It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr olds Stepfather & Uncle retaliate against man who sexually assaulted her, face More Prison Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I too agree that these men were fairly leniant on this sick piece of garbage. What a waste of oxygen these people are, He doesn't even deserve to be called a human. My heart goes out to the little girl. And I truly hope justice is served by a jury of decent people.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As long as the molester gets the 19 years w/o parole he is facing, I think it's fair that the brothers get their 7 years. They'll be out in 3 1/2 if not less. Almost everyone here agreed that if it happened to their kid they would seek revenge and are prepared to pay the price. I'm guessing these guys are too.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If it were me in that situation, I would've done a LOT more than just burning and whipping that guy that's for sure. The police would've never found his body. And if the court wanted to punish me for that well and would simply point out that the victim system--OOP I mean "justice" system strikes again.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Temporary insanity? That's what I'd say.
If I was on the jury they'd be not guilty.
nuff said.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I pray I am never in the position that the Uncle and stepfather are in.

But if ever am I will wear those pinstripes with pride.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

what an absolute joke, just more proof the system is retarded. they probally woulda got less of a sentence if they actually just straight up killed the guy. whats the going rate for murder these days, 5 years with parole after 3?

It depends on the state, but some with modern Castle Doctrine law cover this situation as a 100% justified situation for lethal force. It's clear, it's black and white and there isn't room for a lot of interpretation.

Missouri Castle Doctrine

Here is the relevent section for what happened to this poor little girl:

563.011. As used in this chapter the following terms shall mean:

(1) "Deadly force"[ means], physical force which the actor uses with the purpose of causing or which he or she knows to create a substantial risk of causing death or serious physical injury[.];

(2) "Dwelling"[ means], any building[ or], inhabitable structure,[ though movable or temporary, or a portion thereof, which is for the time being the actor's home or place of lodging.] or conveyance of any kind, whether the building, inhabitable structure, or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night;

(3) "Forcible felony", any felony involving the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual, including but not limited to murder, robbery, burglary, arson, kidnapping, assault, and any forcible sexual offense;

And.....how these terms apply:

2. A person may not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself or herself or another against death, serious physical injury, rape, sodomy or kidnapping or serious physical injury through robbery, burglary or arson] or any forcible felony; or

(2) Such force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle lawfully occupied by such person.

3. A person does not have a duty to retreat from a dwelling, residence, or vehicle where the person is not unlawfully entering or unlawfully remaining.

Missouri is definitely not unique and some states go even further in how the circumstances are defined for it. Unfortunately, these two caught a child rapist in their home while in California. The torture part was over the top, but outright killing the rapist wouldn't have gotten them time, after catching him in the act. Not in many states. It's a shame this happened in California, as the rapist will surely be out to victimize others in the future.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of what I feel is one of Americas Biggest problems. The justice system and it being built on a pyramid Private industry system where people make money off other people being incarcerated and judges are backed by contractors and officials of these private prisons.

Along with that corrupt system, drug addicts, (sicked, diseased people by medical definition) get more time than a child molester as we are seeing here with this revenge case of simple assault. I personally like most others, would probably be guilty of alot more than burning someone with a cigarette if you touched my daughter.

70 % of the prison population in my state is drug offenders. Then you track their theft related crimes like fraud, checks, burglary, and robbery, and you can see that it is directly tied to DRUG addicts. Therefore, if we quit giving the people like these guys, who were obviously temporarily insane from trauma, and other people who dont need to be in prison help, instead of hard time, then not only would the number of people in jail go down but the drug addicts would get the proper they help need and theft related crimes would decrease as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
This kind of story makes me sick to my stomach. This guy apparently duck taped the girls mouth shut in the middle of the night, and sexually assaulted her. The girls stepfather and uncle retaliated by whipping him and buring him with a cigarette. Now they possibly face more prison time. Wow!

How is burning someone with a cigarette and whipping them in response to sexually assaulting an 8 yr old girl, worse than sexually assaulting a 8 yr old girl?

That isn't the way law or society works.

What you espouse is lawlessness and anarchy.

Regardless of the morality of the issue, whipping and burning people with cigarettes = violent, illegal criminal activity, and should rightfully be treated as such.

I feel for these guys and the poor little girl who got raped, but that doesn't excuse them from the law that we all live by.

If they decided to do this knowing that, then they also knew they would be punished, and likely thought it was simply worth the punishment to exact the revenge. If I had a daughter who got raped, I'd probably go a lot further than they did, and I'd accept my punishment as well.

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
This is a perfect example of what I feel is one of Americas Biggest problems. The justice system and it being built on a pyramid Private industry system where people make money off other people being incarcerated and judges are backed by contractors and officials of these private prisons.

Along with that corrupt system, drug addicts, (sicked, diseased people by medical definition) get more time than a child molester as we are seeing here with this revenge case of simple assault. I personally like most others, would probably be guilty of alot more than burning someone with a cigarette if you touched my daughter.

70 % of the prison population in my state is drug offenders. Then you track their theft related crimes like fraud, checks, burglary, and robbery, and you can see that it is directly tied to DRUG addicts. Therefore, if we quit giving the people like these guys, who were obviously temporarily insane from trauma, and other people who dont need to be in prison help, instead of hard time, then not only would the number of people in jail go down but the drug addicts would get the proper they help need and theft related crimes would decrease as well.

While I agree with what you said and also agree that the law needs to be much more flexible and "smarter," that doesn't change the fact that they kept someone somewhere against their will, beat them with a whip of some kind and burned their flesh with lit cigarettes. It's criminal regardless of intention or reasoning.
edit on 8/27/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nearly impossible to lose? Casey Anthony? OJ? Citizens United? Please...

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly but if you seek justice solely in the law, you may not always find it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't know about anywhere else but sexual assault in canada is a slap on the wrist.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

If a man were to duct tape and sexually assault my child,I
would be the one in prison.I don't smack child molesters on
the wrist,I'll put them in their place.

I agree with others saying, that the child should come first, at a time like this she NEEDS her father around, she needs all the support she can get, she does not want her father in prison. But she also would like to feel safe and the only way to do that is to deal with the rapist.

So just be sure to wear a mask and leave no evidence behind, job done, and then (if he's still alive :O) send him to prison

But to be honest I'm not sure what I would do in their situation, I hope I never have to experience such a thing.
edit on 27-8-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I pray I am never in the position that the Uncle and stepfather are in. But if ever am I will wear those pinstripes with pride.

Well said. I have NO faith in our legal justice system. If I knew for a fact that one of my family had been subjected to this trauma, I pray that I would have the courage to retaliate and the conviction to do the time with pride.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This is the reason I left my job in social services....there is no light at the end of tunnel. It's just an endless meandering mass of depressive situtations. No happy endings, not really.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The bad guy got off easy. I'd have sent him home without his balls.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, this isn't going to be popular but it's right. Breaking the law because someone else does doesn't absolve you from the crime. Remember the old chestnut, "2 wrongs don't make a right." That said, if it was one of my girls that this happened to they would never find the body. Hypocritical? No, I'd be willing to take the punishment.

These guys were too soft on him. I applaud them for not killing him. I can assure you that he would still be alive after I got done with him. But he would never be a threat to society, either. Limbless, mindless, and drooling tend to do that.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, this isn't going to be popular but it's right. Breaking the law because someone else does doesn't absolve you from the crime. Remember the old chestnut, "2 wrongs don't make a right."

That said, if it was one of my girls that this happened to they would never find the body. Hypocritical? No, I'd be willing to take the punishment.

I believe you were just hypocritical. Maybe not in the sense you meant.

Not hypocritical because you'd be willing to take the punishment? So why are you hiding the body??

Unless three wrongs make a right? Since hiding the body would be obstruction of justice.

Personally I think you should hide the body

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think they deserve to be let-off, if for no other reason, than the almost inhuman amount of self-control they must have had to just not straight out kill that guy.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I don't know about anywhere else but sexual assault in canada is a slap on the wrist.

In the Vatican country

it's a pat on the back.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well that just goes to show you that our government will do all that is possible to please the liberals and not have an outrage. Poor pedophile. boo hoo.... Hang him!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If that had been my daughter I wouldnt kill hil but I would make sure he would never look upon another child or be able to touch them in anyway, Ihope these men go free, and are allowed to use the guy woh molested the young girl as target practice, or the judge shpuld sentence him to 5 years as a punchbag in a boxing club ( he must go 7 days a week for 10 hours a day)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join