It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top 500 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than The Bottom 150 Million Do

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by DZAG Wright

It's okay to admit it when you don't have a reply that pertains to my post. Smarmy talk is what I used to get when I lectured my son when he was 14.
Hey. . . .

Use some imagination and comprehend my reply....it squashes your post. Or must I break it down for you?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by beezzer

You can tell what ones are Obama worshipers. And worship him everynight.

Cause, this was never an issue prior to the "Joe the Plumber" conversation when Obama let slip his intent to redistribute the wealth. After that, the dogs came a running, and all of them were licking their chops for a free hand out.

Redistribute the wealth.
Hmmm, wonder where I've heard that before. . . .

It proved, incontrovertibly, the disastrous effects of machinery and division of labor; the concentration of capital and land in a few hands; overproduction and crises; it pointed out the inevitable ruin of the petty bourgeois and peasant, the misery of the proletariat, the anarchy in production, the crying inequalities in the distribution of wealth, the industrial war of extermination between nations, the dissolution of old moral bonds, of the old family relations, of the old nationalities.

Communist Manifesto

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Its called research. Something that people do to learn. Mostly when it comes to facts and data. I have a feeling your not well versed in this topic, are you?

edit on 19-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I do fail to see how you Yanks can be so proud of your millionaires that you fail to see how rotten it is when you have girls turning to stripping to pay for their education.

I'd also like to point out that such rampant inequality fuels delinquency, teen pregnancy and drug use among the have nots. This all costs a bomb in taxes to pay for policing, welfare, social education etc. And its not the super rich who will pay, is it? Cos they avoid meaningful taxation, instead leaving the average Joe or Jane to pick up the tab.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Cause, this was never an issue prior to the "Joe the Plumber" conversation when Obama let slip his intent to redistribute the wealth. After that, the dogs came a running, and all of them were licking their chops for a free hand out.

Redistribute the wealth.
Hmmm, wonder where I've heard that before. . . .

It proved, incontrovertibly, the disastrous effects of machinery and division of labor; the concentration of capital and land in a few hands; overproduction and crises; it pointed out the inevitable ruin of the petty bourgeois and peasant, the misery of the proletariat, the anarchy in production, the crying inequalities in the distribution of wealth, the industrial war of extermination between nations, the dissolution of old moral bonds, of the old family relations, of the old nationalities.

Communist Manifesto

Are you a dinosaur? "Communist Manifesto"....you're stuck in the past aren't you
? Relax, it's 2011, there aren't going to be anymore Stalin's or Pot's.

It's time for a new economic system, the one you FEAR failed, and the one you worship failed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Its called research. Something that people do to learn. Mostly when it comes to facts and data. I have a feeling your not well versed in this topic, are you?

No, research is for someone who hasn't the slightest personal idea. So you go and read literature and data, while someone such as myself who serve on the frontline, is the one you would gather your information from.

Get from behind the computer and go experience the real world....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As my dad always said.

"You can't argue with stupid"

Im out you all.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd like to know why so many people want to punish success. Why so many people want to punish hard work and effort.

Let me simplify this for you.
If you go to your local automall and hand them $40K, you expect to receive a car in return, right?
If you don't receive a car, or you receive an extremely poor quality car, you would sue them, right?

Well..
We, the middle class, pay the elite untold amounts of money via tax breaks expecting them to trickle it back into OUR economy with the idea that it will generate US Jobs, and increased wages and benefits for US workers.

What we instead receive is fewer US jobs, more off shoring, few (if any) benefits, more work, longer hours, and lower wages. Therefore they should not only be stopped from receiving those tax breaks, but they should also have to pay back that money for every year that they did not "trickle back" and grow the US economy, plus interest.

T'is a sad and sorry state of affairs when we can sit and debate the legitimacy of stealing from people who have more.

Your askew idea that stopping tax breaks for the rich is somehow stealing, especially compared to the REAL stealing that the elite engage in, was already covered in this post:

Reply to beezzer about the poor & middle class stealing from the rich...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Your animosity is poorly directed. You blame those that benefit from tax laws and not the people who write them. If I were in a position where I could save a few(million) bucks in tax "loopholes" I'd be a fool not to.

It is MY money. It is not yours. It isnot the governments. I earned it. I worked for it.

Cry me a river about all those wealthy people who won't give their money away voluntarily. Don't blame successful people because they are successful.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You blame those that benefit from tax laws and not the people who write them.

I've already addressed why we cannot seem to change the tax laws in this country here:
Why changing Reps changes nothing.

Also here...
Exactly how much interest do our Reps have in “mom & pop” businesses that do not show up with a brinx truck full of money.

As long as the rich use unfair, uncapitalistic, undemocratic, and unconstitutional tactics to rule Washington, nothing is ever going to change.

Before you reply to that comment, its also already addressed here:
Do the rich use uncapitalistic, undemocratic, and unconstitutional tactics to rule Washington.

If I were in a position where I could save a few(million) bucks in tax "loopholes" I'd be a fool not to.
It is MY money. It is not yours. It isnot the governments. I earned it. I worked for it.

That's the point, IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY, IT'S THE TAX PAYERS MONEY, its money that we allow them to deduct with certain economic expectations in return.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
That's the point, IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY, IT'S THE TAX PAYERS MONEY, its money that we allow them to deduct with certain economic expectations in return.

No. It is not. They earned it, it is theirs. I'm a tax payer. Is the money in your account mine? Just because you aren't a millionaire shouldn't exclude you from this.

Or is it just about the propagation of class wrfare?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Actually no its not, it belongs the the US tax payers, unless your a believer in those bogus tax dodger laws. If your taxes were yours it would be optional to pay, and believe me, regardless of what you might have read on the internet, its not.

Additionally, businesses have even LESS right to argue over their tax money as they are gains and corporate profits, rather then an income tax. Capital gains and Corporate Profits are both expressly mentioned as being taxable income in the 16th Amendment.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yea, you’re right. The fact I grew up in the 70's in Biloxi, MS eating rice and beans every meal with a shack for shelter, and then now, living in Des Moines, IA in a three bedroom house with my wife and kid means I never was on the front lines. (Sarcasm) I've been there, and went from rags to middle class. Through hard work and sacrifice. I will never have my own private plane or yaht, but Im fine with that. Im happy. I couldnt have asked God for more. He has supplied me with everything I needed. I failed at times, but I got back up and tried again, and never blamed anybody buy myself, and for that I’m a better person. More responsible and harder working. My biggest fear in life is failure. I never never never want a hand out or to fail. How people can take handouts and accept failure is beyond me. It’s sickening to think of.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference Robert Frost

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Actually no its not, it belongs the the US tax payers, unless your a believer in those bogus tax dodger laws. If your taxes were yours it would be optional to pay, and believe me, regardless of what you might have read on the internet, its not.

Additionally, businesses have even LESS right to argue over their tax money as they are gains and corporate profits, rather then an income tax. Capital gains and Corporate Profits are both expressly mentioned as being taxable income in the 16th Amendment.

If the "tax-payers" did nothing to earn it, then other peoples money does not belong to them. You re describing redistribution of wealth. A direction (obviously) I strongly disagree with.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Negative,
Capital Gains, and Corporate Income are taxable, its the law, its been that way for a very long time.

NOW...
Due to lobbying by those corporations less then 50% of them pay any taxes at all, and they use a disproportional amount of US services, including police, fire, damage to the ecosystems, and social services that are often used in lieu of providing benefits, etc...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Negative,
Capital Gains, and Corporate Income are taxable, its the law, its been that way for a very long time.

NOW...
Due to lobbying by those corporations less then 50% of them pay any taxes at all, and they use a disproportional amount of US services, including police, fire, damage to the ecosystems, and social services that are often used in lieu of providing benefits, etc...

Ahhh, I've got it now.
It's the wealthy peoples fault.
AND
Lobbyists.

That people are keeping ther own money instead of the government taking it and giving it alllll away to the poor.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

You need to read more. And quit complaining. Its sad. A study shows that the poor of today have much much better living conditions than the ultra wealthy of 100 years ago.

Wow it just boggles the mind what some of the stupidest # that you people come up with.

Really? the poor of today have it better then the ultra wealthy who 100 years ago, owned slaves and never had to do any actual work, lived in huge expensive mansions on hundreds of acres with all kinds of slaves and workers. And the list is so long it would take up pages off this thread if anybody cared to write it all down.

So ya the poor of today are living it up.

"As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker."

Oh my god your really need to get a different play book. All of that is called improvement, today's rich have all that and more, and all of that that the people have they have because they worked for it to buy it. In fact most are slaves to there spiffy gadgetry and trendy items.

If your going to compare it by that and the past why not compare it by the stone age as well....Oh todays poor have it way better then the rich in the stone age because they dont live in caves....Um faulty logic there genius.

Must not be too bad that the majority of lower income and poor have ac, cable and dvd player in each house. Because those are really neccesary. (sarcasm)

WTF are you slow or something... Off-course all of those are pretty much a necessity in today's age and society. And if you live in any type of city or town, all of that is a requirement to even be in the rat race.

We have moved beyond were all it took was a horse to get you around to the nearest town to see if there are jobs available, if you have not noticed. In fact if you don't have all that such as a cell phone, a computer, a car, a microwave oven, a washing machine, and the whole shebang then your really wasting your time and would be better off living like the Amish.

# if you don't have a thing such as the internet and a cell phone in today world your pretty much screwed of many opportunities, so yes get it trough your thick head they are all necessities. # last time I been to one of those so called third world countries even the people living in a run down hut in a primitive farming community, had a cell phone.

And yes having entertainment gadgets are a necessity and to me really the only thing justifying even staying in any place were humans gather like roaches, like... lets say any major city. And without those things especially in america were all you do is pretty much work, eat, #, piss, sleep, and go to work again, then it would just not be worth it. All of that I would consider a necessity.

With that said, yes , it would be nice for all families not to live paycheck to paycheck. It would also be nice for everyone to stop smoking and wasting their money on non-needed items. But that is our problem, what you think you need, might be different than what the next person may think you need. So why is it fair that you impose your views of what you think is right on the rest of the country? What makes your view of what is needed, or your view of what is fair, more right? Again, stop complaining, you don’t like your current situation, move to Mexico. Here they have great opportunities there.

Your idiotic ramblings know no bounds, now don't they.

And yes many are going to mexico and other countries, especially the rich. Because they can get more bang for there buck in places such as mexico or some Europe countries. But it is mostly only the rich who can afford to leave the rat race behind, who are leaving.

The poor however have depths to pay, kids to feed, and many bills to pay for all there freedoms.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So if you apply yourself and don't make it the first time, you quit? And that was your riposte'? You try again. And again. And again. It's called work. It's called life. Who in the hell told you it would be easy? 'Cause it ain't, kitten. It's hard. It's tough. And sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. But you don't quit. You don't whine. You don't blame others. You dust yourself off and start again. Or you can steal from poeple that have succeeded, it is easier.

You seem to be some sort of tea party nut.

So let me spell it out for you so far as things are going the american people are not wining there loosing. And in a couple of generations much of what you have now such as the land your standing on will be owned by the Chinese or international corporations.

Really I know its your job and all to spout such garbage, but can you people even keep up with the latest propaganda even....Or is that to much to ask.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Who is Obama is he your god or something? Never mind dont answer that I will just google it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wow dude you really are lost, your still a couple hundread years behind. And it seems that you still fear the dreadfull commies.

You should know all of that which happened in the 40 to the 60 era was just a play with puppets. To scare the sheeple into being controlled, most of the wars and everything else going on was always backed up by the same people/organizations all across the board of the world.

Besides if you have not noticed the commies have become capitalists now, and that is working out for them better then when they were commies, and in the future when the trend changes they will change there name and party as well.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join