It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Uses Techniques From Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training Camp To Stop Bully

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

According to our pal Josh, you should accept your injustice then tell the police without defending yourself or otherwise risk making said predator even more unhappy, what a shame that would be...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Diplomacy before violence. It's right there. C'mon now.

So you will ask someone not to rob you, in your most polite voice, before they smash your teeth and rob your pockets?

What planet do you live on?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So if all of the sudden, car accidents became less frequent to the point that the chances are equal to someone bringing a weapon to school, we should just quit putting seatbelts in cars?

Yes, absolutely. We should stop TSA grabbing women for the same reason. We have 350 million people in the United States - if 10 people per year were to die of car accidents then I do not see a need for all of the regulation and law enforcement around seat belts. I suppose I'm just cold hearted but its why kitchen knives haven't been banned and baby strollers don't require licensing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i was bullied pretty bad from kindergarten to 3rd grade. it ended when my teacher seen what was happening and started taking me to wrestling classes herself three times a week and tournaments on weekends. i remember a little after i started i was approached by two middle schoolers in an ally i used to take as a shortcut. they started talking trash and one made it clear he wanted to attack. double leg takedown and into mounted position after pretty much left them running away stunned. i had a couple first place medals
. i own a set of punching bags and watch ufc now, seen everyone one so of course i know who the Gracies are, even have/watched the BJJ instructional DVDs with hoyce and renzo gracie. in another thread i stated the best thing a person can do for themselves is learn some MMA and was told that its better to get a CCW.... no learn to fight.

if i ever have to send a kid to the public school system they will know how to fight
edit on 24-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I guess the only better thing to do is to change the way schools are run and who runs them. I had no idea it was that bad. I know in high school there were many fights, in fact, I was in some. But to have children being exposed to this sort of thing at a young age where all they have to rely is the adults, that's just horrible.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I guess the only better thing to do is to change the way schools are run and who runs them. I had no idea it was that bad. I know in high school there were many fights, in fact, I was in some. But to have children being exposed to this sort of thing at a young age where all they have to rely is the adults, that's just horrible.

Well look who has changed their tune....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I suppose rape victims on the street should inform the police before they get raped?

Well according to my handy copy of the World According to Josh, if the rape victim fought back or used any training in self defense then that would just be propagating the never ending cycle of violence. What if the rapist had his eyes scratched out, what then? Wouldn't he just be angry and even more mad using even more violence against women? Nigh, tis better for the victim to submit to rape and let the authorities deal with the matter afterward.

You ask, but what if the woman was being kidnapped? Surely most of those lead to death, shouldn't she fight back then? Nigh, the karma of violence would only find her descendants and torture them. Tis better the woman die quietly and submissively. Let karma deal with the kidnapper on its own schedule.

So ends this lesson...

[edit]For future reference - the above was parody to point out the irrational thinking that violence should never be used to solve violence.[/edit]
edit on 8/24/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

Wow. How incredibly thick headed are you? This is about children at school and learning violence. I've tried to be nice and express my views on this thread. Not about rape, not about robbery. 12 year olds. 12 YEAR OLDS. Do you understand? Probably not, but, I do feel for you. I am sorry that you are burdened with the inability to comprehend. It must be hard to read dozens of post, and not even understand any of them. What is even worse it that I've wasted my time debating this situation about school and violence when, all along, I could have been talking to a bucket of gravel.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

My tune has been quite steady. You, on the other hand, need to go back to school and learn how to read. And by the look of your picture, I'm sure you won't be bullied...... much.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

My tune has been quite steady. You, on the other hand, need to go back to school and learn how to read. And by the look of your picture, I'm sure you won't be bullied...... much.

Sure thing pal

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure if that's an attack, but I've spoken with DK before, and there's no doubt he WOULD NOT be bullied with his backround in MA's, including jiu jitsu.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Death_Kron

Because he should have told the school faculty before it had to come to self defense. It's all there, perhaps you missed it.

Should he have done this after the punches and before the waterbottle was thrown or just wait until the bully was done beating him bloddy?
In a perfect world where low paid teachers and grade school faculty were loving dedicated individuals, who actually catch every incident and address it properly, there would BE no bullies in the first place.

Reality, however, is not so kind.

I applaud the kid.
And the kid's parents.
Great job helping make your kid bullyproof.
My son is 7 and can defend himself.

The GracieJJ academies are great schools at the basic/intermediate level.
Gracie JJ's record effect on BJJ is unmatched.
They know their stuff

(The more advanced techs however tend to be withheld to select friends and family, and a dedicated BJJ student might want to seek advanced instruction from other sources. .. or so I have been told.....but what do I know.. I'm a BAD Ninja.
)

edit on 24-8-2011 by BadNinja68 because: typo's

edit on 24-8-2011 by BadNinja68 because: more typo's

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
josh2009s, may I ask you a question and don't get offended but were you in Special ED? and if so, Were you bullied because of your ability and the way you spoke? If so, What did you do? Did u take it as is and just take the outcome mentally, go tell a teacher so she can tell the bully" Stop doing that, its not good", or would you defend yourself verbally and if that doesnt work then physically if that person touches you and did all kinds of harm to you for a long period of time?

What would you DO?

Reason why I asked if you were in Special ED because it seem you don't understand the issue at hand. I was in Special ED myself, I've gotten picked on, not as much as the other students because back then, my school wasn't a ol goodie but i didnt fight back, I would stand up for myself, if they touched me in any way (most of the time it was rough play in their eyes),I'll get rough right back at them to show them that I wouldn't stand up for being abused/bullied and willing to go to the next step and that is defending myself physically and causing harm or no harm to the other person who try to be that tough kid who has a big ego and pick on anyone that doesnt fit his standards.

But in the other hand, the other students who was "lesser" than the "rest" gotten bullied on, beating, they told teachers and that only would stop the abuse for 2 days or 3 cause of suspension and they would return back to school and pick on the students even more for telling on them and even outside of school, it would happen to..
Telling doesnt resolve NOTHING...... Taking things into your own hands, the RIGHT WAY, Resolves everything even if you have to because physical with that person who using the same tactics on you
edit on 24-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Hello ATS members...I have seen some BS on this thead and read some crazy ideas..and remarks, i think at some point in life we all have had a run in with a person that has been intimidating. Bullys are weak individuals that have to make drama to feel better.My Daughter is 9 and is in MA'S it is the best thing for young ladies.Jujujitsu gives youth structure, balance,& discipline not to mention selfdefense...I respect the whole.. everybody has a opinion but as a parent i am going to better my child in any way...whats the saying...you play with fire you going to get burned...or was it turn the other cheek? frack all that....she also hunts with her dad moose hunting starts tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What's the kid gonna do when the bully brings a gun to schools and slaughters him and many others?

Uhh, probably die?

What a crazy post???

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Diplomacy before violence. It's right there. C'mon now.

"Righto mister bulley, look.. Uhh, Lets make a deal, aye? How about.. How about, I.. no.. You, how about You stop beating me into a bloody pulp, and I.. uhh.. I wont.. I wont go and tell teacher, alright?"

@THWACK@

*SOCK*

#POW#

".... same time tomorrow then, mister bulley?" *faints*

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Wow. How incredibly thick headed are you? This is about children at school and learning violence. I've tried to be nice and express my views on this thread. Not about rape, not about robbery. 12 year olds. 12 YEAR OLDS. Do you understand? Probably not, but, I do feel for you. I am sorry that you are burdened with the inability to comprehend. It must be hard to read dozens of post, and not even understand any of them. What is even worse it that I've wasted my time debating this situation about school and violence when, all along, I could have been talking to a bucket of gravel.

Josh, read the above to yourself again. Now, that is the sort of exasperation that results from repeatedly trying to be 'diplomatic' in the real world when, in this case, merely posting differing opinions on a forum on the internet.

Take it to the schoolground with real life physical bullies, you think diplomacy would work better than it did here?

So quick to abandon the wisdom obtained from of years living to the ripe old age of 19.

edit on 25/8/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: two thougts collided and the sentence wreck had many casualties...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I love it when pansies like the chickified guys in here say noone should stand up to a bully, it will make things worse. That is complete and total BS, the schools do nothing, the law does nothing. Its about time someone stands up to a bully and say SCREW YOU, I AINT TAKING IT ANYMORE!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join