shows a bit more on what it's about:

FUTURE EVENTS:

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH 2011
9/11: Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out
Canadian Theatrical Premiere + Q&A w.Richard Gage AIA
INFO COMING SOON!

PAST EVENTS:

SATURDAY AUGUST 20th 2011
Kubrick's Odyssey
Film Screening
Canadian Theatrical Premiere

SUNDAY MAY 8th 2011
Into The Fire
Dan Dicks, Bryan Law & Steven Davies
Film Screening / Q&A

SATURDAY APRIL 23rd 2011
UFOs & Gov't-Media Mendacity: How Well Are You Being Lied To?
Victor Viggiani
Presentation / Q&A

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 26th 2011
Chemtrails: Latest Weapon of Depopulation
Sydney White
Discussion / Q&A

FRIDAY JANUARY 28th 2011
Strange Planet w.Richard Syrett
CD Release / Discussion / Q&A
The Conspiracy Show TV Series Sneak Peek

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20th 2010
What in the World Are They Spraying?
Film Screening
Co-presented w/ Richard Syrett of The Conspiracy Show
Canadian Theatrical Premiere

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 12th 2010
UsuryFree Year 6
David-Kevin: Lindsay, Tom Kennedy & Dan King
Discussion / Q&A

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6th 2010
Illuminati 2: Deceit and Seduction
Henry Makow, PhD
Book Signing / Discussion / Q&A

More Events:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH 2011
9/11: Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out
Canadian Theatrical Premiere + Q&A w.Richard Gage AIA
INFO COMING SOON!

Ah yes, Mr. Richard "please give me money so I can continue touring and asking people to give me money" Gage. I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It ,"the truth" cost's ....I have invested in the cost of finding the truth! and I surely would not begrudge anyone including ATS to maybe recuperate and make some gains to give us some substance of truth ....call me crazy but I am so hooked on ATS that I would pay to join ....oops keep this quiet....peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have been getting the impression for some time that plenty of people on "conspiracy" websites are really just about promoting confusion and stirring up emotional nonsense.

They are not about ANY TRUTH at all. So I would not be surprised if some people are just doing it for money. But finding and spreading comprehensible truth would just destroy their market in the long run.

The physics profession should have made the whole business impossible in 2002.

psik

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not only have I been to the shop, had a bunch of my paintings hung on the walls, but got to know the owners.

Great people
and the selection of books covering just about everything ATS and other like-minded websites is complete, to say it simply.

Perhaps the owner will chime in on this thread

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Not only have I been to the shop, had a bunch of my paintings hung on the walls, but got to know the owners.

Great people
and the selection of books covering just about everything ATS and other like-minded websites is complete, to say it simply.

Perhaps the owner will chime in on this thread

It would be great if the owner did pop in here.

Always better to hear from the actual source and not 3rd party.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi there, I'm one of the two owners of Conspiracy Culture in Toronto. Firstly, if this was about making money, I would be in a different line of work. I put roughly 60 hours a week into operating this store and pay myself about $100/week. My wife/partner is a highschool teacher and she is the breadwinner.

I'm 35 years old and have been interested in this material since I was reading books on Bigfoot, ghosts, aliens and the Bermuda triangle as a child.

After 9/11... I worked 4 years here and there, saving money to open a shop that would provide materials to those looking for answers. We don't tell people what to read, we don't tell people what to believe... we don't claim to know everything. We are two individuals who know something's not right and we're trying to understand things just like everyone else. Our customers help us learn and vice-versa.

We've done this on our own since day one without any sponsorship, money, etc. from any outside source. We avoided bank loans and have turned down offers from others who wanted to get involved for "other" reasons.

This is about as mom & pop as you can get.

For the guy who thinks that just because we facilitated a screening of Richard Gage's film, that all of a sudden, now we've proven we're in it for the money.. give your head a shake.

People who have come into the shop and have gotten to know us, appreciate what we're doing. If you think we're schills... idiots... opportunists... it really doesn't matter. We opened knowing that we would have an uphill battle from day one. There are days where I wonder if I'll be open the following month.

I guess the fact that we've been here over 5 years now says something.

My time is super limited this morning.. if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

You can see right away this is what they're doing as they are heavily editing the material they want other people to know and deliberately giving it a pro-conspiracy bias, all so that you'll buy something from them to learn more.

I would think that anyone coming up to you and saying "everything you know is false and I'll tell you the REAL truth if you give me your money" it would be a dead giveaway they're snake oil peddlers. Seriously, how the heck does buying an infowars.com license plate frame even remotely do anything to help anyone get another investigation? I can certainly tell you how it helps Alex Jones pay his mortgage payments on your dime.

Hi Dave,

just wondering what brought you to ATS in the first place? Was it your attraction to 'snake oil'? I'm confused as to how you've come to your conclusion when you've never spoken to me or my partner, never stepped foot in our shop and don't know anything about us. : )

edit on 18-11-2011 by fattyp because: additional comment added

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fattyp

I think we have chatted before about conspiracies. I am not a big adherent of mega conspiracies but do more than believe in the every day mundane conspiracies that we see every day in our newspapers. I may not share your beliefs but I do support small business and particularly independent book stores. One thing - it must be nice in Canada to be able to run a marginal business and not have to worry about health insurance.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
also... the major bookstores in Canada: Chapters, Indigo, World's Biggest Bookstore, Coles, etc. are all operated by a woman named Heather Reisman. Heather Reisman is a known supporter of political zionism and when you read her bio, fourth paragraph, last sentence (taken from her own website) it states...

"She is also a Director and Officer of Mount Sinai Hospital, and a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee, a geo-political think group."

link to Reismans page

edit on 18-11-2011 by fattyp because: fixing sentence structure

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fattyp

Hi Fatty, thanks for what you're doing. Dave said in his post that he 'rests his case' but, we can only dream. Please try to find the time to post anything new that you may encounter. I fear that our only hope of shaking the american people awake lies in investigators from outside the US. Good luck with your enterprise.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've known both owners for years now and, though I haven't been in the shop lately because it's a busy 2-hour drive from where I currently live, I can vouch for them as being fine people with their heads squarely in the right place.

If anyone posting here would actually visit the shop and see for themselves everything which is available, they would be stunned by the sheer variety of material. Add to that the frequent guest appearances and you have a place every member of ATS would love to spend a bit of their time.

And before anyone calls me a 'shill' for Conspiracy Culture, please, take a breath and think it through first. Why would I praise their shop if there's not a penny in it for me (which there isn't). I consider them friends because they're good people [period]

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
also... the major bookstores in Canada: Chapters, Indigo, World's Biggest Bookstore, Coles, etc. are all operated by a woman named Heather Reisman. Heather Reisman is a known supporter of political zionism and when you read her bio, fourth paragraph, last sentence (taken from her own website) it states...

"She is also a Director and Officer of Mount Sinai Hospital, and a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee, a geo-political think group."

link to Reismans page

edit on 18-11-2011 by fattyp because: fixing sentence structure

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Anti-Semitism again rears its ugly head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join