It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan is Venting Radiation High Into The Atmosphere!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...
June 26 infra-red film of fuk, and a screen capture

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r

Originally posted by BobAthome
02nd Sep 2011 06:00:00

Typhoon I.
N 34° 12.000, E 137° 48.000
02nd Sep 2011 06:00:00
N 34° 12.000, E 137° 48.000
139 Wind km/h
167 Gust km/h
JTWC
guess where.,,

can any say for sure what happens,
when you get,
GAMMA typhons,,
with lightning?

I am missing the point here... clue me in please. Would Gamma and lighting have an adverse effect with each other?

No,no just further up into the atmosphere like a big vacuum cleaner.
gamma radiation.No lightening would affect it,I don't think.
This is what Bob is talking about,the typhoon heading towards Japan and spreading what is already there.

www.hurricanezone.net...
edit on 30-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
wow... now that you clarified it and posted a storm track it is like....The Perfect Storm.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r

Originally posted by kdog1982
And it doesn't get any better ,folks.

Report: 76 trillion becquerels of Plutonium-239 released from Fukushima — 23,000 times higher than previously announced

enenews.com...

Wonderful! .... Plutonium-239 has a half life of 24,200 years according to Wiki Plutonium-239

I am trying to make sense of all this becquerels, milisieverts, microsieverts, CPM ...it is enough to give one a headache! I am trying to figure out how bad is bad and what is super bad

Here is a few examples and some knowledge of exposure levels.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42e156631e7a.jpg[/atsimg]

www.guardian.co.uk...

Basic conversions: 1 gray (Gy) = 100 rad 1 rad = 10 milligray (mGy) 1 sievert (Sv) = 1,000 millisieverts (mSv) = 1,000,000 microsieverts (μSv) 1 sievert = 100 rem 1 becquerel (Bq) = 1 count per second (cps) 1 curie = 37,000,000,000 becquerel = 37 Gigabecquerels (GBq)

web.mit.edu...
edit on 30-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Backdoor dumping - great idea. (not)

Our radiation exposures were already way too high long before Fukushima.

S&F&

btw - Several friends and I have a metallic taste in our mouths, have had for days. Finally searched it:

Metallic taste in mouth now being reported in Japan and US west coast - Telltale sign of radiation exposure (VIDEO)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkendmetal
The madness will end around the time fear mongering ends.

2nd
edit on 30-8-2011 by darkendmetal because: fixed

So giving facts is now considered fear mongering?
The only thing dumber then your reply and outlook on things is the Japanese people for doing nothing.

If I was Japanese I would be ashamed of my culture after this disaster.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What else they can do?

Burning a lot of this Rubble is the only Way
and a "High Vent" means that everyone get his Share!

The Canadians get back a little bit of Plutonium for their Uranium,
the US get back a little bit of Caesium for their stupid Reactors,
etc!

"Cling together, swing together"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thank you for the articles and the information. It will not be good if the salmon in B.C. are contaminated, as that might mean that all of the salmon in the Pacific NW are no longer safe to eat, at least not for a while...but for how long and what about Alaskan halibut, and other fish. I wonder how this will affect the fishing industry, not just in Canada, but in Alaska, and also the other states on the Pacific West Coast.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Could it really be worse then when the US drop a nuke on them? How much radiation was in the atmosphere then?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by darkendmetal
The madness will end around the time fear mongering ends.

2nd
edit on 30-8-2011 by darkendmetal because: fixed

So giving facts is now considered fear mongering?
The only thing dumber then your reply and outlook on things is the Japanese people for doing nothing.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think we have plenty to worry about our culture...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The only shame they feel is through lack of obedience to higher authorities. You do not understand a conformist society if you think that your idea of shame is the same as Japan. It's the opposite. To admit they are wrong (or admit to anything of any kind) is shameful. You think there are rules - there are no rules.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Authenticated
Could it really be worse then when the US drop a nuke on them? How much radiation was in the atmosphere then?

It's far worse in the long run than a mere bomb.

The nuke's radiation signature dissipates over 10 times faster than material emitted from a meltdown event.

The only way a nuke would be worse, is if you were directly in the fallout region and very close to the blast epicenter. And the real dangers are only posed within 1-3 weeks of the nuke blast, that is when the majority of fallout hits.

With a nuclear melt such as Fukushima, there are longer lasting isotopes being deposited globally on a daily 24hour basis.

So in a way, fallout-wise, Fukushima is akin to multiple nukes going off every day. Although there are some differences, that should be a sufficient comparison.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Also don't forget guys/gals, there has been a constant stream of high atmosphere pollution from this event.

Think about it, when a nuclear core melts, it can reach temperatures above 4000 F.

Something that hot will create an updraft of air above itself, as it heats the air significantly it will rise quickly.

Especially considering the fact that several buildings have large holes in them.

I have never seen anyone discuss the probability of a hot-air updraft event forming over the corium, but I cannot find any reasons to doubt it.

Although if the corium did drop underground through the foundation, there could be a chance that it would plug itself up underground, but I expect that steam and other emissions will have to find a way out somewhere.

So really, I do expect there to have been a period where a hot air updraft was created due to the temperature of the corium itself. These levels of temperature can eject things very high into the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here is an article about the comparison of Hiroshima's fallout to fallout from Fukushima.

Fukushima fallout said 30 times Hiroshima's Expert paints dire picture of decontamination zone, slams government for foot-dragging

According to Kodama, the Radioisotope Center estimates that radioactive materials released from Fukushima No. 1 amount to about 29.6 times of that released by the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima. The group also found out that radiation from Fukushima will only decrease by one-tenth per year, which is about 100 times slower than radiation from the bomb.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here is an article about the comparison of Hiroshima's fallout to fallout from Fukushima.

Fukushima fallout said 30 times Hiroshima's Expert paints dire picture of decontamination zone, slams government for foot-dragging

According to Kodama, the Radioisotope Center estimates that radioactive materials released from Fukushima No. 1 amount to about 29.6 times of that released by the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima. The group also found out that radiation from Fukushima will only decrease by one-tenth per year, which is about 100 times slower than radiation from the bomb.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

The information about the one-tenth decrease rate is fairly accurate.

However I must caution you to be wary of these numbers put out. 30 times Hiroshima is nothing actually when all things are considered and we compare it with something like this.

I would have to say that 30 times Hiroshima was released in the first few days of the event. That is just my assessment based on the amount of fuel assemblies stored there, the number of meltdowns, the failures of containment systems, and the amount of radiation that has been detected.

Also consider the thousands of tons of radioactive waste water that was dumped straight into the pacific ocean. Did Hiroshima dump thousands of tons of radioactive water into the ocean? Not really...

I honestly consider the 30x Hiroshima bombs figure as a slap in the face of common sense. It is far far too low to fit the numbers.

If I were to make a generalized vague assessment, and give a value to allow a comparison with Hiroshima pollution levels, I would have to increase these numbers significantly.

I would say at this point it is equivalent to anywhere from 1000 Hiroshima bombs to 10,000x.
Those numbers seem much more reasonable and palpable based on the information at hand.

Also, comparisons with Chernobyl are loaded as well. I don't trust them one bit. They keep saying this is "equal to Chernobyl", but that is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

This is like 100x Chernobyl, and has the potential to be far far worse. There are over 1000 fuel assemblies at the Fukushima plant the day before the disaster according to various sources. That is enough material to create 100s of Chernobyl's in theory.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

btw - Several friends and I have a metallic taste in our mouths, have had for days. Finally searched it:

Metallic taste in mouth now being reported in Japan and US west coast - Telltale sign of radiation exposure (VIDEO)

Damnit. I had a metallic taste in my mouth this entire past weekend, from Friday to Sunday, waiting for hurricane Irene to hit the northeast corridor. I suppose the jet stream hurried it along. And related to this, I just searched "metallic taste radiation exposure" and found natural remedies for minimizing radiation poisoning in the following blog post, which sourced their post from NaturalNews:
thetruthergirls.wordpress.com...

In a nutshell, it says eats lots of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and all the veggies that endure cold temperatures) and rosemary. I haven't researched this information myself yet, but thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else can make a more informed contribution to the topic.

Thanks for the explanation Soficrow. I know it isn't definitively that, but good to be aware.

edit on 8/31/2011 by chasingbrahman because: credited wrong user for the thread eek!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

snip

Also, comparisons with Chernobyl are loaded as well. I don't trust them one bit. They keep saying this is "equal to Chernobyl", but that is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

This is like 100x Chernobyl, and has the potential to be far far worse. There are over 1000 fuel assemblies at the Fukushima plant the day before the disaster according to various sources. That is enough material to create 100s of Chernobyl's in theory.

There are quite a few more than 1000 Assemblies onsite:

Caltech .pdf

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You do realize that the incinerators have dust collection on them that captures nearly all of the fly ash.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I sure do, as do those who run the incineration facilities:

The guidelines also state that waste with radiation levels below 8000 becquerels per kg can be buried in controlled land-fill sites. Sludge with higher contamination levels can be incinerated under certain conditions, though the resultant ash needs to be stored.

Goshi Hosono, the minister in charge of the nuclear crisis said an expert committee is discussing how to deal with the problem, and he added that the government is considering bearing the cost of disposing of the waste.
emphasis mine

IEEE report

All this does is further concentrate the contamination. And what isn't trapped is...

Yep, you guessed it, released into the environment.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Works in America! hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join