It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr olds Stepfather & Uncle retaliate against man who sexually assaulted her, face More Prison Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This kind of story makes me sick to my stomach. This guy apparently duck taped the girls mouth shut in the middle of the night, and sexually assaulted her. The girls stepfather and uncle retaliated by whipping him and buring him with a cigarette. Now they possibly face more prison time. Wow!

How is burning someone with a cigarette and whipping them in response to sexually assaulting an 8 yr old girl, worse than sexually assaulting a 8 yr old girl? Mind you, it might not be the best way to handle the situation, but I'm confident is saying many would have retaliated in a much more extreme fashion.

www.mercurynews.com...

Meanwhile, the girl's stepfather, Miguel Cerda, and uncle Erik Cerda have been charged with torture for allegedly whipping Rodriguez and burning him with a cigarette in retaliation for duct-taping the girl's mouth shut and molesting her in the middle of the night. They now face seven years to life -- potentially more time than Rodriguez was set to serve. The stiff penalty for the alleged violent reaction to what many would consider extreme provocation has touched off a debate about whether the brothers deserve leniency.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
This kind of story makes me sick to my stomach. This guy apparently duck taped the girls mouth shut in the middle of the night, and sexually assaulted her. The girls stepfather and uncle retaliated by whipping him and buring him with a cigarette. Now they possibly face more prison time. Wow!

How is burning someone with a cigarette and whipping them in response to sexually assaulting an 8 yr old girl, worse than sexually assaulting a 8 yr old girl? Mind you, it might not be the best way to handle the situation, but I'm confident is saying many would have retaliated in a much more extreme fashion.

www.mercurynews.com...

Meanwhile, the girl's stepfather, Miguel Cerda, and uncle Erik Cerda have been charged with torture for allegedly whipping Rodriguez and burning him with a cigarette in retaliation for duct-taping the girl's mouth shut and molesting her in the middle of the night. They now face seven years to life -- potentially more time than Rodriguez was set to serve. The stiff penalty for the alleged violent reaction to what many would consider extreme provocation has touched off a debate about whether the brothers deserve leniency.

what an absolute joke, just more proof the system is retarded. they probally woulda got less of a sentence if they actually just straight up killed the guy. whats the going rate for murder these days, 5 years with parole after 3?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Although I understand the emotions behind the Father and Uncle's actions......obviously they have been very foolish...not only has this young girl suffered through a sexual assault...but she also has to suffer now the loss of her father and uncle....by the time they get out of prison....she will be 15.

I just wish the father and uncle had been more thoughtful about the healing of this child and what their continued love and presence could mean to her healing...rather than take the law into their own hands. As a result...no one wins....everyone loses.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is why it is good to own a backhoe or know someone who does! Hopefully the jury will kick these guys loose....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It looks like the brothers may get away with it since the molester is balking at testifying at their trial because he would have to incriminate himself to do so.

Child molester balks at long sentence, tries to withdraw no-contest plea

Rodriguez had refused to testify at the preliminary hearing, invoking his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself.

Even if Rodriguez' case was resolved before the Cerdas' trial, his attorney, Steve Elrick, said he doubted Rodriguez would testify because he doesn't want to draw more attention to himself. Elrick said Rodriguez's 22-year plea deal was not contingent on his testimony.

"I would be real surprised if he testifies," Elrick said.

If Rodriguez refuses to testify, it is unclear how strong a case prosecutors have against the Cerdas. They may not be able to use his statements to police that the brothers beat him up because the defense could argue the Cerdas wouldn't be able to exercise their constitutional right to cross-examine him.

Prosecutors could be forced to rely only on possible physical evidence against the brothers, as well as limited statements of family members. However, they can call the child to testify. But that might not help much because the 8-year-old may have told only her mother and not have been aware of the Cerdas' reaction to the alleged molestation.

Source

It does show what a sick world we live in today when a couple of people trying take justice on a molester may do more time than the molester himself. I wonder if a jury would even convict them if this does go to trial.

I wouldn't, no matter how strong the evidence.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If a man were to duct tape and sexually assault my child,I
would be the one in prison.I don't smack child molesters on
the wrist,I'll put them in their place.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't have children yet, but rest be assured that if someone ever did that to one of my kids or a member of my family I'd duct tape their mouth and they would find themselves on the wrong end on a screwdriver in a particularly sensitive region of the body.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The girls stepfather and uncle retaliated by whipping him and buring him with a cigarette.

I'm dead serious when I say "that's it?" Come on, guys - you can do a lot better than that!

Regardless, the fact that these guys are getting locked up is revolting. They don't deserve prison time; they deserve a commendation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I agree...if I was on a jury and this case was before me I would never ever give a guilty verdict for what any Dad would do if that happened to their daughter - to be honest this child molesting scum got off lightly

I hope and pray these guys get no punishment so they are both around to support their daughter / niece at a time in her life where she will need all the support she can get.
Sickens me beyond words - child abusers deserve everything they get...inhuman behaviour should be treated with "inhuman" responses...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Don't put me on the jury. I'd let them walk and then buy them a beer. You touch a child, I have no sympathy for what happens to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleak

The girls stepfather and uncle retaliated by whipping him and buring him with a cigarette.

I'm dead serious when I say "that's it?" Come on, guys - you can do a lot better than that!

Regardless, the fact that these guys are getting locked up is revolting. They don't deserve prison time; they deserve a commendation.

Seriously. As a teenager a drunk friend burned my arm with a cigarette. And that is now worse than sexually assaulting an 8 yr old?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If the guy did that to my daughter? He would be unable to testify here on earth anyway. Maybe by seance? I would not whip him or burn him. Two behind the ear and throw his body in the ocean 30-40 miles out.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
If the guy did that to my daughter? He would be unable to testify here on earth anyway. Maybe by seance? I would not whip him or burn him. Two behind the ear and throw his body in the ocean 30-40 miles out.

That would be far too lenient...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Guys, come on for a minute.

With a jury you can explain the truth to them.
It's nearly impossible to lose something like this if you are honest and up front about WHY you did this to this guy.

Since the lowest sentence is still far too stiff, they will probably go with not-guilty.

See, I can have faith in mankind, the truth, and the people to make the right choices this time.
Maybe things will be different for once. Let's be positive minded about it.

That way, we don't get really pissed because believe me, if someone hurt my kid....we would be talking death row for me. Hahaha. But the jury would let me go because I am a good honest person. I am not a criminal. Retaliating against such provocation is expected actually. We all expect retaliation.

In fact, most of us think there is something wrong with people who don't retaliate over such types of heinous provocation in the first place....

If you are still concerned about the fate of these two gentlemen, (who were very LENIENT towards the provocateur in my estimation), than I highly suggest that we dig up some email addresses or phone numbers and voice our opinions and suggestions to the corresponding officials or organizations. This could be very helpful if done properly, be kind and friendly and simply state your piece.

Also writing letters of support to the affected family members would be helpful, letting them know that people all around the world are discussing it and they are in our concerns.

Just some suggestions to anyone who gets really really angry about this. There are ways to make life better, be one of them.
edit on 27-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You know you're right - let's all - each of us here who vented our anger - send messages of support to them or whoever is trying the case?
Can we try and find some info and post it back on here for everyone's benefit....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Torture would only damage your own soul. End the scum's life, dispose of the body so that the liberals do not try to prosecute you. Help your daughter recover, but do not tell her what you did. If necessary, just reassure her that he will never harm her or anyone else; ever again.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Torture would only damage your own soul. End the scum's life, dispose of the body so that the liberals do not try to prosecute you. Help your daughter recover, but do not tell her what you did. If necessary, just reassure her that he will never harm her or anyone else; ever again.

You sound like Tony Saprano. I like it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by muzzleflash

You know you're right - let's all - each of us here who vented our anger - send messages of support to them or whoever is trying the case?
Can we try and find some info and post it back on here for everyone's benefit....

Yes I believe so. Official numbers or office addresses (PO Box etc) should be accepted.

I don't know about personal addresses or phone numbers, probably a bit risky with T+C. Might want to get permission from the individual at that particular residential address or phone number prior to posting it online so that it will be fully acceptable (since permission was granted by the contact).

Emails or facebook names , etc. Those would be good also.

If anyone finds a link let us know. I would like to write a support letter to the family too.

link   
OK, this isn't going to be popular but it's right. Breaking the law because someone else does doesn't absolve you from the crime. Remember the old chestnut, "2 wrongs don't make a right." That said, if it was one of my girls that this happened to they would never find the body. Hypocritical? No, I'd be willing to take the punishment.

link   
While this is a touchy case all around, there are a few things that can be stated:

If they had caught the guy in the act of molesting assaulting the child, and acted to defend her against the person, and he was beaten in the process, that would have been looked on with more favorable perception than their current actions, and would have been more acceptable than the actions that they took.

What the main person did, the child molester, is unquestionable and should be punished, however, the stepfather and the uncle, also was wrong, when they proceeded to attack and harm the person. They did not see to his rights, nor did they see that he was convicted, instead they acted in a mob mentality acting as judge, jury and executioner. By their actions, they could have potentially damaged the case against this guy in court, and then what, he gets to be out to do this again to another child? Is that correct?

The laws are there to protect both the guilty and the innocent, and while we may not agree on such, we should have enough respect for the law to accept that we can not be the judge, jury and executioner in any situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join