It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do me a favor folks...come back down to the real world for a change and get your heads out of your butts.

1) The officer was going to tase the dogs which would have been the exact same reason we would tase a human...the X26 taser is one of the only tasers police use and its not lethal except if someone falls or in rare instances has some sort of heart or drug induced issues on top of it so nothing is 100% not lethal. So it would have given the dog...who was actively trying to harm the officer only a 5 second "lockup" of motor function and some pain. So it wasnt lethal and it wasnt an rouge officer trying to just kills some damn dogs idiots.

2) Police Text when called...even if someone is actively shooting at us or someone else. And when we shoot someone or something (dog) its to protect ourselves and or other people unable to defend themselves. This officer was responding to a DISTURBANCE meaning someone as actively aggressive and dangerous to other people like his neighbors and the public. He got there...he doesnt need a warrant to go into his house...the suspect was more than likely barricading himself behind his dogs to prevent the officer from taking him into custody or at least detaining him and questioning him. Yeah...we handcuff people who are dangerous and detain them for safety purposes and if everything pans out then they are released and everything is cool. It doesnt mean we just arrest them and charge them just because we put handcuffs on...but my guess is this officer already had probable cause to make a lawful arrest and well past the point of at least putting him in handcuffs..this officer hesitated because he's a small town kid and should have shot those F'N dogs dead let alone used a nonlethal taser. Im sure he was doing that to not upset the old man anymore but since the taser comes equipped with a laser beam and a light the suspect thought he was going to shoot the dogs with his firearm and since this guy is obviously a crazy looney and this officer had to deal with him because he got called he tried talking too him, the guy got his dogs, officer hesitated to use is firearm and instead chose the taser, old man though he was going to use his actual firearm since he seen the damn laser beam on his dog, officer told old man he would taser "shoot" his dog(s) if he didnt put them up, old man selectively hears "shoot my dog" then psyco-guy gets a 12 gauge, officer is still busy figuring out weather to shoot the dogs with even his taser, and old man comes out with a shotgun, officer doesnt see it because its at night and he distracted by the dogs...still hesitating....old man points it at officer's face....officer (even if he seen the gun) doesnt even have time to transition from his taser to his firearm to DEFEND himself....and gets his friggin head shot with a 12 gauge shotgun!!! Even then he even felt he had to wait and even ask for his own chief's permission to tase the stupid dogs. Disturbance calls are 2 or more officer calls no matter what...for this very reason...cause it costs a life. Not a COPS life or a citizens life or a suspects life...a human life. This is exactly why cops are proactive and sometimes over reactive...because they dont want this to be their story. And that may seem very dramatic to some of you but we "COPS" live daily with folks blowing their own heads off in front of us, nasty car wrecks with dead kids cause of stupid people, people killing and hurting each other in front of us, vicious animal calls, domestic violence where they are actually hurting each other and we solve everything and then they get mad at us for it.

You guys have serious issues if you cant read that story and understand that...oh...because none of you (few at best) are officer's or deputies and have any idea what these guys do other than your local t.v. screen or by a dang Youtube vid. I have some serious issues with some of your comments and if you knew better you wouldnt even type anything because of how uninformed and out of touch with what we do as police officers.

FYI...warrents arnt needed to arrest this guy if he has committed a crime. If I wanted to search his house I would have to obtain a warrant signed by a judge...and it would have to be damn specific as to what I am looking for in his house. And you bet your butts I would get fired and sued if I just went in there breaking crap and tearing his house up. Get down to reality folks.

Mods...this title is misleading. It needs to be..."Police (Officer) hesitates to tase 2 dogs, Owner shoots him in the face with shotgun" sounds a lot more accurate from the provided link.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

yes, he was told to "shoot the dogs" but with what? seems like the officers claim a stun gun, and the man claims a real gun.

three pot plants and a few guns were found. i doubt he owned the guns illegally, and pot isn't that big of a deal. if they had found meth or heroin it would be a different story.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

So are you telling me that smoking marijuana has no links to paranoia?

Really?........and I'm uneducated?.....or ignorant?

ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by thereisnotry

from what I heard locally, the guy was drugged up, haven't heard anything confirmed as of yet.

On marijuana! So intoxicating! Call the FDA!
Yeah. Let's see a legal confirmation of whatever the f "drugged up" is.....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. I don't get paranoid when I'm high..I get hungry..

Guess what Einstein?.......paranoid people don't know they are paranoid!

Not until they come down and realise they have just shot a police officer in the face that is.
edit on 15/8/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
But I would have to be much, much less intelligent to aim a weapon at a rednecks dog while on his property and expect not to get shot in the face.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

The most intelligent thing said so far and if arrogance was not the armor of the law some one would have thought of that right off.
seed

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

ok.

From my own personal experience and watching thousands of others, yes I will have to say you are ignorant. You may have never smoked before, or just believe the "Reefer Madness" yellow journalism.

Back on topic, with much respect I will have to disagree with Rockpuck and Oz.

First, we see that the grave "disturbance" was the neighbor-who-doesn't-mind-his-own-business calling about the property owner "speeding"??? Was this really "warranted"? I'm not sure if he was speeding in the street to get to his driveway, or just speeding up his driveway, regardless it sounds rather childish.

This leads me to believe that the owner is probably regarded as "the neighborhood ass", at least by those who have the time to waste and sit around and judge others. I suppose given the small town nature, the LEO knew this and unfortunately decided to jump in the viper pit, knowing he could get bit. Cannabis is as harmless as growing a garden plant, so lets not vilify this man because he had a few plants and a gun. Add in the aggressive tactics performed by the Chief, "Shoot the dogs!", the "disturbance" being "speeding" of all things, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Does it matter if it was a taser? How many people have been killed by tasers so far? I don't know of any studies where the effects of tasers are tested on dogs, but knowing that it has killed humans I can't imagine it is safe. It certainly isn't moral or ethical, and because of such an outrageous order a man has lost his life.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

I have some serious issues with some of your comments and if you knew better you wouldnt even type anything because of how uninformed and out of touch with what we do as police officers. ..

OW ! Nice threat there Serpico! Hope you don't live near me. And after a post like that you you are still flummoxed as to why "civilians" (your employers) question your mindset and subsequent actions? You have not been given some unquestionable knowledge or supernatural powers by virtue of a badge or "shield".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Are you serious kid? "I say"
If you start a disturbance, attack your dogs on an officer, you are using potentially deadly force on a police officer there trying to ask you what your deal is...your dogs and you will be shot. I would point my Glock at you, order you to come outside with your hands where I could see them, and all the while I would make it clear your dogs will be killed if they attack me. I would have backed off the second he retreated to get his firearm and would have taken cover, shot the dogs with deadly force...and called it in as a barricaded subject resisting arrest. You cant commit a crime then run into your house and hide behind your vicious dogs and refuse to speak in lawful call of service just because your "a Redneck."

This is some very immature and almost unbelievable commenting right here...not to mention its offensive stereotyping...and I grantee there are country folk out here that have good relations with their local officers and prolly do some hunting with em. You think this officer wasnt "a redneck" just because he was a cop? They live in the same dang town dude!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Nice, real nice. I ask for a legal definition and I get this. Or am I wrong and there is a legal precedent that confirms this?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

From my own personal experience and watching thousands of others, yes I will have to say you are ignorant. You may have never smoked before, or just believe the "Reefer Madness" yellow journalism.

No I am not ignorant......smoking marijuana causes paranoia.

As I stated earlier, paranoid people do not know that they are paranoid.

But if you want to ignore all the scientific studies that have been done that prove smoking marijuana does cause paranoia, then that is obviously your prerogative........and I wish you well.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

police cheif was on the radio im guessing but if some people are correct and he didnt have a warrent especialy after norway and the cop costume and failing to provide a warrrent might i say MIGHT get this guy off its what id argue as a defence lawyer i feared for my life when he failed to provide a warrent with all the media attention i just flashed back to watching that and i feared for my life problay wont work but its a defence and its better then nothing.....if this guy gets away with this this will be a game changer for sure.....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This isn't Redneck country in that area, it is a low income housing area, and it wasn't some guy pointing a gun at his dogs for no reason. The policeman was called there for a Domestic disturbance. Your arguments are moot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

--and a knotted tree branch--

Really?

That was mentioned because . . . . ?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by Argyll

Nice, real nice. I ask for a legal definition and I get this. Or am I wrong and there is a legal precedent that confirms this?

You didn't ask me for a legal definition!

I responded to what you replied to me......which was
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. I don't get paranoid when I'm high..I get hungry"

okay?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I agree, smoking pot will make you paranoid, but it's not like he was on PCP or anything. I wouldn't say that was the primary motivation for him to commit murder.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

ok.

Any proof it contributed?

Or are you just babbling?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

I read the article like anyone else...there's no special powers involved. "A badge" is a piece of metal but of course the public glorifies it as some sort of magic powers as you stated. I didnt say it...you did. I take my job, meaning life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness very seriously. More than coming onto ATS and ranting about my ideas...I live it. And now that you have someone with an actual "idea" commenting on what happened...you want to be offended because this old man blew a cop away? So your saying it was ok for him to be shot like this...you dont even need to wait on any further information.

Guy was resisting arrest...just attacking your dogs is a crime...assault LEO, Obstructing justice for refusing to simply speak with him about what the disturbance was about, and then if there were even any initial charges from the disturbance.

Look alittle deeper here dude. Who's side are you on when you want your local cop to turn his back and walk away to this type of behavior? I would be thrilled to be your local cop and I would gladly confront this dude if he was the one who tryed attacking you out on your street one night and god knows what else he was constantly doing to his neighbors...but the reason I'm alittle bothered is because if when I went to confront him and I was alittle hesitant to force like this officer was and got shot in the head with a shotgun....my family would be even more bothered because you somehow thought this lunatic who bothered you constantly...was justified or even rational in pulling a 12 gauge trigger on me who was attempting to speak with him and had to refocus on his dogs being used in a offensive way.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There have been tons of dogs that have been killed by tasers...

A dog can be killed by electric shock easier than a human..

I have much experience with livestock electric fences of lesser voltages than a taser by far, but they still give you quite a jolt, and to a dog I have seen one die, and many other farm dogs lay sick for a couple days recovering from the shock of a fence....

Knowing these things, I feel it is a 50-50 chance a dog can be killed by a taser.. and you just know the cop is going keep zapping the zap button several times like they always do...

Pretty sad situation though, and it sure won't help freedom in my view..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

ok.

Any proof it contributed?

Any proof it didn't?

edit on 15/8/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join